Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY DUSTY
Any idea as to when in march will we catch a glimpse of the first
LEGENDARY MUSICIAN?
:banana :banana ;)

She said first few figures, so that likely means a band. I don't see a 1/4 band selling very well, so 1/6 seems most likely :banana

First few sounds like 1/4 PF, which is great, no-one does it better than Sideshow and I doubt there are many 1/4 scale license issues, but Dusty left the door wide open for 1/6 so I am now singing that song!:rock2

I just can't see a 1/4 line selling well besides solo artists like Elivis or Johnny Cash. I also doubt they would release a few figures at once unless they were together like in a band. So unless people are willing to pay $1000+ for an entire band, I think 1/6 would be more likely. It would only be about $200 or so for a complete four person band like the Beatles or Kiss.

I would think the only thing holding a Beatles line back is Yoko. Of course she did the same thing in real life. If Yoko truely wanted peace at the Olympics, why hasen't she made up with Paul and Ringo yet? :rolleyes:

If Sideshow made 1/6th Scale KISS figures id go ape ****! Id order them all. Make-Up & Non-Make Up Era's. Though the Non-Make-up could be in the horror line. :wacky Would kick ass to get more than just the 4 original members. Though it would be a nightmare to get the all the likness rights. I would buy them all.

-Ace Frehley
-Paul Stanley
-Gene Simmons
-Peter Criss
-Eric Carr
-Vinnie Vincent
-Mark St. John
-Bruce Kulick
-Eric Singer

Buttmunch said:
I would think the only thing holding a Beatles line back is Yoko. Of course she did the same thing in real life. If Yoko truely wanted peace at the Olympics, why hasen't she made up with Paul and Ringo yet? :rolleyes:

Probably because they are our last life line to stop a Yoko figure being made. :wacky

Now there aint many bands where a collector might want the whole band. Beatles, Stones, Kiss, and the WHO. I could do with a windmilling Pete Townshend on a hot day.

I think Im one of the few metal heads on here.
Dimebag
Randy Rhoades
Hendrix
Original GnR line-up

David Bowie
J.Cash
Pink Floyd
Phil Lynott

For some reason, when I heard "Legendary Musicians" I thought of individuals, not full bands.

While most everybody has heard of bands like KISS, the individual names of every single member of these bands are not always household names. And to list just the lead singer as a "legend" and not the others would be a disservice to the rest of the group.

Regardless of whether they actually like them or not, the general public are familiar with names like Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, etc. Very few bands in history have the good fortune of having every single member be a household name and have a reputation as an individual "legend." Say "John, Paul, George, and Ringo" and everybody and their grandma knows who you are talking about.

That's a legend--a reputation and name recognition that are truly universal and extend beyond merely the fans of the genre.

Buttmunch said:

Preach it! :sick

You would be suprised how many actually know know KISS by theyr stage name's instead of theyr real names(some isnt even theyr real names anyway).

Ace Frehley - Space Ace
Paul Stanley - The Star Child
Gene Simmons - The Demon
Peter Criss - The Cat Man

They used those names instead of theyr real ones in KISS Meet the Phantom of the Park.

Plus there is

Eric Carr - The Fox
Tommy Thayer - Space Man(He replaced Ace uses same make-up design different name)

Vinnie Vincent had one too. But I don't care to remember it. :wacky

Aerosmith said:
You would be suprised how many actually know know KISS by theyr stage name's instead of theyr real names(some isnt even theyr real names anyway).

Ace Frehley - Space Ace
Paul Stanley - The Star Child
Gene Simmons - The Demon
Peter Criss - The Cat Man

They used those names instead of theyr real ones in KISS Meet the Phantom of the Park.

Plus there is

Eric Carr - The Fox
Tommy Thayer - Space Man(He replaced Ace uses same make-up design different name)

Vinnie Vincent had one too. But I don't care to remember it. :wacky

I know them all. HUGE KISS fan here and have worn the makeup at least 5 times in my life. ;)

Great band and they put on one hell of a concert too. You forgot Bruce Kulick.

The Vinnie days were something else. ;)

I totally agree with tomandshell, the first few figures are most likely individual Legends such as Elvis, Hendrix, Morrison, etc and will be 1/4 PF. 1/6 will follow down the line hopefully. Medicom has had some success with their 1/6 Rock Stars, McFarlane has also had some success with their numerous lines of Music Legends but no doubt Sideshow will blow them all away in quality.

As far as the Beatles, Yoko already sold John's likeness for a 12" figure (NY City t-shirt, jeans jacket solo fig) so it seems she's game. If SS can somehow score all the Beatles rights, it would be huuuge.

alicestraightjacket.jpg

There have been a lot of 1/4th rock artists done, between Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, KISS, and Eddie from Iron Maiden. Not that Sideshow won't kick the ass off of whatever they make, but I would prefer my Alice Cooper wants 1/6th (in straight -jacket!).

pjam said:
As far as the Beatles, Yoko already sold John's likeness for a 12" figure (NY City t-shirt, jeans jacket solo fig) so it seems she's game. If SS can somehow score all the Beatles rights, it would be huuuge.
I've read that the NECA Lennon has been put on hold. It may have something to do with the latest lawsuit between Capitol and Apple Corp. that came down this past December. The reason McFarlane only did animated Beatles figures was because they couldn't get the rights to "real life" Beatles.

I think they should start with the greatest musical legends ever to come from Uranus - GWAR! :rock
They'd be interesting conversation pieces. :D

OMG, I almost started a thread about this earlier in the week... something along the lines of

PLEASE SIDESHOW, MAKE ME A 1/4 NIRVANA TRIO (OR AT LEAST KURT!!!!)

Please, if there is a God, MAKE IT SO!!!!!!

Back