Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

How many days before we get to see this guy

If it's not a classic costume, I have zero interest. I don't mind if they tweak his classic look a bit but I don't want the PF to stray wildly from the classic costume (like sideshow did with the Deathstroke PF). I have the XM Mags and his classic costume was certainly given a updated look that I had no problem with. I'm OK if sideshow tries to pull something like that off. However, if this is a straight Marvel Now or AoA look, I'll more than likely pass. Whatever sideshow comes up with will have to hold its own against the classic Byrne/Lee Magneto I grew up reading.

I think they will take the "our own modern take on the character with classic influences" route just thanos, AA line and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's a risk to say the least. While Thanos turned out great, that Deathstroke PF is horrible.

I wouldn't mind if SSC adds their "little modernization" mods to Mags costume. But it has to be within reason like what filip said.

Because it is a gamble when they start straying away from the classic costume. The Deathstroke PF is indeed a good example of that ...man, that was bad!

I hope they go with the classic costumes for everything. I passed on majority of their 1/6 Marvel figures because of that.

I just think that's the safest bet. If sideshow would've released the Deathstroke PF in his classic costume, that would have been a day 1 purchase for me. I can't imagine anyone here getting upset if sideshow released a classic Mags PF. Classic costumes is where it's usually at. After those are released, I don't care if sideshow changes up the costume when they revisit the character with a second PF.

I wouldn't mind if SSC adds their "little modernization" mods to Mags costume. But it has to be within reason like what filip said.

Because it is a gamble when they start straying away from the classic costume. The Deathstroke PF is indeed a good example of that ...man, that was bad!

Yeah, as filip was saying, they pulled off the Thanos piece pretty well. I would mind some artistic liberties with Mags. Their new TMNT pieces are bad*** as well.

For sure it is! It's too bad too. I have Prime One's but a real nice 1:4 would've been sick. But as for Magneto I think they're gonna give a lot of love to this PF. I have a habit of checking this thread like 5 times a day to see if anyone's posted a picture lol.

For sure it is! It's too bad too. I have Prime One's but a real nice 1:4 would've been sick. But as for Magneto I think they're gonna give a lot of love to this PF. I have a habit of checking this thread like 5 times a day to see if anyone's posted a picture lol.

Yeah, I have that P1 AO Deathstroke and that piece is absolutely KILLER. Still want a classic Perez DS in 1/4 scale though. Hopefully sideshow gets it right with Magneto. It's been an incredibly long wait for a Mags PF. Sideshow has to knock this one out of the park. I think they will.

No way SS is going to let it leak. It's got so much hype already. I'll be staying up waiting for photos to start coming in from Preview night.

I had a fair share of SS statues with QC issues and misses on design and concept. But this time, I will give SS the benefit of the doubt and I'm confident this Magneto PF will exceed almost everyone's expectation.

I will give SS the benefit of the doubt and I'm confident this Magneto PF will exceed almost everyone's expectation.

It has to. After the ridiculous wait for a PF of this character and Harbottle sculpting it....this piece has to be exceptional.

It bloody best be lol. Practically everyone is counting on this one. I also expect sideshow's exclusive to break the net lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the first teaser pic of the Magneto PF:
images.jpg
The exclusive has a flat iron as switch out. Not bad.

Back