LEGOLAS 12in best sculpt yet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
The exclusive cloak seemed predictable. The arrow stabbing hand is interesting. I wonder if he will be priced the same as Aragorn. If so, I hope there is another $5 off coupon. :google

There isn't many $5 off coupon ard anymore, is there?? Non-festive season... there isn't any huh?? Perhaps we should suggest that during SS birthday, they should have some discounts for us.

I have to agree with the entropy chicken. Legolas looks awesome with the Lothlorien cloak, but it already changes the consistency of the figures, but I am a huge LOTR continuity nerd... I was already a little bummed that Aragorn doesn't have the Gondorian Vambraces that he takes from Boromir, so I may have to buy a couple of each to do some minor customizing.

I even went to the trouble to buy two regular willows and two vampire willows, and swapped heads, so this sort of silliness is not beyond me!

I was already a little bummed that Aragorn doesn't have the Gondorian Vambraces that he takes from Boromir, so I may have to buy a couple of each to do some minor customizing.

You could also consider this to be a Strider figure from before they reached Rivendell. He wouldnt have the cloak then or the vambraces of Boromir or the necklace from Arwen..

Yeah, but then Legolas is designed in this post-Rivendell limbo state, where he has the Lórien cloak, but not the Lórien bow and quiver.

I agree, we need to grill Sideshow on the story continuity of these figures. And any possible accessory packs they might offer in the future -- because it would be highly unfair to make us buy a whole another fig just to get a few accessories we missed initially.

In Aragorn's case, I can see that they might do a few more figures later on, as the character goes through many changes. But Legolas basically just misses his bow & quiver gifts, and the armor he put on at Helm's Deep; that really doesn't justify a double-dip. Had they included all of these in the exclusive version, this would indeed have been the definitive Legolas version.

Seretur said:
In Aragorn's case, I can see that they might do a few more figures later on, as the character goes through many changes. But Legolas basically just misses his bow & quiver gifts, and the armor he put on at Helm's Deep; that really doesn't justify a double-dip. Had they included all of these in the exclusive version, this would indeed have been the definitive Legolas version.

Very well said.

I would be ALL ABOUT 1/6 LotR weapons/accessory packs. :joy

And although I'm not collecting (yet), they'd be a huge hit with SW as well.

I don't think we need to "grill Sideshow on continuity." The cloak is an extra, a fun and well made extra. If the continuity bothers you, then don't use it. I'm pleased to be getting it, and I don't much care from what section of the movies the figure comes from. If he were a Helm's Deep Legolas, I'd still pose him with Aragorn, and they'd look fantastic together. And they will, too!:cool:

Oh, and I'd love accessory packs, but won't be holding my breath.

Customikey said:
I don't think we need to "grill Sideshow on continuity." The cloak is an extra, a fun and well made extra. If the continuity bothers you, then don't use it. I'm pleased to be getting it, and I don't much care from what section of the movies the figure comes from. If he were a Helm's Deep Legolas, I'd still pose him with Aragorn, and they'd look fantastic together. And they will, too!:cool:

Oh, and I'd love accessory packs, but won't be holding my breath.
I know what you're saying, but I think Seretur still has a point (albeit a minor one). Imagine if the 1/6 scale Frodo (when it is released) comes as a nine-fingered Frodo, but has the One Ring as an exclusive accessory. That would be terribly inconsistent, since nine-fingered Frodo could not possibly possess the Ring. Granted, that might be an extreme example, but the principle is still the same.

I just want the members of the fellowship to be consistent unto themselves, AND consistent with the other members.

Customikey said:

I love the cloak too, just wondering what the thought process was with the cloak quiver, bow thing. Sure the cloak isn't as extreme as this example, but if Tatooine Luke came with a battle damaged robot hand as the exclusive I'm sure most would wonder about SS's thinking.

Back