Little Big Planet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who really cares what the game is ultimately about. I mean the most fun i have with games tend to be the ones with no point. I love katamari - talk about no point - but it's so much fun.

I've played the Beta on this and i have to tell you there is nothing else like it right now. There are some levels that other players have already created that are amazing - a “Grand Theft Auto”-themed level, a “PS3 or Xbox 360” level and one that’s an homage to “Shadow of the Colossus.”

Seriously quite being jaded adult gamers that only like to shoot people and check out a game that is truely artistic and just fun to play. Remember that? Games that are fun to play? You might like it.

Who really cares what the game is ultimately about. I mean the most fun i have with games tend to be the ones with no point. I love katamari - talk about no point - but it's so much fun.

I've played the Beta on this and i have to tell you there is nothing else like it right now. There are some levels that other players have already created that are amazing - a “Grand Theft Auto”-themed level, a “PS3 or Xbox 360” level and one that’s an homage to “Shadow of the Colossus.”

Seriously quite being jaded adult gamers that only like to shoot people and check out a game that is truely artistic and just fun to play. Remember that? Games that are fun to play? You might like it.

Damn dude I am asking a question. So let me break it down for you in what I thought was already ENGLISH. What is the point of this game? What is it about? You are talking to someone that has no clue. All I know is the name. Seriously quit being a ****** and quit assuming you know at least from my point of view why I am asking the question. :rolleyes:

So again what kinds of things can you do in this game? :dunno

Damn dude I am asking a question. So let me break it down for you in what I thought was already ENGLISH. What is the point of this game? What is it about? You are talking to someone that has no clue. All I know is the name. Seriously quit being a ****** and quit assuming you know at least from my point of view why I am asking the question. :rolleyes:

So again what kinds of things can you do in this game? :dunno

This was in response to a few different post on here that were complaining that they didn't know what the point of the game was (which was why i didn't quote you specifically - so lets not talk about assuming shall we?.)

Wasn't trying to be a ****** but thanks for emphatically stating that i am a ******. I'm just saying that it's a fun game but to be honest i don't know what the game is about either but after playing it i don't really care -it's just fun. :peace

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but I have fun playing shooter games:huh

Katamari did have a point though--you were supposed to make a ball as large as you could. This seems to have nothing but making levels that you go through---what's the point of making the levels yourself? It might be kind of fun to make sandcastles, but I think people would rather have a sandcastle than the sand.

I just see this game failing horribly. It might get high ratings but no one will know why to buy it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DXpUuNp4xQM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DXpUuNp4xQM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know about you, but I have fun playing shooter games:huh

Katamari did have a point though--you were supposed to make a ball as large as you could. This seems to have nothing but making levels that you go through---what's the point of making the levels yourself? It might be kind of fun to make sandcastles, but I think people would rather have a sandcastle than the sand.

I just see this game failing horribly. It might get high ratings but no one will know why to buy it.

THe level making option is just one part of the game. From the reviews that i've read there is a game in there that has already been made for people who don't want to make their own levels. I understand that with Katamari you had to make stars but ultimately it's a pointless game - god gets drunk and breaks all the stars that's just weird.

I don't think this game is going to flop though that seems a bit over dramatic, people who tend to play this game have too much fun for that to happen i think but you never know.......

BadMoon - this is a bit from a review of the game it will probably tell you about the game better than i would.......

“LittleBigPlanet" is a new platformer game for the PlayStation 3. In it, you’ll journey around a planet — a little big planet — that looks an awful lot like ours, but in some surreal parallel universe where cars are made of cardboard and meerkats can be used as trampolines. In it, you’ll run, jump and collect goodies in levels that are easily identifiable as a real-life place, but in a Salvador-Dali-meets-Tim-Burton way. Somehow, it works.

Beyond the stellar art direction, “LittleBigPlanet,” which hits shelves Oct. 21, is unique and utterly charming. There’s a great co-op mode, so casual players can play alongside those for whom the PlayStation controller fits like a comfy old shoe. And hardcore gamers needn’t be put off by the “cute factor” of “LittleBigPlanet.” The game serves up some seriously challenging gameplay and offers almost endless replayability — particularly when you factor in user-created levels.

Did I mention that it’s gorgeous, too?

Oh my, it’s a sight to behold. British developer Media Molecule has created dazzling visuals that are richly detailed and so realistic that they seem like they’re going to jump off the screen. The levels are stunning and the objects look as though they’ve been handcrafted by a master toymaker. And the controls are simple: run left to right, jump, grab, try not to impale yourself on a spike.

