Kotobukiya pieces how nice are they?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill put some pics up as soon as i can find the cord for my digital camera.

Ok, my 2 cents for what it's worth;
bought the vader, Clone Trooper, Maul and Obiwan.
These figures are NOT worth their price, but that's only strictly speaking. Like someone mentioned they should be only half as expensive. Then again as fair as I know it's the only decent solution for someone who isn't willing to spend GG prices or worse. I personally find GG stuff deliver better goods for our money.
Obiwan is a bad figure imo. Vader was ok but a character like this deserved better in my collection so I sold him and will get the SS one. Clone Trooper is fine, not a lot of detail but since I'm not crazy about the prequels it'll do. Darth Maul is pretty damn awesome though, great pose, very good likeness.
I've heard that these figures are getting better and better, so I'm taking my chances with the Tree Yoda, Sandtrooper, and Scout Trooper, might get a Boba as well.
Give them a try but don't expect a lot more than a blown up action figure.

Too funny Josh, sounds like the SS LOTR lull drove you to Star Wars too! :lol I have all of those figures you mentioned (CIII, Lava, Holo Yoda and they are great!). I also have the Fett, and Vader I Koto statues and in my mind they are exceptional. The Fett esp is just flat out great! I also have the Yoda on preorder, I prefer him in his Degobah pose as opposed to the one with Mace. :dunno

LOL. That's funny, Josh. You just started this thread when I was thinking about the quality of the Kotobukiya statues. :bonk

:lol :lol Hey, Great minds think alike :toast

And congrats to the big haul! Hope to read your opinion on ALL of them, Josh. :rock

Thank ya Goldberry:bow I will let you all know of course when I get them.:banana

funny Josh, sounds like the SS LOTR lull drove you to Star Wars too! :lol

Yeah, it did a little. :lol

Sweet Thanks Matt I'll let ya know what I think of course when I get mine. I wanted Yoda in more of an action pose for some reason so this will do. I'm not a big huge fan of Mace but the piece does look pretty good.

All in All this gives me a SW collection I'm happy about. When I have the cash to spend I'll buy some SS SW stuff.

I'm thinking about them too. I think cuz Attakus and GG are so expensive.

Does anyone have pics of their Koto Collection?

Hey this is my first post in the Star Wars Boards.

O yeah and anyone know if they are "limited editions" or are they going to make unlimited numbers?

I don't own any of these yet, but they've got some cool ones coming this summer:

10690.jpg

10694.jpg

13333.jpg

I heard there's also supposed to be a red Clone Trooper from Episode III coming out this year.

web1.jpg

That's a partial picture of mine. The kotobukiya Darth Maul is on the left, and the Jango fett is in the lower right corner. You can see the three Attakus statues in the center to get a size comparison. I think the Attakus is about 1/5 scale, and the Koto's are 1/6 or 1/7. I've got some other Kotos scattered around my office but no ready pics

MiteeThoR

WOW!!! Thanks for the pic. They look dam nice to me and they are perfect in size since I'm running out of room anyway.

I really like these as I mentioned above, but I did have one complaint about the Vader the back of his cape is a little rough.

Huh have to check that out once I find out if I'm gonna be able to get the Vader 1 for sure. Darth Maul should be here tomorrrow.

If they weren't so expensive, I would also have bought Darth Maul in addition to Yoda. But 70 Euros (~90$) is absolutely over the top for an unlimited plastic toy IMHO. >:

Yeah, its probably a tad expsensive for virtually a big action figure but they are so much cheaper than GG or Attakus. This way I can get some characters I really want at a price I can afford.

Personally I think most of their non human characters usually vary between quite good to pretty damn great, however the human characters are generally rather lacking, as they just can't seem to get the likenesses right on the human faces. Didn't think much of the pics of the Chewie piece either, though I haven't seen it in person.

I've been tempted to grab Darth Maul, Boba Fett and ESB Yoda myself, as I think those are probably the best looking of the bunch, at least to my personal tastes anyway, although the upcoming Vader looks great too, and may be the best of the lot once released, and would be very temping to me as well. He also has one of the best poses I've seen on a Vader. The various Troopers are all pretty nice too I think.

Sev.

is the ESB yoda out yet??? everywhere i looked it said preorder but if its actually released im buying it!!!

It's out down here in Australia, don't know how long it's been out exactly though...

Sev.

Back