Life size dinosaurs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Galileo's JP3 Raptor Bust, he posted this on his facebook recently
253494_177071509016742_100001416812787_451770_8270660_n.jpg

Hey Guys! well I dont know why you haven't post this already... but in case you didn't got the news... Galileo posted photos of the Raptor bust 1:1 painted!!!!

rbust1.jpg

rbust2.jpg

rbust3.jpg

rbust4.jpg

rbust5.jpg

rbust6.jpg

These pics were posted by Galileo at:
https://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118816&goto=newpost

and also he posted a video about it on YouTube:

[ame="https://youtu.be/yqfQ2AiQgc0"]https://youtu.be/yqfQ2AiQgc0[/ame]

THIS IS AWESOME!!! :clap

Thanks for posting those here Dinokiwi. I saw them today on Facebook and new I absolutely had to have this. In fact, i'd love to have two, one male, one female. ;)

Great minds think alike..lol I've already asked him about it.. ;D We're working on price..I'm a bit afraid to ship them though..not much faith in our postal service at the moment..less in Mexico's.. :/ I might order his Acro built and painted first...see how it does and all. I'd also have to find a good way to mount them. :?

Great minds think alike..lol I've already asked him about it.. ;D We're working on price..I'm a bit afraid to ship them though..not much faith in our postal service at the moment..less in Mexico's.. :/ I might order his Acro built and painted first...see how it does and all. I'd also have to find a good way to mount them. :?

Shipping is something I worry about the most. lol

As far as mounting, I was going to ask Galileo, if he could add a bit more to each one, down to the top of the shoulders. That way, they could both stand on their own, and I could get him to recreate the pose the female makes in the film, where she's looking behind herself. I'm thinking he should be able to do that. I would get the female in that pose, with her mouth shut, but have the males mouth opened wider, in a ferocious screech pose. :lol

As far as mounting, I was going to ask Galileo, if he could add a bit more to each one, down to the top of the shoulders. That way, they could both stand on their own, and I could get him to recreate the pose the female makes in the film, where she's looking behind herself. I'm thinking he should be able to do that. I would get the female in that pose, with her mouth shut, but have the males mouth opened wider, in a ferocious screech pose. :lol

Def, I hate the idea of opening a box and finding it shattered..is he casting these in resin ? I wouldn't mind if he used fiberglass instead really.

He mentioned he could make me a steel support stand for mine..I'd like to have them peering out of faux palms and ferns..put them right near each other. I like the idea of changing the mouth position on the male..I considered asking him about that myself but wasn't sure if it would raise the cost too much...but I think I will anyway just to see.

Galileo said he could do this :

JP3rap3.jpg

Galileo said he could do this :

JP3rap3.jpg

That's good to know. I actually want both busts to go to about the top of the shoulders, so that they can be placed on a flat surface. I'm thinking that if the added part is solid, it should be able to support the head, without tipping over. The pose I want for the female will only work if a little more is added. I've got a perfect place between two of my curios, to place the male. Add some shrubbery to hide the rest of his none existent body. :lol

Thanks for posting those here Dinokiwi. I saw them today on Facebook and new I absolutely had to have this. In fact, i'd love to have two, one male, one female. ;)

Yeah! no prob Jeremy! :wink1:
and yeah that male raptor bust looks really cool! UNLEASHED! :clap

I think they both look great mounted at the wall! :yess:

I just need to have money:slap lol... and to me the shipping is no problem! xD I can go with Galileo and pick it up in person! lol :rotfl

That's good to know. I actually want both busts to go to about the top of the shoulders, so that they can be placed on a flat surface. I'm thinking that if the added part is solid, it should be able to support the head, without tipping over. The pose I want for the female will only work if a little more is added. I've got a perfect place between two of my curios, to place the male. Add some shrubbery to hide the rest of his none existent body. :lol

I would ask Galileo what he thought..I'm not sure if the lower part was solid it would prevent it tipping over. Now if it was solid and had some kind of wide heavy wood mount it might work. I like the idea of a steel stand for each..one slightly higher than the other..maybe weighed down with rock or cinder block..that's not falling over ever if someone accidentally brushes by them. Then I can twine fake vines up the poles and place some large fake ferns and palms around them..it will look uber cool ! :yess:

I just bought this badboy off Ebay. Since it's my first Shane Foulkes piece, what should I expect? I mean, does it compare with anything David Krentz? Casting, detail...........etc?

Finally, this bad boy just came in! And what a fine sculpt it is. Pose, detail, proportions & balance, all perfect. How does Shane manage to sculpt such fine teeth & cranial spines, let alone casting them close to perfection? It's a miracle I tells ya! Yes, this work does match-up to the great, (and sorely missed 1/18 scale), David Krentz. :clap:clap:clap

Oops!!! :slap I am referring to Shane Foulkes new release of Allosaurus 1/15 scale resin model kit.

Congratulations Divo. I knew you'd be pleased with Shane's work, especially being that the kit you bought was his Allosaurus. I've had the chance to get up close and personal with one that Steve Riojas built up, so I can understand your excitement. ;)

Wanna post some pics ? Even of just the kit would be fine...we've been starved of Dino-related news here..lol

I'm still waiting on mine to get started from Shane and Steve..I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the month.

Hi Blade!

This is embarrassing to admit, but I presently do not have the means or know how to post pics. Don't have a digital camera, cellphone is outdated.

I will promise to upgrade & educate myself to allow me to share my collection, as all of you great people have done. I feel like I'm letting you down, especially having you & others be so helpful. But the bright side for me is knowing that Paleo fans are the best & brightest out there.:clap

As for this great sculpt of an Allosaurus? You will be amazed, & it will be well worth the wait. Get ready!

Now if only Sideshow would release Stego news, it may be a hopeful sign that this fantastic Dinosauria line will not go extinct!:gah::slap:impatient::dunno:thud:

Congratulations Divo. I knew you'd be pleased with Shane's work, especially being that the kit you bought was his Allosaurus. I've had the chance to get up close and personal with one that Steve Riojas built up, so I can understand your excitement. ;)

Thanks Jeremy! You were right-on in regards to Shane's amazing work, & I thank you for all your help.:wave

Thanks Jeremy! You were right-on in regards to Shane's amazing work, & I thank you for all your help.:wave

Back