Lego The Simpsons playsets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veil1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wall Street Journal is saying LEGO is actively negotiating with Fox for the Simpsons license.

The Wall Street Journal also quotes LEGO Spokesman Jan Christiansen as confirming the negotiations, but with the vague caveat, “We are continuously looking into new collaboration possibilities.”

The link is sub required, but here you go:

Lego Eyes Tie-Up With 'The Simpsons' - WSJ

Took this directly from a post at Action figure insider (thanks Wildcard!)

Oooh, lots of character and building options with the Simpsons.

Homer and his car with Burns, Smithers, Lenny Carl and the Nuclear Plant

Bart, Lisa, Raplh and Principal Skinner at the school

Marge, Maggie & Apu at the Kwik-E-Mart

WOW.

Who would have thought the day of . . .

LEGO Simpsons?

What's next?

LEGO Family Guy or God forbid KREE-O Family Guy?

How about LEGO James Bond 007?

How about LEGO GI JOE instead of those hideous KREE-O GI JOE?

I really hope this happens. There's a ton of potential with LEGO Simpsons. I love the show and I'd certainly love to build a LEGO Springfield if I had the space.

Hope this happens, but doubt it does. Lego claims to be a family brand and the Simpsons seem a little more adult than their usual themes. They couldn't be worse than those Blockos at least :lol

Hope this happens, but doubt it does. Lego claims to be a family brand and the Simpsons seem a little more adult than their usual themes. They couldn't be worse than those Blockos at least :lol

I was thinking the same thing. Also, 10 years ago I could see it, but the Simpsons have become pretty irrelevant the last few years.

dunno abut that. They've done Avengers which had people getting stabbed. TDKR which had numerous adult themes, they do the architecture line,star wars which has had limbs getting cut off and lots of murder.

Simpsons is much more kid-friendly than those imo

I don't think it is as much about adult content as it is a case of the Simpsons being of more an adult interest. Kids love marvel and DC superheroes and Star Wars and have a stable toy history to back it up. I don't think kids were buying the playmates World of Springfield very much. That was a way more collector based line. What kid really 'loves' Simpsons nowadays?

There were some LEGO MiniMates like Simpsons figures made with mini enviroments, they never sold i probably still have some knocking around the shop some where.

This will probably be pretty cool. Can't wait to construct my own miniature Springfield.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the sets are. I assume the Simpsons House/couch will be one of them. I just don't know if the focus will be the interiors (like WoS playsets) or exteriors (like Tapped Out).

This will be one of the few(maybe first) Lego line NOT targeted to kids!

I hope they wide release this "test" and not make it a bunch of rare exclusives that fetch $$$ on eBay.

I'll be curious to see how/if they tackle Moe's. Playmates really struggled to get that one made in WoS and it ended up being an exclusive.

Likely January according to the "Winter 2014" date. Which means some will creep out before Christmas. That's actually REALLY quick for a previously unannounced product line!

Back