Legacy of Kain...Returns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleh, it's a reboot of Soul Reaver... craptastic Raziel.
Give me a remake of the original Legacy of Kain.

After ten years, ANY Legacy of Kain is good to me!

I'm predominately a Kain fan as his character is much more complex and compelling than Raziel but I wouldn't mind playing as Raziel again.

It looks like if the rumor is true, they'll probably work on this game after their Tomb Raider reboot. The Legacy of Kain series has a rich history and still lots of fans out there! Soul Reaver was ground-breaking for the original Playstation with its story, gameplay, huge open world and no load times.

I wish Amy Hennig would come back for it!

The fact that its been this long before they've announced a new Legacy of Kain game is pretty insane. If they remake the original game, I'd be 100% down for it. Hell, even a remake of Soul Reaver would be welcome.

Legacy of Kain is my second favourite franchise. Best at one point. In fact it probably would of still been my fave if it hadnt disappeared off the face of the earth.

I think Soul reaver, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance need left be. They do not need to be remade. Fantastic settings and gameplay. Especially the OST and voice overs.

Id like a full on balls deep remake of the original Blood omen though. All though in the grand scheme of things id rather an entire new game with Kain as the lead.

After ten years, ANY Legacy of Kain is good to me!

I'm predominately a Kain fan as his character is much more complex and compelling than Raziel but I wouldn't mind playing as Raziel again.

It looks like if the rumor is true, they'll probably work on this game after their Tomb Raider reboot. The Legacy of Kain series has a rich history and still lots of fans out there! Soul Reaver was ground-breaking for the original Playstation with its story, gameplay, huge open world and no load times.

I wish Amy Hennig would come back for it!

This!
Even without Amy Hennig and Tony Jay at this point I'll take any LoK I can get. It's my favorite game series ever.

In fact since they announced it I've been tripping.
I downloaded BO on PSN and I'm at Nupraptor's Retreat.

I'm also working on a project with the soundtracks, ripping all the dialogue and integrating it into the music, in order.....

Quite the task but I'm pumped.

You will have the blood you hunger for! :yess::yess:

PS: I just realized this post is a bit obvious considering my avatar... but I'm actually more of a Kain fan than Raziel, love them both though.

I'm happy the series is getting some renewed life, but saddened that its not a continuation of LOK Defiance.
"I have seen the beginning and end to our story however, and the tale is crude and ill conceived. We must rewrite the ending of it. You and I"
-Kain from Soul Reaver II

I've been reading around and hearing what you're saying KAB. A lot of fans are sad it's not a continuation of Defiance. But you know what? Defiance actually ended on a good note and a satisfactory fitful ending. It came full circle linking Raziel's fate with the Soul Reaver and fully turning Kain BACK into an anti-hero who finally came around to embrace his destiny as the Scion of Balance after the breaking the endless "Wheel" led by some creatures like the Elder God.

It did leave on an open note because of the open storyline with the Hylden but I felt satisfied.

I think with its acquirement by Square Enix, Square is trying to make its mark with its Western publisher/developer by revitalizing its franchises. First with Tomb Raider.

Legacy of Kain has always had sort of a "cult" following of fans for the storyline. But the whole time travel element really mixed things up in some circumstances, especially when you consider some of the character issues with Blood Omen 2 (i.e.: Wasn't Vorador DEAD?).

A reboot gives it a fresh start and introduction to a new fanbase without being muddled by the history of the other games and the perplexed look of some other gamers who might be like "what is this game?". Plus, if they get some good writers, they can outline for a much more coherent storyline with all the time travel and destiny elements.

I say do a reboot! If it's awesome, then hopefully a sequel and a release of some of the Legacy of Kain games on HD!!!

I've been reading around and hearing what you're saying KAB. A lot of fans are sad it's not a continuation of Defiance. But you know what? Defiance actually ended on a good note and a satisfactory fitful ending. It came full circle linking Raziel's fate with the Soul Reaver and fully turning Kain BACK into an anti-hero who finally came around to embrace his destiny as the Scion of Balance after the breaking the endless "Wheel" led by some creatures like the Elder God.

