1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is hilarious.

Is there no limit to the price hikes? Where is the ceiling by which the hobby implodes?

With Sideshow letting the SW license go, I guess they just said **** it, let's get what we can.

Pricing seems to suggest that.

i keep seeing this, where is this idea that they're letting the license go coming from?

Perhaps I should have said they no longer have a monopoly on high-end 1/6th Star Wars.

They should be undercutting Hot Toys if they wanna compete, not charging more then them :duh

Idiots.

PRECISELY! :goodpost: This is what I thought competition should be doing. Instead they've monopolized behind closed doors.

When this gets blown out for $144 at Spook 2016, I'm so there.

Save me a seat too! :lol

Never wanted han or Luke in Hoth at their price points. Xwing Luke was a given for me, but not at $240. SSC can kiss my ass

True. I'm counting that by 2016 I might want to rotate my display to accommodate this very nice $150 figure.

Sideshow and HT are teaching me patience.

:exactly::clap

Ordered the EX

Preordered:clap

:slap

At $60, the monthly flex payment is equal to what the figures used to cost.

This is hilarious.

Is there no limit to the price hikes? Where is the ceiling by which the hobby implodes?

I'd say we're close to, or over it for this figure. There is usually complaints about any figures price... even ANH Luke at $75 was a problem; but I can't recall an almost universal thumbs down on a figure's price in all the time I've been a member here.

I mean, ****, if I'm not planning on buying him and bitching about the price you know something is wrong :lecture

That's getting a little silly bringing quality into the equation with only a proto to look at. The sculpt however blows away Hot Toys Star Wars efforts, including their latest and even many of their non-SW licenses. Will it hold up to production? Who knows. But I think it's better to keep focused on pricing as a matter of content rather than the unknown quality of the final work (at this point).

Everyone noticed this figure also has a brand new body?

Based on other recent SS SW releases, this fits in at $170-180 tops. It sticks out like a sore thumb in regards to pricing at the moment.

Again, pricing only!

Can't agree with your assessment of sculpts. Your opinion, so you are welcome to it. My opinion is the sculpt isn't better than HTs SWs efforts...old or new. I have EVERY SSCs SWs offering...EVERY ONE and NONE have held up in terms of likeness from proto to production on human likenesses.

This one is off...just like the farm boy Luke, Stormtrooper Luke, Bespin Luke, Ceremonial Luke and the original Jedi Luke...all of which are still in my collection...and none are great sculpts of Mark Hamill.

I'd say we're close to, or over it for this figure. There is usually complaints about any figures price... even ANH Luke at $75 was a problem; but I can't recall an almost universal thumbs down on a figure's price in all the time I've been a member here.

I mean, ****, if I'm not planning on buying him and bitching about the price you know something is wrong :lecture

I 100% agree with you. I haven't seen this much nearly unanimous angst towards a figure price ever. I think they jumped the shark with this one.

I think it's a great looking figure... and I'd agree with PP that it's the strongest likeness we've seen of Luke. Overall it's a really well made prototype with the exception of the relaxed gloved hands looking a bit big, but relaxed hands almost always look bad :lol

But with all of that it's just not $240; even if it was a HT figure the price would be too much. Judging by how they've priced Han and the Stormtrooper they wouldn't even charge $240 :huh Even compared to recent Sideshow releases like the Scout Trooper ($190), Jango Fett ($220) or the Phase II Echo ($150) this is overpriced.

It's clearly a beautiful figure. It looks amazing to me and I've been dying to pre-order this. But this is all about pricing and it's just crazy to pay that much and get so little. $55 cheaper and that would've been the sweet spot.

I wonder if Disney has jacked up all the license rights?

And we thought LFL was bad. I see the day where we actually long for the LFL days.

Wouldn't that mean that Han or Chewie would have been more... or even the Stormtroopers :huh I guess it's possible that Luke was the first figure out of all of them to be affected, but I tend to doubt it. I think they went for a cash grab.

I think it's a great looking figure... and I'd agree with PP that it's the strongest likeness we've seen of Luke. Overall it's a really well made prototype with the exception of the relaxed gloved hands looking a bit big, but relaxed hands almost always look bad :lol

But with all of that it's just not $240; even if it was a HT figure the price would be too much. Judging by how they've priced Han and the Stormtrooper they wouldn't even charge $240 :huh Even compared to recent Sideshow releases like the Scout Trooper ($190), Jango Fett ($220) or the Phase II Echo ($150) this is overpriced.
I literally blinked my eyes when I saw the price. No BS, I was literally shocked. Ive never been taken back like this over a price.

Man, threezero is a breath of fresh air with their $130-$160 shipped GoT figures. Even if they do make the ugliest hands in the industry. :lol

These prices are only strengthening my resolve to leave movie/pop culture figures behind and go all out WWII/historical figures. Is licensing that much? I honestly don't know. DID/3R puts out top notch figures that are equally nice as HT and they come chock full of accessories, sculpts and extra outfits for $120-$140.

:rotfl:rotfl:lecture

Who's next? Darklord Dave? I just thought of Goldberg after typing that:
hqdefault.jpg

When this went up I ordered it just out of habit but I just went in and officially cancelled and was sure to mark that it was due to the price point. It felt good, VERY good to remind myself that I control this hobby of mine, not a collectible company, no matter how cool something might look. If a company wants my business then they need to play by my rules. $240 for barebones Luke? I'm out.

Wouldn't that mean that Han or Chewie would have been more... or even the Stormtroopers :huh I guess it's possible that Luke was the first figure out of all of them to be affected, but I tend to doubt it. I think they went for a cash grab.

I think HT is being kind (somewhat) on their pricing to wet our whistle. The $400 Stormtrooper set is showing their direction. HT will nail us with Luke/Leia... and absolutely kill us with Vader. $399.99 for just him. But he'll talk.

Back