Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fit is perfectly fine. Are you concerned about how the back pockets fall on the body's butt? I'm looking at my World Box body, wearing the Grimes black jeans, and I see absolutely no issue with them. I'm not sure what you're seeing that I'm not.

really?

maybe I'm just put off because I'm use to all plastic figures and collectibles.

The ZC looks good, as in it gives the appearance of quality, but it pales in comparison to any body by WorldBox. My latest ZC has super stiff AND creaky joints. The ZC's legs are also not the best as they are limited in their articulation (they're practically stuck in a "power pose"). The painted skin tone on the ZC's upper body rubs off rather easily as well.

Again, you get what you pay for.

In my opinion, the best quality (currently available) body for Logan is an authentic Hot Toys TTM19, or a WorldBox equivalent. Also, if you're looking for more articulation in the arms (for the Limo Driver look), you could also look into a Hot Toys Banner body or something similar. You could also swap out the arms on a TTM19 to get the same basic result.

In regards to the Ganghood 1.0 Muscular body: it looks okay but it is the wrong body type for Logan (far too beefy; more Bane or latter day Stallone than Jackman).

Yeah, that's what I have and looking into a other body. The MC Stealth suit is already pretty loose so getting a smaller body would probably make it worse.

Lol!! Same here. I own a ton of 511s.
They're really a solid pair of jeans! The fact that the pocket is a little lower actually makes sitting on a wallet more comfortable haha.

Threw Ol' Logan in with the X-Men shelf. Goodness that Last Stand Wolverine is a pain to pose. I love it, but never can seem to make it look good.

At this point, with a clawed hand to put on his right, I'll call it done. Need to order those. Not 100% screen accurate, but I have the parts to make it that way should I choose; I wanted more of an amalgamation of the film post hotel.

a16e16ade6fe37d4ce7c88929b78393c.jpg
eb17df1b976f620f086a5744106cd8c6.jpg

Just decided to add Barney Ross's Cigar with a little smoke to it to liven up the pose!
737fc72ffb1628e724e5b86abcffa1e5.jpg

Hi Guys
Im new to this forum ( even though i came back regularly hoping to see that Hot Toys will announce a Logan figure )
I have a favour to ask you : i am planning on ordering the Eleven headsculpt and the GangHood 1/6 Scale Muscular Body 1.0 Version + preorder the black suit made for this specific body . Do do think it will be a right choice ? This is actually my first Kit bash figure and i need some advice . Please help :)

Hi Guys
Im new to this forum ( even though i came back regularly hoping to see that Hot Toys will announce a Logan figure )
I have a favour to ask you : i am planning on ordering the Eleven headsculpt and the GangHood 1/6 Scale Muscular Body 1.0 Version + preorder the black suit made for this specific body . Do do think it will be a right choice ? This is actually my first Kit bash figure and i need some advice . Please help :)

I'm kit bashing for the first time too... im going with the eleven head, ganghood body and mc casual clothes, but the preorder suit seems a fine option too...
There are a few body options, but the ganghood seems a good enough choice, at least if you'll display him fully clothed...

If soosoo delivers I'll buy their complete figure afterwards...

Still hoping they'll surprise us at SDCC with a Logan figure. I know the chance is slim but you never know. :pray:

Hi Guys

that is the route i've done... to me that looks spot on setup from all the pics that have been posted so far.

like NoDreams and zxTaskmasterxz, this is my first kitbash as well. I have the Eleven head sculpt and the the AT012 WorldBox Durable body which is taller and broader and ripped. This may work for the forest scene, but I think its bulkier then limo Logan. I also have the grimes black pants that apparently fit correctly ( I was concerned that the back pockets were lower then they should be but I was letting my OCD Analness get the best of me.)

I also have the Hot Toys Leon Kennedy shoes on the way as well as bloody effect claws.

I'm currently trying to find the worldbox equivalent of the Han Solo Hot Toys body which I believe is TTM19, but all the various model number from all the different manufacturers can be confusing.

Someone did recommend OSK which I'm assuming is onesixthkit, but they dont seem to carry a lot of the bodies suggests; just a bunch of customs. Which body would work or other sites that are more extensive ?

