Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I heard my credit card whimper when I read this!

Buddy Holly
Jerry Lee Lewis
Johnny Cash
Elvis
Almost everyone involved in the British Invasion

It could be anyone. I guess it all comes down to licensing. What happened to the NECA John Lennon figure, btw?

Beatles and Stones would be 1:6 must-haves, and each hold out numerous possiblities. Walrus gumbo? Carnaby Street? Sgt Pepper? Younger or older? Brian Jones? Mick Taylor? Ian Stewart? Bill Wyman?

Hendrix, Janis, and Morrison (the very same "club" Kurt Cobain's ma cursed him for having joined, all dead at 27 within a few months of one another) would each be very cool 1:6 figures. McFarlane didn't nail one likeness there, though the second Hendrix always gets a laugh from civilians who see it in my office. McFarlane's 12" Elvis '68 Comeback, on the other hand, is a wow-wow-wowser.

In PF, I'd like to see Robert Johnson, the man who bartered his soul to the devil down at the crossroads.

kingdarkness03 said:
Do you think they will be 1/6 or PF??

Dusty mentioned it will be in one format. There are so many possibilities for figures I would have to say 1/6 is my guess, and don't forget it says Legendary Musicians not just Rock Musicians, so here's to Beethoven, Mozart, they rock. :rock2

Once the 12 inchers sell well enough I would hope we get a PF Hendrix.

Hey nobody mentioned Frank Zappa yet. Woot.

Cool announcement but I cannot get into more lines.

Movies only for me (my real passion).

Batty said:
I think I heard my credit card whimper when I read this!

Buddy Holly
Jerry Lee Lewis
Johnny Cash
Elvis

:elefant :elefant :rock2 :blissy
AND HANK WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing it will actually start out with Kiss. Remember, Gene Simmons of Kiss was seen talking to Sideshow at SDCC last year. It can't just be a coinsidence. I would also like to see:

The Bealtes (Suits, Stg. Pepper, Abbey Road, etc.)
Elivs (white jumpsuit, comeback, jail house rock, etc.)
Alice Cooper (any outfit, plus severed head accessory)
Angus Young (AC/DC)
Eddie (Iron Maiden, could care less about the band though)
Beethoven
Mozart
Bach
John Willaims
Danny Elfman
Jim Morrison
etc.
etc.

This line has unlimited possiblities. Just about any famous musican could fall into this category.

Dusty said only 1 format, hmmm... no-one's really done 1/4 scale PF in this kind of line and Sideshow may be biting at the bit to make their mark so I am guessing it will be PF and that would be a proverbial bummer for me... :banghead

I want 1/6, much more affordable to the masses, they're poseable, amazing gifts, easy to deal with, will sell a lot more, etc. etc.

Please Dusty, tell me they are 1/6th! :cool:

Guess we'll find out soon...

If they did jim morrison my woman would be extremly happy. Damn why does sideshow want ALL my monies!!!

Lil' Kim
Kurt Culbain
LL Cool J
Tommy Lee
Kanye West
Bruce Springsteen
Willy Nelson
The Rolling Stones... wait, that would fall into their living dead line...

1/6 scale would be the best choice for them to do. The 1/4 are too expensive and wouldn't be able to express these musicians as well as the 1/6 could IMO. The 1/6 can move, so you can continually change the figure's pose to represent many iconic moments. Besides, how would you be able to complete bands in 1/4? It would be too much.

gdb said:
Lil' Kim
Kurt Culbain
LL Cool J
Tommy Lee
Kanye West
Bruce Springsteen
Willy Nelson
The Rolling Stones... wait, that would fall into their living dead line...

Haa! That reminds me of the episode of Robot Chicken where the Kurt Cobain zombie shot himself in the head. :D

Aerosmith said:
Haa! That reminds me of the episode of Robot Chicken where the Kurt Cobain zombie shot himself in the head. :D

LOL Some habits are hard to break, I guess.

Just to clarify, I said the first few figures in this new category will only be available in one format (and no, I will NOT specify which :))... but in the future, as with everything around here, anything is possible :duff

Back