Major Nelson promises BIG xbox360 announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
While listening to the latest podcast. In the middle of hearing fourzerotwo talk about MW2, Major started talking about the tickets he has to give away for folks who want to be in the MS press briefing and he said:

I will guarantee, if you win tickets, you're going to see things that are once in a lifetime.

And:

Yeah, the winners of the tickets will look back on our E3 conference and say 'yeah I was there when they announced that

Well.. I guess this throws out the rumors out the window that MS has nothing to announce.. To win tickets:
https://majornelson.com/archive/2009/05/26/win-tickets-to-the-xbox-e3-media-briefing.aspx
Guess we'll see.. One more week.

That was be awesome. I want a port for MGS 4.

I'm going to enter, if I win, I'll bring my camera

To reduce your chances of winning by one, I myself have entered. :lol jk, but really, I did enter.

I really hope Major Nelson means a BIG announcement when he says "big announcement". He has the hyperbole nailed. I'm going to be sorely disappointed if they announce a Halo ODST cat-helmet 360 bundle (like they did for E3 2007 for Halo 3 and no one in the audience cheered).

or that the next mgs game is 360 exclusive :lol

I wouldn't consider that a huge announcement, or one that would make somebody want to boast that they "were there" for the huge announcement.

It's either...

A) New 360 with blu-ray technology/blu-ray add on
B) New 360 portable device
C) New 360 motion controller/games (aka Wii)

Not that any of those are groundbreaking either... but I can't think of an announcement that would be "bigger".

I wouldn't consider that a huge announcement, or one that would make somebody want to boast that they "were there" for the huge announcement.

It's either...

A) New 360 with blu-ray technology/blu-ray add on
B) New 360 portable device
C) New 360 motion controller/games (aka Wii)

Not that any of those are groundbreaking either... but I can't think of an announcement that would be "bigger".

yea, out of those 3, the ONLY one that I haven't heard of before would be the Blu-Ray Tech; which really wouldn't be a HUGE announcement. But you never know.

Last years big announcment was that FF13 wouldn't be PS3 exclusive and we still haven't seen that damn game be released. Possibly Halo 4 this year?

i heard for uk owners the 36o is doing a deal with skt tv to get satellite tv on your console, kinda like the netflix us deal but we'll get sports etc as well

I want 1 of these 3 ( preferably all 3 )

1) MGS 4 port to 360 and/or MGS "Next" to 360

2) 360 w/ blu-ray

3) Free Xbox live Gold

So, it's a "Once in a lifetime" type deal. I don't really think the FF announcement was a once in a lifetime event. So I would say this announcement has to be something truly extraordinary. Unless they are just over hyping it.

Back