Kotobukiya Red Hulk statue question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack00

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey people, my LCS has a Kotobukiya Red Hulk Fall of the Hulks statue to sell, I have been wanting one forever but I have a little concern. The one there is at my LCS has kinda weird white marks on the pants and since the pants are black, they really stand out and to be honest doesn't make the statue look good. I tried dusting it off with my finger but it didn't seem to come off. Is the statue supposed to look that way ?
Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is gonna help Mate, but run it by Google and see what they say..

I had a quick browse and couldn't find any pictures of what you are describing.

:dunno

I did check around google before posting here. Couldn't find much.
Like in this pic:
kotorulk.jpg

You can see the demarcation lines for the pockets and zipper, well the one at my LCS has kinda white marks that really pronounce them and when you look at the statue, it really jumps out at you and that's like all you can see on the statue :s
I'm trying to find a pic with what i'm trying to describe but can't find any, maybe it's not normal after all. I'll go back and check it out more carefully this weekend :/

Hmmm...strange...I wonder if it falls into the 'fake' category.. Try and get some sneaky shots...go covert!!!

:cool:

I don't have a camera or a cellphone that can take good quality picture :/ I'll see what I can do.

Ok I went back to my LCS and inspected the statue and found out that those white/greyish lining is actually because of a poor coated paint job on the pants. In some of the crack you can see the polystone and where the paint actually stopped. The white marks are probably from when they sculted the lines/details on the pants but like I said, a crappy paint job did not cover the work correctly. This sux, it's the first time I see that statue locally in about 2 years and it's a lemon :/ Still don't know if I should go for it, at a certain distance they don't really show, but I still know they are there...

Back