Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might look for a different body. Or the MCToys Stealth is a little too big..

SFj4jCH.jpg

ehYah4h.jpg

XWswiwT.jpg

"Oh yeah Charles, we've got ourselves an X-Men fan...you do know they're all ******** right?"

It's all about the futz with the MC set. No black shirt because I'm undecided on the jacket or post farm look, and I don't want to stain the body. If I would wash out the black shirt, think that would prevent it staining?
fef2256a872d5f68709a74b1da984c68.jpg
83e88759c624e57d87bced295be35533.jpg

Here's my MC Toys on a ganghood body. Is the body too big for the clothes? Looks a little stocky. Thoughts? I have a smaller body that is similar to the World Box one that I could switch to.

Is there a body similar to the World box Wolverine body but still scaled normal, I think the worldbox body is too tall which is making the grime pants fit awkward.

Is there a body similar to the World box Wolverine body but still scaled normal, I think the worldbox body is too tall which is making the grime pants fit awkward.

If you're going for one of the fully clothed looks, definitely stay away from at012 wide shoulder world box. The torso is just too big and it's on the taller side. Stick with any of the standard body's such as the ganghood or the true type 19 (or the comparable world box).

The world box wide shoulder is more ideal for shirtless or tank top versions.

If you're going for one of the fully clothed looks, definitely stay away from at012 wide shoulder world box. The torso is just too big and it's on the taller side. Stick with any of the standard body's such as the ganghood or the true type 19 (or the comparable world box).

The world box wide shoulder is more ideal for shirtless or tank top versions.

Thanks a bunch Bruce, I understand Mr.E's comment now, about becoming picking when building a 1/6. Given the information, is there brand that would still match the overall color of the Eleven sculpt ?

I ask, cause I see the ZY toys BOO5 which is i guess is there TTM19 and 1/6 Narrow Shoulder Male Body Figure for hot toys TTM18 TTM19 TTM21 ( no brand )

either that or I may just roll with the gangland body and suit onesixthkit.com is gonna put out. What would you recommend or suggest since this is my first build and want to get a good sense for the hobby.

Thanks a bunch Bruce, I understand Mr.E's comment now, about becoming picking when building a 1/6. Given the information, is there brand that would still match the overall color of the Eleven sculpt ?

I ask, cause I see the ZY toys BOO5 which is i guess is there TTM19 and 1/6 Narrow Shoulder Male Body Figure for hot toys TTM18 TTM19 TTM21 ( no brand )

either that or I may just roll with the gangland body and suit onesixthkit.com is gonna put out. What would you recommend or suggest since this is my first build and want to get a good sense for the hobby.

When you say color, i assume you mean the skin tone? If so, the world box bodies match pretty well. My TT19 from the MMS220 The Wolverine figure is also a pretty good match. Regarding the Ganghood, I'm not sure because I've yet to get one myself. I have a Hot Toys Bane which is pretty much the figure base used for the gang hood body but I'm pretty sure it's painted slightly different.

As you can probably tell by now, there is no clean cut answer as far as an end all be all especially when it comes to bashing figures. Everyone's tastes are different. And as you can see a lot of board members do quite a bit of modding to the clothes, body, etc. Not to mention the futzing to get the fit looking just right and natural on the figure.

I can tell you want to get the look right and that's totally understandable. But because everybody's tastes are different, just look to the movie and actual screenshots from it as well for inspiration. Maybe try to stay away from promotional images as those can be potentially manipulated. That way it'll be based on your sensibilities as far as what's accurate and ultimately you'll be happy with it as well.

But if you're not in a rush like me, just be patient and look the board for guidance. A lot of the work being done here is awesome. But no where near finished as most of us are still working on our bashes. There are a few releases coming later this year from SooSooToys and Worldbox which have complete looks for the figures as well. But because the worldbox body's torso is a little on the bigger side, I'm leaning toward the SooSooToys. The clothes for his limo driver look are pretty accurate and the fit is good. However, I'm not too sure if the Eleven or even Burning Soul heads are in scale with it, which is why I'm reluctant to preorder. I'm waiting to see more in hand pics to get a better idea.

The MC set isn't excessively too big. If you mod the shirt sleeves the way I did, and use the futz, it'll look good, because it lets you tuck the blue shirt deeper in the sleeves of the jacket, making it fit the torso tighter. That's not an issue if you're going with the shirt/tank look anyways - both bases covered then. Watch the "comic book" scene where he first debuts the outfit - it's not a shapely thing. I'm definitely pleased with with where mine is at. If you check seams and shoulder, as you would with a shirt you would wear, it's pretty close on the TT19-like WB. Now, the sleeves are a bit long on the jacket, but that is something far harder to fix, and I'll probably just hide that with pose. The WB Broad is too big for a Logan Hugh, though. That's the bigger issue I think.

Thanks for the post Bruce.

The Eleven Sculpt was the first piece I bought followed by the body and the Redman Grimes pants. Since the Woldbox wolverine body is apparently taller, the pants don't sit right. So I'll be looking for a new body.

Lastly I just came across a ZC Toy Emulated 1/6 Scale Muscular Nude Figure for Hot Toy TTM19 fit Wolverine Head, has anyone had this body before and could give an opinion. A youtube compared it to I believe the hot toys origins body, but I trust this forum a little more.

Thanks for the post Bruce.

The Eleven Sculpt was the first piece I bought followed by the body and the Redman Grimes pants. Since the Woldbox wolverine body is apparently taller, the pants don't sit right. So I'll be looking for a new body.

Lastly I just came across a ZC Toy Emulated 1/6 Scale Muscular Nude Figure for Hot Toy TTM19 fit Wolverine Head, has anyone had this body before and could give an opinion. A youtube compared it to I believe the hot toys origins body, but I trust this forum a little more.
ZC is on the right, World Box TT19-like is on the left (WB is a better choice IMO, and what I'm using). I posted a few pages back talking to The Batman about it, check that out for a bit of rambling on it. Dive back deeper and Mr. E and I spoke a bit about World Box's similar bodies. If you're looking at emulating a TT19, the ZC with​ do, but you're getting some drawbacks with it such as inconsistent coloring and a weirdly thin waist. You get what you pay for, more or less. Buy it from OSK though, free shipping, good price, and he's a reputable retailer. You don't know the quality of what you found on eBay.

What I can tell you is that PopToys suits fit the ZC (used for my Bruce Wayne), and that's a tremendous suit to use. OSK also has a black one up for preorder right now.
69935fa6c2b89ed705139851bfffd23b.jpg

The ZC looks good, as in it gives the appearance of quality, but it pales in comparison to any body by WorldBox. My latest ZC has super stiff AND creaky joints. The ZC's legs are also not the best as they are limited in their articulation (they're practically stuck in a "power pose"). The painted skin tone on the ZC's upper body rubs off rather easily as well.

Again, you get what you pay for.

In my opinion, the best quality (currently available) body for Logan is an authentic Hot Toys TTM19, or a WorldBox equivalent. Also, if you're looking for more articulation in the arms (for the Limo Driver look), you could also look into a Hot Toys Banner body or something similar. You could also swap out the arms on a TTM19 to get the same basic result.

In regards to the Ganghood 1.0 Muscular body: it looks okay but it is the wrong body type for Logan (far too beefy; more Bane or latter day Stallone than Jackman).

"In the real world, people die, and no self-promoting ******* in a ****ing leotard can stop this."

20170614_183217.jpg
Logan.jpg

Back