MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still can't seem to get over that damn forehead tattooo... can't stop the cringe scrolling past these damn joker photos.

That Knightmare Batman looks pretty sweet. I will have to wait for reviews. The only Mafex fig I have so far is Darth Vader and I'm not thrilled. The sculpt is ok (better than Hasbro and SH) but he's rubbery and his head pops off if you breath on it. I was stoked about that Dark Knight Mafex Batman at first because I mistakenly thought it was SH. The plastic SH uses for their figures seems perfect and I'm thrilled with their Harley Quinn.

Are all Mafex figs as rubbery as that Vader?

btma.jpg

Oh man, I was told Vader was a homerun and now you're telling it has the same issues as TDKR Batman?

I'm pretty excited for these though.

What do you mean by Rubbery? All of it? Or which parts?

Oh man, I was told Vader was a homerun and now you're telling it has the same issues as TDKR Batman?

I'm pretty excited for these though.

What do you mean by Rubbery? All of it? Or which parts?

Just got the Mafex Vader and I think he's fantastic. Honestly, he's probably the best offering as far as 6" figures go. In terms of rubber, the shoulder pads and waist cape are a bit rubbery. I don't have the TDKR Batman, but all the complaints I've heard about that I haven't heard about Vader.

I think these new BVS figures are going to be awesome. All of the most recent Mafex figures don't have the same issues as the first couple did.

The mafex Vader is great for me so far and the TASM2 Spider-Man craps over my TASM1 version.

I think these new BVS figures are going to be awesome. All of the most recent Mafex figures don't have the same issues as the first couple did.

I'm very glad to hear that! My main concern is the joints that pop out easy, which seems to be the most common problem. (From reviews I've seen)

I just saw they announced ironman. If these look this good when released then I've found my new main 6inch line

Medicom-MAFEX-Iron-Man-Mark-45-Action-Figure-2016-e1453741622932.jpg

I've had MAFEX ASM2, Nolan Bats v.2, and stormtroopers. While they all had something to recommend them - particularly that Spidey - none of them have the well-built, solid feel I've experienced with SHF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had MAFEX ASM2, Nolan Bats v.2, and stormtroopers. While they all had something to recommend them - particularly that Spidey - none of them have the well-built, solid feel I've experienced with SHF.

Would you recommend the Stormtrooper? Thinking about picking him up.

Depends on your aesthetic preference in the end.

The finish on SHF is miles ahead; neither the SHF or MAFEX helmet sculpt is accurate, but I do like the stylized SHF in combination with the overall finish and build quality.

The MAFEX stormies have the shoulder armour attached to the torso armour, which can be awkward.

I like the SHF much better and feel it's underrated (yet still overpriced on secondary market) ... but the MAFEX isn't terrible; it just doesn't do it for me.

The Knightmare Batman is coming in January 2017 instead of December 2016 now. Only bumped up a month; it's not that big of a deal but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Depends on your aesthetic preference in the end.

The finish on SHF is miles ahead; neither the SHF or MAFEX helmet sculpt is accurate, but I do like the stylized SHF in combination with the overall finish and build quality.

The MAFEX stormies have the shoulder armour attached to the torso armour, which can be awkward.

I like the SHF much better and feel it's underrated (yet still overpriced on secondary market) ... but the MAFEX isn't terrible; it just doesn't do it for me.

Oh dear, would you say it feels/looks cheap? Is it comparable to any other line?

A bit offtopic but Looks like Medicom haven't learnt anything from their past. Arms popping out left right and centre. I am a bit scared about the DoJ figures now. Check the video below.

That Anthony's Customs? Yeah I'm not watching that :lol

I may wait for some reviews of the BvS figures, god dammit, first Supes figures with decent articulation.....

Oh dear, would you say it feels/looks cheap? Is it comparable to any other line?

That depends. The MAFEX joints are nice and smooth, but depending on the figure and QC, they can be a little loose. The finishes (paint, mold etc.) are generally very good, but can they be slightly fuzzy or uneven? Yes.

I'd put them far ahead of say ... Hasbro ... NECA, too. But they don't feel as tightly engineered or well-finished as SHF generally do.

I might rank them as:

1. SHF
2. Figma
3. MAFEX

Although to be fair, I have limited experience with Figma.

That Anthony's Customs? Yeah I'm not watching that :lol

purely out of curiosity: how come?

I only have mafex tdkr batman 1.0 but if mafex remains anything like that... Yeah wouldnt pay over 40$ shipped for any mafex figure I think. Though DC could make me bite especially if I like SS.

I stopped watching his reviews a while ago, too whinny, lots of brand loyalty that skew his reviews, and pointless nitpicking among other things...

I think he's one of the least liked reviewers out there, along with the likes of Sean Long.

Back