Lord Starkiller....Rise!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkuru

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this guy for a while now. Now that i have some spare time, I get to dive back into customizing stuff!:yess:
I don't know the whole back story of this incarnation, but he seems like the coolest version to me.

51abw9ek2fl.jpg

I haven't figured out how to do the whole costume out yet, but it seams most of his gear is similar to other characters. This is what I have so far, base body is a SS Pro with HT head, Anakin boots, and CW Anakin hands. Will have to sew the suit and fabricate all the armor and helmet.
If any of you guys have good reference pics, don't be shy to share.

DSC02926.jpg

Darn! :gah:

I've been planning to do him for months, thought it would be a first... I've had too much on my plate, and now you've beaten me to it!

I had even gone so far as to make a 3D model of the helmet so I could run it through Pepakura and print one out...

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out! I might be able to get you some reference pics in a little bit, took lots of screenshots in-game for when I was going to do mine a while back... Now if only I could find them....

Oh yeah that would look so cool.

The vent on the front of the helm reminds me of boush leia as well as the shoulder armour.

Darn! :gah:

I've been planning to do him for months, thought it would be a first... I've had too much on my plate, and now you've beaten me to it!

I had even gone so far as to make a 3D model of the helmet so I could run it through Pepakura and print one out...

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out! I might be able to get you some reference pics in a little bit, took lots of screenshots in-game for when I was going to do mine a while back... Now if only I could find them....

DP go for it! sounds like you already have a huge head start on the most difficult part, the helmet. Lord knows how slow I work! If it's not to much trouble, I would definitely take any pics you have, he is tuff to find good references for.

DP go for it! sounds like you already have a huge head start on the most difficult part, the helmet. Lord knows how slow I work! If it's not to much trouble, I would definitely take any pics you have, he is tuff to find good references for.

Ah I would like to! I'm trying to limit myself to 1 custom at a time (what a crazy concept, right? :lol)

I barely have time to work on a single figure, if I worked on two at once it'd take forever to finish either of them! :panic:

:lol I think I might work even slower than you, as I have been working on a single figure (my custom Mando) since about March of last year! (Oh my, that's 11 months! :horror I can't believe I've let that much time go by... I've got to get workin! :panic:)

Anyway, I couldn't find any of my starkiller pics on my photobucket account, I'll look for em on my computer and post em here when I can. :)

Nice work so far! Man, you are way faster than me. What are you talking about, being so slow or whatever? You've made progress within a single day of posting the concept for a figure.

That's pretty darn fast, IMO! I haven't done any customizing in about 3 days, at least...

And there's no way to say this properly - but I think your crotch piece needs to be rubbed smooth!

:panic:

I did a couple of quick renders of the helmet model I made a while ago. (Although I didn't have time to look for the game screenshots yet)

sithhelm1.jpg

sithhelm2.jpg

It's not the best 3D model in the world - it was just so I could print out the right shape on paper to make it in 1/6. So there's not a lot of details, but you can see the overall shape.

Hope these help! :) I'll look for those screenshots again tomorrow (or just take new ones, if I need to!)

:horror :horror :horror

Well... that blows my piddly little helmet model out of the water... Will you still be wanting those screenshots Katkuru?

Nice work so far! Man, you are way faster than me. What are you talking about, being so slow or whatever? You've made progress within a single day of posting the concept for a figure.

That's pretty darn fast, IMO! I haven't done any customizing in about 3 days, at least...

And there's no way to say this properly - but I think your crotch piece needs to be rubbed smooth!

:panic:

LOL! I was going for the leather textured look.

I did a couple of quick renders of the helmet model I made a while ago. (Although I didn't have time to look for the game screenshots yet)

sithhelm1.jpg

sithhelm2.jpg

It's not the best 3D model in the world - it was just so I could print out the right shape on paper to make it in 1/6. So there's not a lot of details, but you can see the overall shape.

Hope these help! :) I'll look for those screenshots again tomorrow (or just take new ones, if I need to!)

:horror :horror :horror

Wow DP, that's very good. Just a little more details and its done! Way better than I can sculpt. Now if only someone one the board had a 3-D printer.

Well... that blows my piddly little helmet model out of the water... Will you still be wanting those screenshots Katkuru?

These will work, no need now. Thanks anyways!

Update... Hands are done!

DSC02955.jpg

I will be using the same fabric as my Darth Vader suits:

DSC02951.jpg

Also from Vader ROTS, will be his chest armor used back wards, hope it works:

DSC02938.jpg

:clap

Hands are looking great so far Katkuru!

And I think that armor should work.

By the way, if your interested, I may be able to send you an "unfolded" version of the helmet to print out in 1/6 scale and assemble, courtesy of Pepakura Designer.

If you printed it out on cardstock, you could reinforce it with superglue and sculpt with clay over it. Might help get the overall shape down... :huh

This is the method I used for my custom Mando helmet, anyway, it seemed to work pretty well.

:clap

Hands are looking great so far Katkuru!

And I think that armor should work.

By the way, if your interested, I may be able to send you an "unfolded" version of the helmet to print out in 1/6 scale and assemble, courtesy of Pepakura Designer.

If you printed it out on cardstock, you could reinforce it with superglue and sculpt with clay over it. Might help get the overall shape down... :huh

This is the method I used for my custom Mando helmet, anyway, it seemed to work pretty well.

DP, SOLD! I would love to try that, I hope I have the skill and patience to put it together. If it works out, you get the first copy!:hi5:

Great start I will watch your progress with great interest. I love the Sith Stalker armor first version and second version. One of my favorite expanded universe characters Mr. Starkiller is. Hope those images I posted help you man.

Back