Looking for a few good men: 1/6 Aliens USCM BDUs redux ..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't looked at my HT Marines since they came out. Is there a separate liner which you can remove (inner helmet line containing the suspension straps) ?

The HT Helmet's webbing in the helmet can be removed.
Will post pictures this weekend of the helmet in loose parts.
Pulled one apart yesterday, without any trouble.( thanks again LT Dan:hi5:)
View attachment 27231 View attachment 27230

View attachment 27232 View attachment 27233
While doing the take the piece apart thing, i lost the connection point on the chin strap,:panic: did not see that untill today.
Hope its still on our floor.:dunno

Was planing on doing a helmet with cover yesterday, but came to the conclusion that i first want to do a little check while watching the movie again.
Wanna check which cover i got, matches the patterns that Hudson got the most.:exactly:
Clear pictures of the original Hudson helmet, are more then welcome.
Was planing on doing a helmet with cover yesterday, but first i wanna do a little check while watching the movie again.

Negative! That's not a liner. This is a steel pot and liner:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-M1-US...973-LINER-/150478685779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

That is merely a removable suspension system.

If you talk to any WWII collectors, they will tell you the top 3 best 1/6 scale M1 steel pots are made by DiD, Soldier Story, and Terry Zang in terms of shape and size. The rest of them are not as accurate, that includes your USCM Hot Toys M10. Since Terry English, the original builder for the screen-used USCM armor, uses WWII steel pots which are plentiful in U.K. as you would expect from the war, it is most accurate to use these. You can see the removable liner in this auction:

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-DID-WWII-US-29th-INFANTRY-DIVISION-M1-HELMET-Toys-/330387253399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

You would have to modify normal M1 steel pots into Colonial Marine M10 helmets though. How you achieve that is entirely up to you. You could sculpt yourself. You could scavenge parts off of EVA kits, Hot Toys, or some other make. You'd have to figure your way as to how; I won't have time to show you how. Judging by your work in the past -- you shouldn't have any trouble so long as you know what we are talking about in terms of accuracy. Now you know.

Best of luck~!

As for the Hudson helmet cover, check Harry Harris' web site. He owns the original Hudson armor. Google on his name to find his site. BTW -- I wouldn't worry too much about getting the camo. match -- they won't match unless we studied the original cover then snip off pieces of cloth then sew it. We could do that but would you pay 50~100 USD for that kind of pain staking match work ?? I doubt so. But if money were no object then anything is possible.

BTW BTW -- what the hell is the use to get that kind of detail right -- when there are no accurate Hudson headsculpts to be had unless you go have one commissioned. Before you guys start telling me Lonnie's Hudson -- meh, IMHO it's no where even close to being. Lonnie's Apone is great. I own that. Also, don't bother to tell me about the chin whiskered HS released with the inaccurate brown colored permanent roll-up sleeve loose figure release from Hong Kong either. Like I said -- there are no accurate HS of Hudson, Ripley, Drake for that matter. HT Vasquez is decent. But I would question the accuracy of HT's SEAL Michael Biehn, but the resemblance is passing I guess.

The best shot for a good accurate HS short of a private commission given to say Serang of Korea or similar highly skilled sculptor was with a guy who sculpted 1:1 dead on silicone heads of Hicks & Hudson by a guy named Wiley Steve in the U.K. but the guy disappeared or is no longer interested.

The HT Helmet's webbing in the helmet can be removed.
Will post pictures this weekend of the helmet in loose parts.
Pulled one apart yesterday, without any trouble.( thanks again LT Dan:hi5:)
View attachment 27231 View attachment 27230

View attachment 27232 View attachment 27233
While doing the take the piece apart thing, i lost the connection point on the chin strap,:panic: did not see that untill today.
Hope its still on our floor.:dunno

Was planing on doing a helmet with cover yesterday, but came to the conclusion that i first want to do a little check while watching the movie again.
Wanna check which cover i got, matches the patterns that Hudson got the most.:exactly:
Clear pictures of the original Hudson helmet, are more then welcome.
Was planing on doing a helmet with cover yesterday, but first i wanna do a little check while watching the movie again.

Last edited:
Thanks for all you info, i can see clearly now.
About the original Hudson armor that Harry Haris has,....
I thought that was not the original Helmet cover, am i right?.

