Little Big Planet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wofford29

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So is anyone else with a PS3 looking forward to this one? I finally got a beta code and I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype.

So is anyone else with a PS3 looking forward to this one? I finally got a beta code and I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype.

any way to still get one?

i'm going to buy it for my mom but i'll play it too when i visit.

I downloaded the Beta code yesterday and started playing. I gotta say, even right away (during the dual tutorial/credit sequence) it's obvious that this is a unique and original game with a lot of character, heart and humor. Can't wait to play it some more.

any way to still get one?

i'm going to buy it for my mom but i'll play it too when i visit.

Keep your eyes peeled on the different gaming sites. I got mine off of gametrailers.com. A lot of them are being given out at random from commenting in sections, or sending pms and stuff like that.

I downloaded the Beta code yesterday and started playing. I gotta say, even right away (during the dual tutorial/credit sequence) it's obvious that this is a unique and original game with a lot of character, heart and humor. Can't wait to play it some more.

Good to hear. I love games that tap into your creativity.

was hoping to get a code from gametrailers but that was a no go. Game does look like it will be fun to play, so I might end up picking it up later on down the line.

My friend got his code from GT, and I'm just gonna try it on his console.

I really hope the game is as good as all the marketing and game journos have hyped it up to be. You can feel how desperate Sony wants Sackboy to be a profitable mascot for the PS3.

I've *never* got excited for any Sony exclusive ever. That's not to say there haven't been any good exclusive games, it's just that I've never got excited pre-launch.

That said, LBP sounds very promising, and I'm pretty pumped for it.

This game looks very, very cool. Definitely nothing like it out and I can't wait to play it. Not worried about getting a code. I know that I am gonna purchase this when it comes out.

But if someone does happen upon a few codes, I'd take one!!!!

My friend got his code from GT, and I'm just gonna try it on his console.

I really hope the game is as good as all the marketing and game journos have hyped it up to be. You can feel how desperate Sony wants Sackboy to be a profitable mascot for the PS3.

It will. Trust me I've already spent hours with the beta and they have a gem on their hands. Potential to be one of the best selling titles and console movers this holiday season. Sackboy has charm, wit, and just a lovable sense about him, he can be that mascot that sony is so itching for.

Nintendo has Mario. Micosoft has Master Chief. I think it's time Kratos and Snake take a break and let Sackboy become the real mascot for Sony.

I got to try the LBP beta today at a buddy's house, and my gosh, it's been a long, long, loooooong time since a game has totally changed my preconceived opinion about it so fast. I've been a gamer since I was a little tike (sadly I'm a bit jaded now), but LBP brings me back to those days. There's this tremendous sense of exploration and just tinkering with stuff just to see if it'll work. It's a joy to play. I haven't laughed more while playing a game with friends since...I dunno, the first Mario Party came out on the N64, and LBP is so much more than that game.

Little Big Planet is the best game I've played this year, and it's been a big year for games (and will still be - a big gaming season is upon us now). There's nothing else like it out there.

I know it's just a beta, and the tools and options are still limited, but honestly, I love this game so ^^^^ing much. I'm really sad I didn't get a beta code for myself.

Does anyone have an LBP beta code to spare?

Last edited:
My only problem with this game is we are playing $59.99 for a game that WE have to make.

That's cool at a $29.99 price tag, but $59.99 I simply can't do that.

My only problem with this game is we are playing $59.99 for a game that WE have to make.

That's cool at a $29.99 price tag, but $59.99 I simply can't do that.

You don't have to make anything. The game comes with a ton of already created content from the developer. You can also download any level that another user has created and shared. I however am buying it mainly for the creating purposes, I've had a lot of fun building and creating my own worlds.

I liked the trailer and other gameplay videos I've seen, I'll be checking this one out. If you like LBP you'll also like LocoRoco and Pixlejunk Monsters, those are cool too.

I must admit that this game has cute characters and a unique look, but is this an legitimate game or more of a level/game builder that has a small single player campaign?

I must admit that this game has cute characters and a unique look, but is this an legitimate game or more of a level/game builder that has a small single player campaign?

Its mostly a level editor but the "campaign" is about 5 hours long and is more of an in-depth tutorial.

Back