Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Buy's online inventory sucks. Tried to order the Age of Ultron steelbook and the system said it was available for shipping. Took my order but it was cancelled two days later.

System still says the steelbook is available for pickup at six locations near me. However, when I go to process the order, it says it's not available at any of the locations.

How'd you get the steelbook if the item was removed from their website for a whole week?....

Never saw Mad Max in the Theaters. When it was released on Blu ray I was there that Tuesday (day off work) and they had a lot of steel books. I was not a Mad Max guy and did not want make the blind purchase. Finally when a co-worker let me borrow his copy I said “Damn….would have been nice to own on steel book”. Ofcoarse be then they were all SOLD OUT!!

So being the patient guy that I am, I check best buy website and close branches for availability from time to time. I just so happen to come across a “not available online” but “available in store” at my closest location with RESERVE option. I had never reserved before online so I decided to try that process. Went throughout the motions, the next day I received a confirmation. I went to BB and sure enough it was on hold for me!! FYI – nothing on the shelves!! :wink1:

Never saw Mad Max in the Theaters. When it was released on Blu ray I was there that Tuesday (day off work) and they had a lot of steel books. I was not a Mad Max guy and did not want make the blind purchase. Finally when a co-worker let me borrow his copy I said “Damn….would have been nice to own on steel book”. Ofcoarse be then they were all SOLD OUT!!

So being the patient guy that I am, I check best buy website and close branches for availability from time to time. I just so happen to come across a “not available online” but “available in store” at my closest location with RESERVE option. I had never reserved before online so I decided to try that process. Went throughout the motions, the next day I received a confirmation. I went to BB and sure enough it was on hold for me!! FYI – nothing on the shelves!! :wink1:
Sweet! I did a blind buy on this one too. So glad I did. This movie just rocks! :rock

Some steel books are nice (like this one), others not so exciting (IMO Avengers Age of Ultron). For AOU I decided to skip steel book and get the 3D with SLIP COVER to go with the original Avengers Blu Ray!

If the cover of Mad Max was reversed and the Steelbook art was on the regular Blu ray, I think I would have got the regular blu ray. Sad that the regular blu ray image does not represent the movie at all!!

I tried the same thing last week, starting Thursday of last week, Best Buy removed Mad Max Fury Road steelbook from their site. That's why I'm interested as how you got it if it does not exist as a listing.

I had 3 stores all saying available, but either they were ****ing ****s, or are complete idiots and couldn't find it.

I went to my store when it was available and some asshat bought all 12 copies the store had. That's why I'm very angry about it. :lol

Congrats on getting one at least. Loved this film, seen it 7 times in theatres and I was pissed to miss the steel even though they sold my preorder.

Some steel books are nice (like this one), others not so exciting (IMO Avengers Age of Ultron). For AOU I decided to skip steel book and get the 3D with SLIP COVER to go with the original Avengers Blu Ray!

If the cover of Mad Max was reversed and the Steelbook art was on the regular Blu ray, I think I would have got the regular blu ray. Sad that the regular blu ray image does not represent the movie at all!!

I agree, but since the Mad Max Steelbook didn't have the 3D version, I skipped it. RE the AOU Steelbook, yep, it's not that great but since the steelbook includes the 3D version and is the cheapest one available, I've been wanting to get it. I'm not that obsessive of a steelbook collector, but if I can get one I can...the only one I regret missing out on was the Winter Soldier steelbook. The GOG one was "meh" IMO.

I'd apreciate this film MUCH more if they've left natural colors.

Waaay more oldschool and madmaxy.

It could have worked without all the enhancements, but then again it wouldn't have been as visually or stylistically interesting IMO. Fury Road is way more extreme stylistically than any of the other movies, and that's something I really thought worked in its favour.

It could have worked without all the enhancements, but then again it wouldn't have been as visually or stylistically interesting IMO. Fury Road is way more extreme stylistically than any of the other movies, and that's something I really thought worked in its favour.

I agree. The entire film is exaggerated, so the film's look and color should be as well.

it could have worked.
but miller did not want to leave it to imagination. the setting is australia, even though it was shot somewhere else.lolz

But it WAS basically a boring action flick. There are no redeeming qualities outside of glorious action scenes and crazy soundtrack.

The title says "Mad Max: Fury Road", not "The Chronicles of Mad Max: Furiosa, Immortan Joe and the Truck".
Max is the only character during the first six minutes of film.

While entertaining it started to not be thrilling because they went too overboard with trying to out do The Road Warrior in the action scenes just because modern technology allowed it to be done.

Less is always more.

Time has not been kind to my memory of this... I will have to watch it again but I remember thinking after seeing it that I enjoyed the film.... But the story was average at best... The practical stunts were great and refreshing but without a great story and characters it is as Riddick said... Kind of boring...

Shame on those comparing Joe with Vader... Joe will not be remember in 10 years except by die hard fans of this series. :)

Back