Lucas and Spielberg violate Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt laugh. Cuz I dont belive it. Like I said in the other thread. They take Steven out, i'd laugh. I feel Lucas should get the blame.

I agree completely. I like KOTCS except for 3 scenes(and I bet it's easy to guess what they were. I like the south park episode too, but could have done withought certain visuals.

Lol, it's also a parody of three rape scenes taken from Boys dont cry, the Accused and Deliverance .

Noted that too...I love it when the South Parks guys do little tips of the hat to movies like that. My favorite being the brawl in "Cripple Fight" where the action/dialogue was lifted from John Carpenter's "They Live"

Back to the topic at hand, I thought the South Park episode was hilarious, but I have to admit I haven't seen the film yet. George Lucas' work with the 3 recent Star Wars films didn't inspire me to run to the theater for this one.

Oh my! It always surprises me what they can get away with. Also the bit with Butters shooting people in the d_ck was hilarious.

I think its because I hung around IMDB too much. Too much hate. Got annoying reaaaaal quick. So, I guess thats why I didnt laugh.

I think I am the only person who enjoyed the movie. Hrm.
i enjoyed the hell out of it.

and i think that episode wasn't so much b1tching about the movie as it was making fun of all the overly dramatic and vitriolic fanboyism by having a bunch of little kids and grown-ass adults literally crying about the movie.
joke's on the haters again.
________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
I took it as a criticism of indy IV but now that you guys mention it it really was a jab at fanatical fans too. Don't watch South park but had to see this one. I loved all the cliched dramatic dialogue.

An episode of controversial cartoon series SOUTH PARK has sparked outrage after depicting Hollywood director STEVEN SPIELBERG in a rape scene with HARRISON FORD.

The show made its season 12 debut on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur on Thursday (09Oct08). In the opening episode, entitled The China Problem, the show's characters have flashbacks of Indiana Jones star Harrison Ford getting raped by Jewish director Spielberg and his fellow filmmaker George Lucas.

Anti-Defamation League spokesperson Myrna Shinbaum tells the New York Daily News, "South Park has been offensive and has had very anti-Jewish pieces in the past. We understand that the show is trying to satirise, but it may get lost on those who are haters."

According to reports, bosses at Paramount Pictures have scheduled a meeting with executives at its parent company, which produces the Comedy Central series.

Comedy Central's Senior Vice President Steve Albani says, "We don't comment episode by episode on South Park or whether they cross the line, but South Park has a history, and people know what they are getting into when they watch it." Paramount have declined to comment on the episode.
:whip:chew

Ridiculous! I guess you can turn anything into racism, if you try hard enough :duh If that's what they think the message of that episode was, I wonder if they even bothered to watch it? And for other "anti Jewish" stuff, I guess they don't get that either. It's always Cartman, and only Cartman, that expresses that view. And he always gets crapped on in the end. I guess some people don't understand writting. The whole purpose of Cartman in the show is to epitomize every hateful, negative view found in society. He's a plot device. And by the treatment of the character in those episodes, the creators clearly have no love for bigotry or racism.

Ridiculous! I guess you can turn anything into racism, if you try hard enough :duh If that's what they think the message of that episode was, I wonder if they even bothered to watch it? And for other "anti Jewish" stuff, I guess they don't get that either. It's always Cartman, and only Cartman, that expresses that view. And he always gets crapped on in the end. I guess some people don't understand writting. The whole purpose of Cartman in the show is to epitomize every hateful, negative view found in society. He's a plot device. And by the treatment of the character in those episodes, the creators clearly have no love for bigotry or racism.

:clap Well stated bro..

A lot of people don't get that either, they think that Matt and Trey are just bigots who express their views with the show. It's far deeper than that. They are showing society's faults, in all corners of life.

Exactly!!
This is why I love the show, because it's seen from the point of view of kids (a bit extreme, though) but I remember asking a lot of those questions when I was like 7 or 8 years old, and not for being malicious necessarily, but just being a kid.
Of course Cartman is a S.O.B. but I've seen actual comments by "adults", even here, that just make me cringe!!
ANd they pick on everyone, they are an Equal Opportunity show...

Lol, it's also a parody of three rape scenes taken from Boys dont cry, the Accused and Deliverance .

The best part of The Accused scene was that they were raping him on a Howard the Duck pinball machine... :rotfl

I thought the episode was f'n priceless...

As to the racism angle, it's f'n BS. I just think it's funny how there are episodes of Cartman as Hitler and even full episodes of him trying to exterminate Jews and they do nothing. But the minute it involves Speilberg in nothing relating anything to Judaism, it's suddenly wrong. I swear these ^^^^ing groups have nothing better to do with their time. GET A LIFE!!!

One more question, if it aired on Yom Kippur, how did the Jewish group even know about it? They're not allowed to watch TV that day... :lol

Back