1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT is being kind on their pricing to wet our whistle. The $400 Stormtrooper set is showing their direction. HT will nail us with Luke/Leia... and absolutely kill us with Vader. $499.99. But he'll talk.
I don't know why some people expected the Storm Troopers to be under $200 each or something. I guess because Sideshow priced their Troopers less or something people expected Hot Toys to follow suit. I didn't feel shocked by the price of the two pack at all.

Nor did I. I figured HT would charge $229.99 actually for a single. So they still came in under what I expected. For a very reusable figure. But again this is the lead-in. I expect prices to steadily increase.

I'm serious about Vader being $399.99

I'm thinking Luke/Leia set -- if there is one -- will push the $500 mark like Chewie/Han.

Does Sideshow still answer questions in the 'ask Sideshow' section here? I doubt we'd get an answer but its worth a try.

I almost want to order him just to cancel so I can click the "too expensive"option like others have. :lol

Last edited:
Take the $240 and take your wife to a real damn fancy dinner or show, or even better take your kids to a toys r us shopping spree. You'll get more satisfaction.

Yeah... I think I'm just about done with collecting, or very close to it. Not really a bad thing though.

Yeah it was fun while it lasted, I feel like I've seen a decline already, just on Spooktacular giveaways and all the price drops and free shipping. By this time next year there will only be half of us around here :(, or we start collecting Necas or something else.

Nor did I. I figured HT would charge $229.99 actually for a single. So they still came in under what I expected. For a very reusable figure. But again this is the lead-in. I expect prices to steadily increase.

I'm serious about Vader being $399.99

I'm thinking Luke/Leia set -- if there is one -- will push the $500 mark like Chewie/Han.
I think that's a given that Luke/Leia would be around $450-$500 as a two pack. That seems about right to me and I wouldn't be surprised one bit considering most Hot Toys figures are priced between $220 and $250. I think Vader will be costly but I can't see it reaching $400 unless they do a version with some elaborate diorama or something. I see him being between $275 and $300.

Take the $240 and take your wife to a real damn fancy dinner or show, or even better take your kids to a toys r us shopping spree. You'll get more satisfaction.

mmmmmm. or take yourself to a strip club. youll get more satisfaction. $240 will keep them hose hounds around and they wont yap like your wife or your kids.

this hobby is a a hobby to us, but to SS its just a business. there is no emotional attachment whatsoever. they just want to be filthy rich. we can only blame ourselves. seriously. we buy EVERYTHING they hand us. who can blame them??? they had to TRY. now they know. BUT, we represent a rather small %. there are plenty of people who make a bunch of disposable income who dont care and will buy it cuz its a Red 5 Luke.

Remember Dusty? That was how long ago.

Ha, when you posted that SSC doesn't respond anymore I tried to remember the name of that one gal who used to participate so much. Dusty. That's right. She was cool. 2007-08 really was a fun time for collecting. Sure those figures released then suck now but we didn't know better and everything just had a cool vibe to it. :lol

Yeah, those were fun times.

I still feel like Jabba the Hutt was the biggest burn yet achieve by Sideshow. "Burn" meaning rip-off. And I have him. He holds a special place for me as the King of Overpriced Plastic.

$129.99 when most figures then were just getting to $65-70.

Does he still stink? I've never owned him but remember people complaining about a strange odor back in the day. I laugh at some of those posts from back then where people lamented that SSC would most likely never produce a 1/6 General Grievous because he would cost "over $100." :rotfl

And Grievous did cost over $100.

No, Jabba doesn't stink anymore. He did. And he was slimy/greasy for awhile in places. He's a great sculpt, with silly little moveable arms and a terrible paint job. $129.99 in 2007. He was way ahead of his time.

Back