Legends of Wrestlemania.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone Cold vs Jake Roberts

This happened at KOTR 96.

The Nasty Boys vs the Dudley Boys

F-Yeah! Now you're talking.

I can't believe how many wrestling fans we have here! :horror I haven't watched in years, but I was practically raised on the stuff. Watched every week, all the PPV's, went to all the local indy shows from birth to about 20, this thread is making wanna check it out again.

Could you imagine:

John Cena vs Magnum TA

Ivan and Nikita Koloff vs The Powers of Pain

Sid Vicious vs Batista

Dan Spivey vs Bradshaw(JBL)

Bill Goldberg vs Nikita Koloff
:rotfl
Lordy, I can imagine all of these, and they are all awful!! But these cross-promotional "dream" matchups reminds me of the days when me and my wrestling fan friend would create our "fantasy" Survivor Series matchups, and have something like Vader, Undertaker, Andre, and Great Muta against the Hart Foundation, Hogan, and the Ye-Tay

Regarding the Stone Cold/Jake match, that was actually the origin of the "Austin 3:16" phrase, and is awesome. Regarding Spivey and Bradshaw, it actually could have happened during the brief lives of "Waylon Mercy" and "Justin 'Hawk' Bradshaw"

As for Sgt. Kabukiman's post, a couple years ago I got into Ring of Honor, and if you like wrestling for. . .the wrestling, you might check them out. "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson is freaking amazing.

a couple years ago I got into Ring of Honor, and if you like wrestling for. . .the wrestling, you might check them out. "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson is freaking amazing.

Thanks for the link, that's what wrestling should be. WWE and TNA (though I haven't seen much TNA) are just too storyline oriented, which might not be all that bad if they didn't cling to the same tired storylines they've used (literally) hundreds of times before.

I went to read up more on RoH and Bryan Danielson and found he was born the same day and year(!) as me. I think I'll check this organization out; the videos on youtube are phenomenal.

Very cool to see this thread... I barely caught it right before clicking on the Aliens and Robots section, which I rarely ever stray from, but I am a HUGE wrestling fan.

Whether it's lucha libre, WWE, the independent circuit, or Japanese wrestling it doesn't matter, I'll watch anything. My father raised me on wrestling, my first memory of it was when I was three, and watching Sting vs. Flyin Brian Pillman on a Saturday morning with my brother and dad.

Can't wait for this game, for the record - I love the new SVR 09 game, after the downloadable content came out on PS3 I was ecstatic to play as Evan Bourne. -

My current favorite wrestler in the WWE is CM Punk... of all time, it's this guy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AVn0qpOoEKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AVn0qpOoEKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've got a pretty good Ultimo Dragon collection: 6 Japanese figures (one is autographed), 7 smaller ones, his first CMLL figure, a nice big book of high quality photos he sold when working for UWA Hardcore in Canada (autographed), the Jakks WWE Japan Ex. figure mint, and another framed autograph.

Last edited:
Stone Cold vs Jake Roberts

This happened at KOTR 96.

The Nasty Boys vs the Dudley Boys

F-Yeah! Now you're talking.

I can't believe how many wrestling fans we have here! :horror I haven't watched in years, but I was practically raised on the stuff. Watched every week, all the PPV's, went to all the local indy shows from birth to about 20, this thread is making wanna check it out again.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. That match kinda gave Stone Cold some cred in the WWF, no more Stunning. I always remember Jake at his prime in the 80's but he kept going. I think he still wrestles today.

karamazov80, maybe I'm old fashion but I would love to see all of those matches. Magnum vs Cena, granted Cena has a limited array of moves, but Allen was someone who could go technical as he did against Mr. Wrestling II or brawl as he did against Tully Blanchard.
I admit not all of my choices are Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage quality, but they would be entertaining.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game. I grew up loving wrestling, unfortunately my love for it died once the WWF became the WWE.

I'll freak out if I can have a Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs match. There's a few dream matches that I think the WWF really missed out on over the years too like Hogan vs. Austin, so now I'll finally get a chance to right that horrible wrong :lol

The first wrestling organization I saw was the AWA when Nick Bockwinkle was champ. I remember when my older brother took me to the Cow Palace in San Francisco where I saw Hulk Hogan, Ken Patera, Jesse Ventura, Adrian Adonis, Andre the Giant, Baron Von Raschke, Jerry Blackwell, Greg Gagne and a host of other legends. After witnessing that I was hooked ever since.

I stopped watching wrestling around 2005 because it got so stupid and the charisma just wasn't there. But I'm actually looking forward to this game because it has the old school wrestlers that I remember and admired.

