Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take out my figure to compare, but this Superman looks to use some of the same body parts as DKR Batman.

I don't know...maybe the same base "buck" was used but Batman has a LOT more wrinkles in the midsection and arms and stuff. Superman is smoother than Batman.

I hope they're still including it anyway, but Mafex had to announce that the acid gun wasn't going to be included with Batman anymore since it's a gun.

These figures are not for kids. That is so dumb. What's next? They can't do old white male figures? There are no kids buying Mafex, it's just waaay too expensive. And third parties will just make gun accessory kits. And so what if kids see a gun. Play with it. so freaking what. Who will they safe? We had guns with toys for decades. I know it's an old discussion and I am late to the game. Move on.

These figures are not for kids. That is so dumb. What's next? They can't do old white male figures? There are no kids buying Mafex, it's just waaay too expensive. And third parties will just make gun accessory kits. And so what if kids see a gun. Play with it. so freaking what. Who will they safe? We had guns with toys for decades. I know it's an old discussion and I am late to the game. Move on.

Could not agree more. This is becoming a plague.

It's part of a government regulation on toys release to the public I believe, Revoltech had to remove Wolverine's cigarettes' for the final product.

6mvv9jf1wvzy.jpg

Well Joker's cigarettes are definitely included, which makes me happy. (I should have had the damn figure by today, but amazon still hasn't shipped it, which makes me UNhappy, considering I ordered it in Feb 2020.)

I just wish he came with more cigarettes so I could give a few to my Hasbro Plasma Series Ghostbusters.

So.. how did Joker make it through with 2 cigarettes AND a batarang sticking out of his eye? PC police must be sleeping.

So.. how did Joker make it through with 2 cigarettes AND a batarang sticking out of his eye? PC police must be sleeping.

Mine was double taped on the bottom, and I absolutely thought they might've gone and removed them from the box before shipping to the US lol. Glad to be wrong!

Mine got here today too. I dig it. Blows Mattel's outta the water. Mine also has what looks like that weird mis-painted strand of hair on the batarang head. Maybe they're all like that.

I was relieved the cigarettes made it to the final product, cause they're cool and he holds them well. They are TINY. One of the smallest accessories in recent memory.

Can't believe a gun wasn't included though. This figure was designed and solicited well before that goofy rule came down from AT&T corporate.

Mine got here today too. I dig it. Blows Mattel's outta the water. Mine also has what looks like that weird mis-painted strand of hair on the batarang head. Maybe they're all like that.

I was relieved the cigarettes made it to the final product, cause they're cool and he holds them well. They are TINY. One of the smallest accessories in recent memory.

Can't believe a gun wasn't included though. This figure was designed and solicited well before that goofy rule came down from AT&T corporate.

Yeah you can see on my batarang head the paint is weird on that piece of hair.

I don't think the current DC figures' gun removal has anything to do with government regulation.

From everything I've read and understand, the changes are "Pursuant to Warner Bros.' Weapons and Proprietary Mandate". Prime 1 Studio sent a disclaimer regarding their Grim Knight statue stating they are "unable to completely and properly display, market, or advertise the product herein" because The mandate stipulates that [vendors] cannot exhibit [a figure/statue] with attached weapons, ammunition, or explosives for the purpose of marketing, nor can the former be exhibited in a threatening manner."

My understanding is that it came down through Warner Media through AT&T ownership, but I'm not sure that's fully confirmed. Regardless it seems to originate from Warner Media executives.

My understanding is some American companies are just not going to picture a figure with weapons, such as Mezco's John Constantine, but will include them with the final figure. I also heard that same practice is not allowed in Japan because items need to be shown with all accessories, so the sidestep tactic won't work for Mafex.

That's what I've read on this issue so far. I don't agree with it, and it obviously appears to be a strange standard when the DKR Joker can include his accessories, but DKR Armored Batman can't include a sonic blaster.

So…

Batman Sonic Blaster = Bad.

Joker with switchblade, cigarettes (two no less…) and grevious batarang injury = Good.

Hmmmm. Makes sense to me. Sounds like WB needs to lay off whatever cool aide they are drinking.

I think retailers like HLJ and amiami have already informed everyone that DKR Batman and Robin are delayed, but amazon japan are such bastards. They still insist the two pack is being released on June 30th....just 5 days from now. I can't believe they'll keep us hanging til right before the release day and then yank the rug out and say "just kidding....it's not out til October!"

Actually, I CAN believe it...they do it all the time.

I was trying to remain optimistic, but the fact that there are no in hand pics from Hong Kong means there's no way this is coming out on time.

Back