@zxTASKMASTERxz @NoDreams: That's a perfect set up if you want the driver look, minus the pants being inaccurate. In the clothes, it works. But if you want to convert it to any other scene, note that the Ganghood won't look the part. It's for characters like Bane, not Logan. Look at the Keyboard Warriors review for an example of it in a tank top with the Eleven head. You'll see what I mean. I still don't think the MC set fits the ganghood right because of the chest. It's not Hugh's physique.

@xashern AT012 is probably too broad. Traverse the thread from about the halfway point, I think you'll find a lot of the questions you're looking for fleshed out from various points in time and perspectives. It's a good body but it doesn't match him at any point in the film, or at least that largely seems to be our consensus here. Han Solo does not use a TT19 - from my understanding that is a body unique to Ep IV Han.

I recommend one sixth kit. They carry every body we've talked about except the Worldboxes right now; the Ganghood, your usual knockoff TT18 body, the the ZC 3.0, which is your knock off TT19, they're all there, among s few others. But as Mr. E said earlier, your mileage may vary on the quality of construction. Listen to me now, believe me later - OSK is your safest route for this stuff. If they have it, go through them, which for bodies they do. If you're buying eleven sculpts, OSK deals in the real product. Just about now we should be getting recasts of those all over eBay.

You'll have to dig to get one of the Worldbox bodies that is similar to a TT19, and it'll cost you a bit more, but it is worth it. To your benefit, PopToys suits fit the ZC 3.0 pretty well. The shirt is snug but you'll have it open going for the driver look. Take a gander at the recent PopToys Western suit preorders that went up. Those are the best suits you can buy. I built my Bruce Wayne on a PopToys suits and the ZC body.

HP0080-DD597-2.jpg

While I feel like I may be beating a dead horse, I came across a website that is selling that for 60 bucks. Its a Truetype TTM18, tt has all articulation and looks like it would be a retail box version. Would that be more in line with Logans build and if you have this body in some way, any drawbacks ?

View attachment 347750

While I feel like I may be beating a dead horse, I came across a website that is selling that for 60 bucks. Its a Truetype TTM18, tt has all articulation and looks like it would be a retail box version. Would that be more in line with Logans build and if you have this body in some way, any drawbacks ?

With that body, you'll have a different neck. Whereas the tt19 is a solid piece from the neck to chest. I prefer the look of the tt19

Look, none of us are trying to misguide you here. Respectfully you seem intent on doing what you want with this kitbash, which is fine, it's a learning experience. We have all recommend reputable retailers, discussed the varying body type pros and cons ad nauseum throughout the thread with definitions of KO vs real. That's not real. It's the same type of knockoff, but they will make $45 extra dollars off of you, they just advertise it as a HT body to get you to buy it over the other ~$15 products. Hot Toys hasn't produced bodies stand alone for years, the price is too good to be true (your key phrase for 1/6). You're welcome to ignore the suggested, safe sites we all have recommended, but you're going to turn up some poor quality parts that way.

I appreciate the patience DioramaMaker, with the release Logan; your hobby has a new people interested. Some more then others will take the easy route and order fully prepped kits while others want a real feel for the hobby. That being said, not all the information you know can be easily found. I went back and read your posts about the TTM19 lacking in some aspect, I also came across a body I like which i believe is ZY Toy body but cant confirm.

s-l1600.jpg

If it is, there are 2 different versions, one being taller then the other, would it matter much in regards to the clothing or what?

I appreciate the patience DioramaMaker, with the release Logan; your hobby has a new people interested. Some more then others will take the easy route and order fully prepped kits while others want a real feel for the hobby. That being said, not all the information you know can be easily found. I went back and read your posts about the TTM19 lacking in some aspect, I also came across a body I like which i believe is ZY Toy body but cant confirm.

View attachment 347761

If it is, there are 2 different versions, one being taller then the other, would it matter much in regards to the clothing or what?

At this point, all of this is really up to you mate.

I think we've all been pretty forthcoming about the bodies and all of your available options. All the info in this thread is pretty up to date. You've also been given tons of advice.

You have the choice between waiting for more clothing/kit options. Or you can move forward with all the advice you've been given. You seem to want a perfect bash. Totally understandable but again, that's subjective. And if that's the case, I'd say just give it some time and don't rush. In the coming months there will be a lot more options out there for you.

Back