Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From FB
58D2A62C-44AC-4F82-890D-28D9785AEFA6.jpeg

At first glance they really do seem identical, but just like Mattel's Joker vs MAFEX's Joker, the differences really add up to making one feel premium and one feel like a budget kids' toy. (Which I guess they are.)

MAFEX has so many more accessories, option parts, great articulation (butterfly joints!!), wired cloth cape, better/subtle paint apps and several hand/head options.

Mattel isn't TERRIBLE....it's one of their better offerings to be honest with a lot of all new molding.

Mattel also has one tremendous advantage: it includes the sonic "gun" which AT&T nixed before the MAFEX release. Not only is it a really decent sculpt, it fits MAFEX's included trigger fingers perfectly so it's a nice middle finger to AT&T.

Just like Joker....if you're happy with Mattel, stick with it, it's really not that bad! But if you're a fanatic that loves the premium, grab the MAFEX.

The MAFEX Superman is gonna look amazing with this figure. Can't wait to close out the DKR saga with that figure, unless they surprise us somewhere down the road.

matty vs Maffy.JPG

I got a notification from EE about Azreal being shipped in March, but I thought I saw somewhere it was delayed. Does anyone know anything about this?

At first glance they really do seem identical, but just like Mattel's Joker vs MAFEX's Joker, the differences really add up to making one feel premium and one feel like a budget kids' toy. (Which I guess they are.)

MAFEX has so many more accessories, option parts, great articulation (butterfly joints!!), wired cloth cape, better/subtle paint apps and several hand/head options.

Mattel isn't TERRIBLE....it's one of their better offerings to be honest with a lot of all new molding.

Mattel also has one tremendous advantage: it includes the sonic "gun" which AT&T nixed before the MAFEX release. Not only is it a really decent sculpt, it fits MAFEX's included trigger fingers perfectly so it's a nice middle finger to AT&T.

Just like Joker....if you're happy with Mattel, stick with it, it's really not that bad! But if you're a fanatic that loves the premium, grab the MAFEX.

The MAFEX Superman is gonna look amazing with this figure. Can't wait to close out the DKR saga with that figure, unless they surprise us somewhere down the road.

View attachment 563539
Thanks for the comparison! What accessories does the Mafex come with?

Thanks for the comparison! What accessories does the Mafex come with?
First of all, he comes with three heads. An "angry" Bruce Wayne head, an angry helmeted head, and a stoic helmeted head. The cool thing about the helmeted heads is that you can see they were built around faces the same size as the Bruce head, so the scale is much better and more realistic than the Mattel version.

He has a bunch of hands....fists, splayed, and right and left trigger hands, that thankfully hold the Mattel sonic gun perfectly. MAFEX solicited the sonic gun but it got pulled right as the AT&T/WB gun ban took place. The Mattel one is decent...considering it only appears in two panels they got the details down!

The other accessories are special hands...there's a hand holding a box blowing out some kind of smoke, and another hand spraying acid right into Superman's face!

It's all very cool....all that's missing is a crushed helmet, and you can get one with the old DC Direct Superman from 2004 if you track it down.

71gec+s1vTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61Raaw2tvBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61y3KS3kRnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gratz, it is a really good figure. I wish Mafex would do more from TAS, but I don't see it happening.
Yeah, agreed. This figure is available everywhere still, while the Hush ones sold out before release.
They should have done TAS one first, then they probably would have sold more.

Back