Legendary Scale Alien bust re-do

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Model Maker Uk

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I might have his in the wrong area of the forum.
Anyway this is going to be a work in progress thread of the work I'm going to do to my Sideshow bust.
What I plan to do is take this apart, strip the paint and re-do the lot.
I've got a video I'll upload later of whats been done so far.

M6WVBZo.png

Nice start, the dome isn't as thick as I suspected, just a pig to get off, I do wish they had been left lose, it would have solved a lot of problems.

Very brave, still watching with interest... Are you going to re-use the tendons or just scratch build something better?

Going to watch these on the big TV tonight. On my phone now don't want to waste the first view. Really excited to see this transition.

Update on this so far.
I'm going around looking for gaps, air bubbles and anywhere else that need a bit of tlc before the paint goes on.
The first picture shows repairs on the nose, the second picture shows repairs to where the clear tendons were fixed to the lower jaw with a overly massive plug and socket system. In the last picture you can see how thick the factory paint job was and how it obscures some of the detail

Watched and saved the first 4. Looks great so far and I am excited to see you continue. This sculpt has so much nice potential, it just needed some love. I almost bought one last night from a seller and it was actually a pretty nice piece, compared to many that I've seen
It still just wasn't really what I wanted it to be. It has so many clumsy spots on it that it just kind of ends up being "almost there" . Tightening up the details with a file and sanding and detailing key places and a nicer paint job I really do think this piece could be killer and as nice as the prototype Sideshow originally showed.

Back