I believe Harry owns one of several Hudson made for Screen-Used Hudson Armor and BDUs. But you are right -- he does not have the one with the on screen helmet cover. I dunno who owns that one off hand.

For a good picture of the one you speak of -- search Willie Goldman's Alienscollection web site:
https://alienscollection.com/hudson.jpg

Here is a replica my friend made using my 1:1 BDUs, Body Armor, and helmet cover:

Lab5.JPG

Lab4.JPG

Besides the eight ball graphic, there are some graffiti up front that was a calendar I believe of Hudson's time remaining in the USCM.

Here is Wiley Steve's 1:1 Hudson sculpt:

Afirmative41.jpg

Here is Wiley Steve's 1:6 HS WIP. Some people didn't think it was great. My belief is that the painting did not do the sculpt justice. There are Michael Biehn DNA all over this Hicks when you look closely
which the expression is perhaps better than anything anyone has made yet on Hick. If I could have gotten this sculpt from Steve I would have rework the hair to replace with real hair, then sent it out to boot25 for paint-up. It would have been a jaw dropper I believe.

This is what I'm saying about the lack of accurate HS for the Aliens series in 1/6.
DSCN0807.jpg

Last edited:
Yo Steve!:wave
Thanks for all your trouble MAA, realy appriciate that:hi5:
Cool that yout helping me out, hope the picures i have send you are of any use for your armor thread.

That 1/1, has Paxton written on it, but its still a little bumby.
About 1/6 Hudson heads, i think that the H2O has good paxton likeness.
View attachment 27281

What do read here, do you do hair implants yourself?
Can i see some work you did on that?

About this Hicks sculpt, could be a cool Michael Biehn sculpt, with some extra work on it (never saw this, so thanks for posting)

PS,....Hope you liked the motion tracker and shoulder lamp picture, (was as clear as i could get at the moment).

DSCN0807.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that I got all your photos btw. That HS is Lonnie's work and IMO it looks more like US Senator Bob Dole or Humphrey Bogart but not Bill Paxton. That's just my 2 cents. As for hair transplant my method is the same as customizers found on OSW and such. Search on "real hair".

Humphrey Bogart, & Bob Dole, lol
I think that the hair and together with his face expression makes this one look like those guys to you.
Trust me, the H2O HS has Paxton looks.

I love that Sculpt that Chris had available,... do you think there is any chance for me to get one of those?

Do you maybe got final pictures of that 1/1 Hudson?, would love to see how that turned out.

A MAA helmet cover is now on Hudsons helmet.
Thanks guys for the info on this.

So here is private Bob Dole,:lol
View attachment 27369

Still enough to do on this figure, think i will add the Hudson graffiti on the helmet today.
Arms can use some paint to match the head, as long as i aint got no new sleeves.

For anyone who missed the pics I posted in Wor-Gar's "How to build your HT Colonial Marines correctly" thread, here's an example of MAA's BDU set on my WIP Hicks, taken in natural light, with my SA USCM BDU shirt (also made by MAA) in the background for comparison.

P1010131-1.jpg

P1010129.jpg

that looks great.....I just discovered this thread and I was like "man I better PM MAA to see if I can still get a pair of these BDU's". Then I looked at the date.

that looks great.....I just discovered this thread and I was like "man I better PM MAA to see if I can still get a pair of these BDU's". Then I looked at the date.

Hey Exoticlex!, :wavethat Sucks man.,
The new ones are truely the best BDU's one can buy for there USCMarines.
Just got another two sets of pants of the earlyer made stuff, becouse i wanted to make use of the extra shirt i would end up with.
Now i could see from up close how much more accurate the new ones are.

Hope you can find a way to get a some sets.

Also saw a guy for about 2 weeks ago who was selling one new complete set in the BYMC thread.
I would like another new extra set myself, for the marine who will wear the aluminum Armor, also made possible by MAA.
Did you see that thread jet? please put yourself down for one if you like it.
Here is a link:hi5:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80351
Also take a look at this
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80350
And dont forget to keep an eye out for more ALIENS stuff by this guy, cous MAA is planing somome other realy cool 1/6 scale stuff.

Back