Legends of Wrestlemania.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant find much about the roster other than this which is not the full roster.

1 Hulk Hogan
02 André the Giant
03 Steve Austin
04 The Rock
05 The Ultimate Warrior
06 Roddy Piper
07 Bret Hart
08 Shawn Michaels
09 Jimmy Hart Manager
10 Bobby Heenan Manager
10 Howard Finkel Ring announcer Non-playable
11 Jerry Lawler Color commentator Non-playable
12 Jim Ross Play-by-play commentator Non-playable

That's a good start, but we also need:

Jesse Ventura
Ricky Steamboat
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Jimmy Snuka
Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf
Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff
Sgt. Slaughter
Hillbilly Jim
Junk Yard Dog
Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine
'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

If they can get half of these guys in there, I'll buy it for sure.

Here is what was shown at the rumble.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SiP0mqqovqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SiP0mqqovqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
That looks awesome!! :rock

Game looks pretty good, I read a report a while back that both Randy Savage and Mick Foley were removed at Vince McMahon's request.

Yeah I heard he left and went to TNA. It surprised me that he let the Ultimate Warrior be in the game.

i hope there will be updates available in the ps store for this just like theyve done for
svr09- bein able to download missing characters in the future is a must! glad the warriors involved though!

The IRON SHIEK or else he'll break your back and make you humble.

Actually THQ did include Randy Savage in the game until McMahon heard about this and pulled his name out immediately. Savage is blacklisted from the company to the point where you can't even mention his name. This is why you'll never see him at the WWE Hall of Fame ever. Everyone thinks Vince is vindictive but that's not the case at all because he's forgiven lots of wrestlers including Sable who sued him and Hulk Hogan for testifying against him at his trial. He's also allowed Ultimate Warrior to be in the video game even though the Warrior cant stand him and Bret Hart who punched him in the face is in the game to. So you have to think whatever happened between Savage and McMahon must be really really bad. I'm starting to think maybe he did take Stephanie's cherry away. But if you ask me I think it's something even worse from what I hear.

Actually THQ did include Randy Savage in the game until McMahon heard about this and pulled his name out immediately. Savage is blacklisted from the company to the point where you can't even mention his name. This is why you'll never see him at the WWE Hall of Fame ever. Everyone thinks Vince is vindictive but that's not the case at all because he's forgiven lots of wrestlers including Sable who sued him and Hulk Hogan for testifying against him at his trial. He's also allowed Ultimate Warrior to be in the video game even though the Warrior cant stand him and Bret Hart who punched him in the face is in the game to. So you have to think whatever happened between Savage and McMahon must be really really bad. I'm starting to think maybe he did take Stephanie's cherry away. But if you ask me I think it's something even worse from what I hear.

I heard All Macho did was give Steph a Slim Jim ;)

I think if THAT rumor about Savage were true he'd either be in jail or Vince would have had him bumped off.

It's a huge shame because Savage was one of the major names of the early Wrestlemanias and deserves to be involved in all the Legends related pprojects far more than some of the others but like Owen Hart ( though his absence is for entirely different reasons ) it's one of those things that people will just have to accept and make do with CAW's.

Warrior is in though so I'm happy. I just hope the gameplay is somewhat different to the SD Vs RAW series which I find a bit tedious.

I think if THAT rumor about Savage were true he'd either be in jail or Vince would have had him bumped off.

It's a huge shame because Savage was one of the major names of the early Wrestlemanias and deserves to be involved in all the Legends related pprojects far more than some of the others but like Owen Hart ( though his absence is for entirely different reasons ) it's one of those things that people will just have to accept and make do with CAW's.

Warrior is in though so I'm happy. I just hope the gameplay is somewhat different to the SD Vs RAW series which I find a bit tedious.

From what I have heard it is differant from SVR.

It is a real shame about Savage, BUT. . .he probably brought it on himself. Like someone else posted, McMahon usually can see past history when there is a buck to be made, so something really major must have happened. Too bad we can't "re-enact" Savage vs. Steamboat, though. One weird thing, though, is that they have shown a fair amount of Savage stuff on WWE 24/7. . .even an old "Macho Man" tape, which is pretty great despite the 4 or 5 matches against Tito Santana on it.

