Light-up 1:6 "mall directory" zombie prop by WGP (updated)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Retro:
MalldirectoryconceptRETRO.jpg

Modern:
MalldirectoryconceptMODERNcopy.jpg

Doing something different so we are asking for feedback and also gauging interest from you guys. We've wanted to make larger 1:6 shelf props for awhile, and have decided to start with this: a light-up 1:6 mall directory (just a mock-up, obviously).

The idea being you can add bullet holes, blood spatter and bloody hand-prints all over you it if you want, and pose your heroes (Ash, Supernatural, Kolchak, Resident Evil, etc) backed up against it fighting off a zombie horde... or whatever. :)

People had advised me props will sell better if we made it to fit on an IKEA deltof shelf, which makes sense, so it might be shrunk a bit down depending on those height measurements. The thought is to have it be less than $150 (hopefully $100 or less) with a switch to turn the interior light on and off.
Maybe we can have the light flicker like it is dying?

It will be either resin or metal and about 2" thick (not including bottom base)

Would there be any interest in something like this out there?
-Rick :)

Last edited:
Re: Light-up 1:6 "mall directory" zombie prop by WGP

I'd love this if there was 1/6th sculpts of Flyboy, Peter, Roger and Francine out there. I don't know if I like the idea of it being DOTD based without having any DOTD figures to go with it.

Great idea though and I love the idea of props for horror figures. I look forward to seeing progress on this.

I'd love this if there was 1/6th sculpts of Flyboy, Peter, Roger and Francine out there. I don't know if I like the idea of it being DOTD based without having any DOTD figures to go with it.

Great idea though and I love the idea of props for horror figures. I look forward to seeing progress on this.

It would be easy enough to have a modern mall graphic as well that wasn't DOTD related.

If it wasn't DOTD I don't see it making much sense though. Just me. :dunno I'm sure there will be some interested either way.

I appreciate your thoughts.
I think at this point zombies and malls go together whether people are really thinking back to DOTD specifically or not. It's just in public consciousness now as a fun mix. (I always kinda wanted to have my two "Supernatural" bros fighting zombies in a mall, ala DOTD, for example)

Regardless, I did make a modern version so people can go homage or modern "Dead rising".- laugh)

I appreciate your thoughts.
I think at this point zombies and malls go together whether people are really thinking back to DOTD specifically or not. It's just in public consciousness now as a fun mix. (I always kinda wanted to have my two "Supernatural" bros fighting zombies in a mall, ala DOTD, for example)

Regardless, I did make a modern version so people can go homage or modern "Dead rising".- laugh)

Now if someone made a Frank West figure this mall directory would be ____ing sweet with it! That's a really good idea actually man. :hi5: There would be so many weapons you could pose him with, not to mention the camera. I was also playing Left 4 Dead 2 thinking they would be sweet figures to own. Probably would be a pretty costly venture though seeing as you'd have to have the set of four. Also the special infected would be awesome as well.

Infected ANYTHING is always fun! (laugh). I confess I am a slacker and don't own a 360 or any new gen system. :horror :slap I really want to play Left4Dead!

Maybe by Christmas!

If the price could even come down to $100, I think a lot more people would be interested. When Sideshow is having a hard time getting people to by $140 wall/animal environments, its makes a $150 thing like this less appealing. Its a fun idea and I'd love to have one, but for the price it goes from being a cool, fun item I'd pick up, to something for a serious die-hard fan only.

If the price could even come down to $100, I think a lot more people would be interested. When Sideshow is having a hard time getting people to by $140 wall/animal environments, its makes a $150 thing like this less appealing. Its a fun idea and I'd love to have one, but for the price it goes from being a cool, fun item I'd pick up, to something for a serious die-hard fan only.

Valid point, and I honestly have no idea what its gonna cost to make and it can very well be less than that. I will rephrase what I said above. :)
Thank you!

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: The Krishna zombie would make this a must buy.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: The Krishna zombie would make this a must buy.

So are you guys telling me you'd want some DOTD heads at some point too? Do I need to start an interest list to see if we can get to 16 interested for any of them? (We're talking after an Christmas timeline for them if there was enough interest.)

Back