LotR 1/6 Horses?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should SSC make horses for the 12 inch LotR line?

• No, I don't need no stinking horses!

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Yes, sell them as sets with the rider, whatever it costs!

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Yes, sell them seperately.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Yes, sell them as sets but I won't pay more than $100 for the set.

Votes: 13 15.1%

• Total voters
Personally I would kill for a 1/6th Shadowfax. :D
I agree with others that articulated horsed like DML's would be great. I have their Horst & Blitz set and Blittz is a great model. If Sideshow can do that I'd buy it in a heatbeat.
Lastly, Rohirrim without horses would be just so very sad. . . :(

FlyAndFight said:
The Ringwraith is the obvious example for the need for a 1/6th scale horse. But Sideshow can certainly make some money here by designing "one" horse and simply painting him differently in order to represent the Nazgul steed, Brego, Shadowfax, Arod, etc...
That's true, Alex... but I would much prefer for Shadowfax to have his own sculp, as he is different from all other horses. Please. :D

koipond said:

Touche Sir! :bow Almost the right size too.
But you have to admit having a !/6th Mumak with a full complement of Haradrim would be the coolest collectible figure set of all time. Not to mention the most expensive. . .
Back om topic I agree with GrueSam that if they do horses they should at least do Shadowfax differently as he is King of the Mearas and the most important steed in the series. Bigger, faster, stronger, umm horsier.

GrueSam said:
That's true, Alex... but I would much prefer for Shadowfax to have his own sculp, as he is different from all other horses. Please. :D

True, true! I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps there's some way of swapping horse heads. Think of the possibilities! "The Godfather Part II" dioramas!

As much as I would like to throw down some money for the ponies, I would much prefer to get environments to recreate scenes from the films. Gimli could go nicely with Balin's Tomb, Gandalf the Grey with the Bridge of Khazadum, Bilbo with the front door of Bag End, Legolas could fit almost anywhere, Saurman with a slick black section of Orthanc, Aragorn at Helm's Deep, Boromir at Amon Hen, Sam and Frodo with the dead marshes or Mount Doom, Merry and Pip in Fangorn, I could go on and on (and apparently have...) but I would really like the horses to be those that resonate in the film. Bill is a must, a horse for the Black Rider, and Shadowfax. Others would be cool too, but these are the horses for me!

The Bayonet and Barbed Wire collectors would be delighted to see SST produce horses. Opens up a whole new area of potential kitbashes.
We have an Aussie 'Light Horseman', who is fed up with all the walking.

Old Bill

Don't forget the earlier Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid and General Custer figures could use a ride. Even the newly released George Washington and most of the Civil War figures would benefit as well. Plus, they've got the John Wayne license and there will definitely have to be a "western" version of the Duke.

It's an untapped market with a lot of potential.

Back