The legends have been my favorite part of the SvsR games for years now, so it is cool to see a focus on it. Would be better if it didn't just focus on Wrestlemania, because that suggests that wrestlers who were primarily NWA/WCW won't be there. I would love to see:

the British Bulldogs
Million Dollar Man
Rick Rude
Mr. Perfect
Demolition
Legion of Doom
both members of the Hart Foundation
Killer Bees (GOT to have a B. Brian Blair vs. Sheik match!)
Mr. T
Jake "the Snake" Roberts
Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat
Owen Hart (probably won't ever happen, though)
Diesel
Razor Ramon
old school HBK
Yokozuna

from WCW:
Vader
Sting (non "Crow" version)
Flair (80s version, with suit and sunglasses variation outfit)
Arn Anderson
Ole Anderson
Tully Blanchard
J.J. Dillon
Dusty Rhodes
Magnum T.A.
Barry Windham
Terry Funk
Shockmaster
Hollywood Blondes
Harley Race
Dean Malenko
Eddie Guerrero (when he was skinny)
and of course:
Ciclope
Damian 666

The IRON SHIEK or else he'll break your back and make you humble.
For God and Jesus? And Mr. McMahon?

Last edited:
From what I have heard it is differant from SVR.

Consider me even more intrested then!

Karamazov80,
That's a nice choice of characters and I'd especially like to see the various tag teams like Demolition,the British Bulldogs and the Hart Foundation because tag teams were a far bigger deal back then and often had some of the best matches on each show.

Something else I'd like to see is a bigger variety of alternate attires (up to 4 per character) with the option to change movesets or even gimmicks with each attire eg Hulk Hogan could have 3 different versions of his red & yellow and the NWO black & white as his 4th.
King Of Colosseum 2,a Japanese wrestling game for the PS2 that was released in 2004 managed to include this feature with no problem so there's no excuse for not doing it on the current generation of consoles.

Last edited:
Something else I'd like to see is a bigger variety of alternate attires (up to 4 per character) with the option to change movesets or even gimmicks with each attire eg Hulk Hogan could have 3 different versions of his red & yellow and the NWO black & white as his 4th as he wore that in his WM match with The Rock.
That would be great, but to start, what about just more than 1 or 2 possible outfits! Unless they changed this on the most recent SvsR (the only one I haven't played), this was the single most inexcusable feature in those games, in my opinion. How tough it is to give a guy the different iconic outfits that he wore?

I cant find much about the roster other than this which is not the full roster.

1 Hulk Hogan
02 André the Giant
03 Steve Austin
04 The Rock
05 The Ultimate Warrior
06 Roddy Piper
07 Bret Hart
08 Shawn Michaels
09 Jimmy Hart Manager
10 Bobby Heenan Manager
10 Howard Finkel Ring announcer Non-playable
11 Jerry Lawler Color commentator Non-playable
12 Jim Ross Play-by-play commentator Non-playable

At least they put the biggest Wrestlemania legend of all-time,I might check this out now.

You are supposed to be able to import the Smackdown Vs Raw 09 roster into this also.

Morbach didnt know you was an HBK fan also.

You are supposed to be able to import the Smackdown Vs Raw 09 roster into this also.

Morbach didnt know you was an HBK fan also.

hell yeah,bro. HBK is the man,he is the greatest who ever lived IMO. I just hope this JBL storyline ends already. I love your headline! :lol Your headline was Rated R Superstar so do I take that you're an Edge fan? Edge is awesome! I got his new 3 disc dvd.

The legends have been my favorite part of the SvsR games for years now, so it is cool to see a focus on it. Would be better if it didn't just focus on Wrestlemania, because that suggests that wrestlers who were primarily NWA/WCW won't be there.

I am with you. First off, this game looks great, but the NWA/WCW and even AWA would take this game from good to great. All the dream matches we always wanted to see but never did because cross promotional stuff stopped in the 80's.

Could you imagine:

Sting vs Shawn Michaels

Sting vs The Undertaker

The Road Warriors vs The British Bulldogs

Kerry Von Erich vs HHH

John Cena vs Magnum TA

Demolition vs The Steiner Brothers

Black Jack Haynes vs Batista

Tony Atlas vs The Rock

Stone Cold vs Jake Roberts

Ivan and Nikita Koloff vs The Powers of Pain

Ricky Steamboat vs Shawn Michaels

Ricky Steamboat vs Chris Jericho

Sid Vicious vs Batista

Dan Spivey vs Bradshaw(JBL)

Rick Rude vs Edge

Bill Goldberg vs Nikita Koloff

The Nasty Boys vs the Dudley Boys

The Dudley Boys vs The Road Warriors

The list could go on and on, the ultimate wrestling video game under the Wrestlemania banner.

Last edited:
hell yeah,bro. HBK is the man,he is the greatest who ever lived IMO. I just hope this JBL storyline ends already. I love your headline! :lol Your headline was Rated R Superstar so do I take that you're an Edge fan? Edge is awesome! I got his new 3 disc dvd.

Oh yeah, im an Edge Head. :D

How is that Edge set? I have the Shawn Michaels one and it's really good. Didnt know his real name was Michael Shawn Hickenbottom. :lol

Back