In the game, you play Sackboy (or Sackgirl, if that’s your bag). You start out by customizing your Sack — new mouth, new eyes, a lovely frock or two. You get more options the more you progress in the game. At the moment, my Sackgirl is sporting a wedding dress, a Roman helmet and a zebra tail.

Sounds zany? You’re darn tootin’. This game is off-the-wall wacky, but in a British way, not a Japanese-game-show way. Your missions include training to be a ninja with Grandmaster Sensei and dragging a meerkat from a meerkat “gentleman’s club.” (It all makes sense eventually.)

“LittleBigPlanet” is simple enough for anyone to grasp, but it’s hardly easy. Some levels are tough to the point of controller-flinging. But each level has multiple checkpoints, and you get several tries for each checkpoint. If you get too frustrated, “LittleBigPlanet” has quick little mini levels that let you race the clock to accomplish some specific goal. All of these wins add up, boosting your level scores and giving you new goodies to play with.

The game relies heavily on physics, which means things behave the way you’d expect them to. Fire logs roll realistically down hills, the rope swing you use to transport you over a pit of toxic soup swings and sways with momentum you create. And things feel like they have weight, as if you could reach out and touch them.

BadMoon - this is a bit from a review of the game it will probably tell you about the game better than i would.......

“LittleBigPlanet" is a new platformer game for the PlayStation 3. In it, you’ll journey around a planet — a little big planet — that looks an awful lot like ours, but in some surreal parallel universe where cars are made of cardboard and meerkats can be used as trampolines. In it, you’ll run, jump and collect goodies in levels that are easily identifiable as a real-life place, but in a Salvador-Dali-meets-Tim-Burton way. Somehow, it works.

Beyond the stellar art direction, “LittleBigPlanet,” which hits shelves Oct. 21, is unique and utterly charming. There’s a great co-op mode, so casual players can play alongside those for whom the PlayStation controller fits like a comfy old shoe. And hardcore gamers needn’t be put off by the “cute factor” of “LittleBigPlanet.” The game serves up some seriously challenging gameplay and offers almost endless replayability — particularly when you factor in user-created levels.

Did I mention that it’s gorgeous, too?

Oh my, it’s a sight to behold. British developer Media Molecule has created dazzling visuals that are richly detailed and so realistic that they seem like they’re going to jump off the screen. The levels are stunning and the objects look as though they’ve been handcrafted by a master toymaker. And the controls are simple: run left to right, jump, grab, try not to impale yourself on a spike.

In the game, you play Sackboy (or Sackgirl, if that’s your bag). You start out by customizing your Sack — new mouth, new eyes, a lovely frock or two. You get more options the more you progress in the game. At the moment, my Sackgirl is sporting a wedding dress, a Roman helmet and a zebra tail.

Sounds zany? You’re darn tootin’. This game is off-the-wall wacky, but in a British way, not a Japanese-game-show way. Your missions include training to be a ninja with Grandmaster Sensei and dragging a meerkat from a meerkat “gentleman’s club.” (It all makes sense eventually.)

“LittleBigPlanet” is simple enough for anyone to grasp, but it’s hardly easy. Some levels are tough to the point of controller-flinging. But each level has multiple checkpoints, and you get several tries for each checkpoint. If you get too frustrated, “LittleBigPlanet” has quick little mini levels that let you race the clock to accomplish some specific goal. All of these wins add up, boosting your level scores and giving you new goodies to play with.

The game relies heavily on physics, which means things behave the way you’d expect them to. Fire logs roll realistically down hills, the rope swing you use to transport you over a pit of toxic soup swings and sways with momentum you create. And things feel like they have weight, as if you could reach out and touch them.

Sounds cool to me. I may have to check it out if the funds allow me to that is.

looks pretty neat, to bad the computers stop games from selling early, cause I would of bought one today after work. So far we only have in 8 copies of the game and no preorders.

The game has been officially delayed because a song in the game has phrases from the Qu'ran.

LOL

Oh yeah, and the game has gone gold and is already in stores so its actually a total recall and they will repress the game. Wow, that will cost a pretty penny.

The game has been officially delayed because a song in the game has phrases from the Qu'ran.

LOL

Oh yeah, and the game has gone gold and is already in stores so its actually a total recall and they will repress the game. Wow, that will cost a pretty penny.

What a crock of ^^^^. :lecture Not your post but the fact that they would change the game to suit religious fanatics.

Well the new date is October 27th.

Media Molecule had a patch to fix the "problem" but Sony forced a recall.

Back