It did leave on an open note because of the open storyline with the Hylden but I felt satisfied.

I think with its acquirement by Square Enix, Square is trying to make its mark with its Western publisher/developer by revitalizing its franchises. First with Tomb Raider.

Legacy of Kain has always had sort of a "cult" following of fans for the storyline. But the whole time travel element really mixed things up in some circumstances, especially when you consider some of the character issues with Blood Omen 2 (i.e.: Wasn't Vorador DEAD?).

A reboot gives it a fresh start and introduction to a new fanbase without being muddled by the history of the other games and the perplexed look of some other gamers who might be like "what is this game?". Plus, if they get some good writers, they can outline for a much more coherent storyline with all the time travel and destiny elements.

I say do a reboot! If it's awesome, then hopefully a sequel and a release of some of the Legacy of Kain games on HD!!!

The events of blood omen contradict some of the events in blood omen ( like Vorador being alive again) Due to raziel changing things during the course of Soul Reaver two. ( Remember the ending of Soul Reaver 2? kain shouting YANOS MUST STAY DEAD!) Because raziel went around changing things willy-nilly, he re-wrote some of kain's history.

I'm wondering about the reboot, and how much is going to be altered, how much is going to be ruined, and how much will be made better.

TBQH, I think what they SHOULD be doing is going back to the original, and re-making them .

I really liked the atmosphere and gameplay of these games, though admittedly I've never played the original Kain series. I started with Raziel.

Blood Omen is pretty naff. Im surprised we got Soul reaver. But we did and it was effing awesome. Soul Reaver 2 was also very bad ass but i do think a tad slow in places. And the fact you built up all your abilities in the prior game to start with nothing sucked. Blood Omen 2 was pretty awesome too. Defiance... im not sure. Some times i think its the best sometimes i think its confused and weak.

I agree that Defiance was a great ending to the cycle but it'd be awesome to play a game prequel of sorts centered around Janos. Or Kain recruiting his lieutenants...

So much potential.

BO is still awesome btw, much more gothic than the Raziel games.

I always wanted Blood Omen made into a movie. I think its got a great little setting, story and characters. And its vampires so it wouldnt be so out of place at the moment as every other movie is vampires. They wouldnt be able to cast Kain as a Hunk as he is a gentlemen of older years but if they ever got around to the forming of his lieutenants they could throw all the eye candy there for all the teen girls with Raziel and such. (which would add to the wow factor if they did get to do a 2nd movie and jumped ahead all thoes years so these studs were mutated creatures. But Raziel was just a blue jawless version of his hunky self)

OMG i hope they do, i love the series, still have all the PS1 and PS2 games in my collection. I just hope they keep it true to the puzzle nature of the game and not just a hack slash game. I liked the puzzles and fighting which made the game so much fun.

Mark Strong could make a nice Kain I think.

By the way I thought you guys might enjoy this :)
dsc1047u.jpg

Awesome pieces. I have them lying around sealed in a box somewhere. I just rewatched all the cutscenes from every game on Youtube. What a masterpiece this series was.
Hope they don't change Kain's clan symbol or the Soulreaver design. It would make my tattoos of them useless.

"Vae Victus"

I always wanted Blood Omen made into a movie. I think its got a great little setting, story and characters. And its vampires so it wouldnt be so out of place at the moment as every other movie is vampires. They wouldnt be able to cast Kain as a Hunk as he is a gentlemen of older years but if they ever got around to the forming of his lieutenants they could throw all the eye candy there for all the teen girls with Raziel and such. (which would add to the wow factor if they did get to do a 2nd movie and jumped ahead all thoes years so these studs were mutated creatures. But Raziel was just a blue jawless version of his hunky self)

Hahaha, oh wow...relating LoK with Twilight. :slap

Oh and Kain was actually young when he was killed and turned into a vampire. He was around his early thirties.

Early 30's is olllllllddddddd! And twilight to LOK... well you know they would throw in eye candy and angst if it was made live action

Back