Let The Right One In

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's something that was on Digital Bits tonight. Apparently the DVD/BR that's out now contains totally different English subtitles than what was shown theatrically.
https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Here's a site that compares some scenes.
https://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/03/let_the_wrong_subtitles_in_to.html

So the company that released the film is putting out another DVD/BR with the original English subtitles. Currently, no exchange program is in place for those who already bought the first release. :(

Yeah, I just watched it and the subtitles are pretty lame. I recommend watching the dub, which is actually pretty well done.

And I did like the movie, I had no real expectations, since I've heard everything from "greatest thing ever" to "whats all the fuss?".

Last edited:
Here's something that was on Digital Bits tonight. Apparently the DVD/BR that's out now contains totally different English subtitles than what was shown theatrically.
https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Here's a site that compares some scenes.
https://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/03/let_the_wrong_subtitles_in_to.html

So the company that released the film is putting out another DVD/BR with the original English subtitles. Currently, no exchange program is in place for those who already bought the first release. :(

That sucks, but it's good to hear because I thought I was going crazy. I only saw the film once in theaters a long time ago so I obviously wasn't to aware that anything was off. However the scene where they are tapping on the wall and he spells out "sweet" was a scene that stuck with me after leaving theaters and when it gets there on Bluray and it spells out "ohhhhh" I was like what the hell. I guess that should have been a red flag for me.

what's funny about this movie is that it came out at the same time as Twatlight and was lost because of it.:rolleyes: A far superior vampire movie if there ever was one.

"Twatlight", I love that.:lol I got suckered into watching Twilight and thought the movie sucked. Everything from the complete disregard of traditional vampire canon to the vampire 90210-wannabes with bad '80's hair and makeup, I could find ZERO redemption with it. Let the Right One In might not have been "epic" but it was way better than Twilight was.

Just watched this flick, and also Twilight. I didn't mind Twilight, it was a chic novel so I'm not going to knock it. I still like Interview with a Vampire better then both.

Graphic Novel is just a pretentious term for Comic...

Actually it isn't. A comic book is a single issue released within a month. A comic book storyline is how ever many issues are in that one line (average is about 6) released over 6 months. A Graphic Novel is all of those issues compiled into one reading format, so it'd be one book containing how ever many issues are in that line. A novel itself is more than one chapter so think of the different issues of the comic line as various chapters.

So for example when people refer to Watchmen the GN, they are referring to the entire 12 issue storyline, when people refer to a particular issue its correct to say comic.

what's funny about this movie is that it came out at the same time as Twatlight and was lost because of it.:rolleyes: A far superior vampire movie if there ever was one.

So when Dusty said there are many fans of Twilight down at Sideshow Collectibles....you would not be one of them....:lol

This movie rules. My gf speaks fluent Swedish, and said the English translation was terrible though. In any case, awesome film. Loved the ending too.

This movie rules. My gf speaks fluent Swedish, and said the English translation was terrible though. In any case, awesome film. Loved the ending too.
I took this over to my Sister in law's over the weekend, her and her boyfriend pretty much hate and make fun of everything. Well, they loved this and said it was one of the better Vampire movies they'd ever seen. :cool:

So for example when people refer to Watchmen the GN, they are referring to the entire 12 issue storyline, when people refer to a particular issue its correct to say comic.

Wrong!!! That's actually called a Trade PaperBack, Watchmen IS a comic, always has, and always will... :cool:

I'm thinking about buying this one...
but I'll wait for the correct sub-titles version...:D

Finally got around to seeing this and thought it was great! Not the "Best Vampire Movie Ever" but good, nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to reading the novel! Anyone know if there is a difference in translations between "Let Me In" and "Let the Right One In"?

Wrong!!! That's actually called a Trade PaperBack, Watchmen IS a comic, always has, and always will... :cool:

I'm thinking about buying this one...
but I'll wait for the correct sub-titles version...:D

*sigh. You do realize that Graphic Novels do come in hardcovers usually first right?

A trade paperback (TPB), In the medium of comic books, trade paperbacks are used to reprint several issues of a comic series in one volume, usually an important storyline or the entire series itself, and the name "trade paperback" has become synonimous with a collection of reprinted material. Graphic novels are also sometimes found in trade paperback form. Publishers sometimes release popular collections first in a hardback form, followed by a trade paperback months later. Books that have done this include Marvel Comics' Secret War and DC Comics' Crisis on Infinite Earths amongst many others.

In almost every circle the "trade paperback" and the "Graphic Novel" are interchangable terms to mean the same thing or at least people think they are but in fact you have to remember that the Trade Paperback is the "paperback version" of a collaborative piece.

So. This:

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10260718

Watchmen in hardcover by default is NOT a Trade Paperback but it IS a graphic novel.

This:
https://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Alan-Moore/dp/0930289234

The tradepaper back is also......wait for it..........wait for it..........wait........hold on....................wait....................a Graphic Novel!

*sigh. You do realize that Graphic Novels do come in hardcovers usually first right?

This is what goes on in my head when I read your posts...

"TheMike...wow, look at that girl in his sig...anyway, graphic novels...man, she is smokin'...hardcovers...the things I would do to her...comics blah, blah, blah...why did he take the angels out of his sig?"

You are killing my ability to follow the conversation.

Just watched the video on demand download from Amazon and it has the dumbed down subtitles too. The movie didn't really grab me until the end, and I'd say the lacking subtitles may have contributed to that.

In almost every circle the "trade paperback" and the "Graphic Novel" are interchangable terms to mean the same thing or at least people think they are but in fact you have to remember that the Trade Paperback is the "paperback version" of a collaborative piece.

So. This:

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10260718

Watchmen in hardcover by default is NOT a Trade Paperback but it IS a graphic novel.

This:
https://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Alan-Moore/dp/0930289234

The tradepaper back is also......wait for it..........wait for it..........wait........hold on....................wait....................a Graphic Novel!

Wikipedia, Amazon and Wal-Mart...
the best source of knowledge!!
:lol:lol:lol
don't forget Copy-Paste!

Call them "Visual Bestsellers", "Action-Image Encyclopedia" if you want, they're still comics... :D
:peace

Anyway... back to the movie...
Yep, it ROCKS!! :rock

Just watched the video on demand download from Amazon and it has the dumbed down subtitles too. The movie didn't really grab me until the end, and I'd say the lacking subtitles may have contributed to that.
You should try watching the DVD or Blu-Ray, I thought the subtitles were quite good.

HAH! Just saw this thread...I actually posted this flick over in the rate the last thing you watched thread....really cool movie!!!!! Nowhere near what we were expecting. Give this a shot!

Back