Oh yeah, im an Edge Head. :D

How is that Edge set? I have the Shawn Michaels one and it's really good. Didnt know his real name was Michael Shawn Hickenbottom. :lol

it's good. I was a bit disapointed by it because it isn't his story it's just his matches and him sitting on a chair talking about them. It has great matches on it though. I have the HBK dvd also,it's really good. I've been and Edge head since he came to WWE. Edge is my favorite and HBK is my all-time fav. And lets not forget Orton rocks too :rock

Actually THQ did include Randy Savage in the game until McMahon heard about this and pulled his name out immediately. Savage is blacklisted from the company to the point where you can't even mention his name. This is why you'll never see him at the WWE Hall of Fame ever. Everyone thinks Vince is vindictive but that's not the case at all because he's forgiven lots of wrestlers including Sable who sued him and Hulk Hogan for testifying against him at his trial. He's also allowed Ultimate Warrior to be in the video game even though the Warrior cant stand him and Bret Hart who punched him in the face is in the game to. So you have to think whatever happened between Savage and McMahon must be really really bad. I'm starting to think maybe he did take Stephanie's cherry away. But if you ask me I think it's something even worse from what I hear.

what did you hear?

it's good. I was a bit disapointed by it because it isn't his story it's just his matches and him sitting on a chair talking about them. It has great matches on it though. I have the HBK dvd also,it's really good. I've been and Edge head since he came to WWE. Edge is my favorite and HBK is my all-time fav. And lets not forget Orton rocks too :rock

Yeah, Orton's pretty good. Nice to see him win the Rumble. I also like Chris Jericho(anytime he has a match with HBK it's epic), CM Punk, and John Morrison. That sucks about the Edge DVD. I may still get it though. Probably get the Best Buy Ultimate Fan Edition.

Yeah, Orton's pretty good. Nice to see him win the Rumble. I also like Chris Jericho(anytime he has a match with HBK it's epic), CM Punk, and John Morrison. That sucks about the Edge DVD. I may still get it though. Probably get the Best Buy Ultimate Fan Edition.

that's the editon I got of HBK's dvd. When I got the Edge one I just got it for $20 at Walmart. Yeah,Jericho is great and makes a great bad guy. CM Punk is pretty rockin' too.

Here is the 360 achievement list.

Chain Struggle 30
Win a match using a Chain Struggle

Tag Chain Struggle 30
Win a match using a Tag Chain Struggle

Grapplemania 30
Win a match using only grapple attacks

Technician 30
Win by using five or more reversals in a single match

Royal Rumble Winner 90
Win a 30-Man Royal Rumble

Dive Attack 30
Successfully perform a dive attack from all four corners

First Medal 30
Obtain a medal in WrestleMania Tour Mode

Medal Collector 100
Obtain all of the medals in WrestleMania Tour Mode

WrestleMania Tour 90
Clear all "Relive" matches in WrestleMania Tour Mode

Memory Serves Me Well 30
Complete any match without pausing in the "Relive" section of WrestleMania Tour Mode

New Legend 30
Defeat 10 opponents with a Created Legend in a single tier in Legend Killer Mode

Legend Killer 30
Obtain a medal in Legend Killer Mode

True Legend Killer 100
Obtain all of the medals in Legend Killer Mode

Invincible Created Legend 30
Max out a Created Legend's attributes

Super Fast Legend Killer 90
Become a Legend Killer in Legend Killer Mode in 30 minutes or less

You're #1 100
Have your Created Legend reach the Top rank in Hall of Fame Mode

Created a Legend 20
Make a Created Legend

Secret Achievements

Secret Achievement 20
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

Secret Achievement 90
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

WWE just confirmed some of the wrestlers.

Hulk Hogan
Bam Bam Biggalow
Shawn Michaels
Big John Studd
Dusty Rhodes
Bobby the Brain Henan
The Iron Shiek
Brutus the Barber Beefcake
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
The Junkyard Dog
SGT Slaughter
Andre the Giant.

More of the roster will be released tomorrow

man, i cannot wait for this game. all those classics in one game, and with how good the most recent SvR was, i can only hope this will be just as good, if not better.

and i have to agree with all of your choices but john morrison. right now my favorite wrestlers in the wwe are Chris Jericho, HBK, CM Punk, and Jeff and Matt Hardy. they almost always deliver when a match involves one of them.

and any match involving Y2J and either Punk or HBK is amazing, they have so much talent.

I just wish TNA would get back to its A game like it use to be before they started adding talent like Kurt Angle. They used to have the most amazing matches on there and now it hardly entertains me anymore.

New Wrestlers announced on IGN:
Stone Cold
the Rock
Jimmy Hart
The Legion of Doom!
Roddy Piper
Greg "the Hammer" Valentine (really?)
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Davey Boy Smith (the British Bulldog)
"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase

They say another set of wrestlers will be announced on Friday.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/h5XH4b0F2zw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/h5XH4b0F2zw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Back