Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

IGO said fabric cape on this one.

Oh I'm liking that news. Probably safe to say that with that then means that he won't be in a sitting pose. Plus if he's in any kind of flight pose won't have to worry about a heavy sculpted paint causing a lean. I love fabric capes I think they're great.

Dont do the boring X base please

SS just found another milking cow. When XM came into the picture, SS was probably surprised that people are willing to pay more. However, they failed (or ignored) the fact that collectors are willing to pay more if they get quality pieces in return. I'm not saying that all XM pieces are several notches higher than SS but with the terrible QC SS has involving a lot of their pieces, XM was just the alternative a lot of collectors are waiting for. XM was able to deliver what collectors are craving for especially in terms of quality control and execution.

I will not be surprised if SS will place a price tag of at least $800 on Magneto with an ES of 3,000 minimum. Just like what I said above, collectors won't mind paying a higher price and probably ignore the high ES as long as it translates into superb concept, sculpt and paint. Most especially, you won't receive your piece with a lot of broken pieces, scratches and parts that won't sit flush.

I have many SS products and have been more than pleased with my statues. QC has been fine, statues sit flush, prices have gone up but Their products have steadily improved in terms of QC. They don't have homeruns every time but still happy to buy from them. Sorry you've had such a bad experience with SS.

Wonder if this is going to have one of those silver bowl bases to match Wolvie and Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely that they will out do XM's Magneto.

XM is in a different class. However this may be a great alternative for those who want something affordable. It's kinda apples to oranges IMO.

It's just about preferences. XM did do an amazing magneto. Very though to beat.

But I like the realism that sideshow brings to their statues. XM is killing the classic looks/straight off the page vibe.

Either way, isn't this exciting! Finally a magneto!

Wonder if it'll be like traditional PF and include a cloth element or full sculpt. It does strike my curiosity but to be honest, I really wish they would work towards new concepts, I would've liked to have seen a full Hellfire Club or X-force line.

Wonder if it'll be like traditional PF and include a cloth element or full sculpt. It does strike my curiosity but to be honest, I really wish they would work towards new concepts, I would've liked to have seen a full Hellfire Club or X-force line.

As per SS staff posts on forums, his cape will be fabric.

What was their last sculpted cape? Haven't seen one in ages since the Batman Superman PFs.

XMs is a masterpiece, but Sideshow could surprise us in a good way.

I'm looking forward to the reveal.

Wonder if this is going to have one of those silver bowl bases to match Wolvie and Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLEASE NO.

Instant pass for me if it has one of those ugly, distracting bases.

Back