Lord of the rings online (f2p)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame]https://youtu.be/y6FlVM_Hp1g[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/qcPuCnqp5d0[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/XMf30AXGees[/ame]

People still play this game? SWTOR sucked and was curious if this still has a fan base.

i quit this right after housing came out. It's a great game the problem with this was 2 folds.

1) You can easily max out as the game was designed like wow, after you max out there is nothing to do, which led to many people to quit.

2) Then you can never find the required classes for the high level grouping. As there wasnt many people on at times, and takes hours to find a tank + healer to get a high level group going

I dont know if this has changed since...

i quit this right after housing came out. It's a great game the problem with this was 2 folds.

1) You can easily max out as the game was designed like wow, after you max out there is nothing to do, which led to many people to quit.

2) Then you can never find the required classes for the high level grouping. As there wasnt many people on at times, and takes hours to find a tank + healer to get a high level group going

I dont know if this has changed since...

1# only applies if you constantly play it ive my character for years not even lvl 40 yet it takes a long time to lvl up imo

I now have 4 75's and kin has got the Orthanc raid down on T1 many times, and managed to get a couple of T2 wings done as well. Not bad for a fairly small/casual aussie kin.

I have Rohan pre-ordered so am doing final tidy ups to be ready to hit the new expansion hard on 5th Sept.

The only real question left now is what mounted combat will be like.

Downloading the client cause I'm weak :monkey3
1.3Mbps/sec and 1 hour left but I'm heading to bed.

What server are you guys on and any recommendations for starters?

I did some class research and since I don't have access to Warden or Rune-Keeper I was thinking about going either Burglar or Hunter.

Do any of you old-time guys have any recommendation re: classes?

It really depends on the type of role you like to play. Hunter is pretty much a single target range dps. Kill it before it gets to you.

Burg is also mostly single target, but in malee range, so that's more a case of stun it, daze it, confuse it and then kill it from behind. A burg also has some support skills, can trigger events and improve overall group dps.

A Guardian is your main tank, so if you don't want to be directing the action and playing the key role, that's not for you.

A Mini is the main healer, so it's your job to keep everyone else alive.

A Captain is a little bit of everything and the main buff/support class. Once a group has the others covered, then what they want most is a cappy. While they may not stack well, every raid always wants two cappies.

A LM is your main debuff and crowd control, something a Burg can do to, just not to the same level.

A Champ is your aoe death machine. Have a tank group them all up and then you cut them down.

Yeah that's pretty much what I read.
In WoW I was first a Priest so I healed for a while then I played Rogue, Death Knight (which seems somewhat like a Champion), then rogue again.
In SWTOR I played an Agent and that seems mostly like a Hunter.

I don't know. I always like to sneak around and I like the idea of a debuffer but I always play a rogue type character so I feel like LotRO could be a good opportunity to play something different.
I don't want a high responsibility role as I'm new to the game so I think guardian and minstrel are out.:panic:

Just curious how is the PvP in this game? Is there PvP? since that is the main selling point for me in mmo's these days. I was considering trying this game out But haven't read up on it. I don't have enough time anymore to do PvE but I love PvP

Back