KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Figuremaster Les said:
:nono
Alright now....Seriously for a moment....if you can stop laughing long enough to answer a sincere collector and defender of your's....
And in keeping with the fact that this thread is about Dissapointments and Hopes and all, I need to express something here.

Truthfully, I am a bit of a latecomer to this whole Kurgan thing. I even stay away when it gets a bit out of hand in the Sandbox. They may not even think me a true "Krusader" in many ways, as I am not as intentionally openly crass and offensive and blaring (and funny)...but, I have felt for those guys, and their desire for this figure, since discovering the whole thing back when I first joined up here. It became a really fun thing for some of the collectors here to either watch or be a part of. (and such a BANE for others! :lol )

So, rather than your just saying "Not a chance", ...and being entertained by the guys then barking like hungry dogs, unable to get to the food, why don't you at least do them, once and for all, the courtesy of a solid explanation. A real and complete business answer.
The short quick quippy answers, though final, and understandable, don't feel like enough, after all the impetus these guys have put into this expression of desire.

Since I am a serious collector, and many of the so-called Kurgans are as well (and often with much bigger SS spending budgets than myself!), I am at a loss for a lack of a reasonable, if brief, explanation for why Sideshow began a line, with some fairly cool looking figures, and stopped short of the admittedly coolest looking one. This is about making COOL LOOKING TOYS right? Toys?

Was it just expense of development outweighed production and profit? Was it that the other figures in the line cost too much and didn't sell enough and this one just didn't get made? Regarding expense, was it the armor? I note that armor stumps Sideshow a bit (Note lack of Star Wars & LOTR armored figures so far...)
Is it just a basic expense issues only? Could it have been released in fewer numbers with a higher price? Something?

A better answer may go a long way towards quieting this whole thing, if indeed that is what you are after.

I can go into 2007 knowing that you at Sideshow are NOT going to make this ever. That's no big deal to me personally. I can go to bed knowing I could custom make one somehow, someday. If I ever got the time to. But that would be for me...and maybe a very few others....

I just think you owe your base of collectors, many of which have shown a sincere desire for this figure, a better, and yes, as hard as this is to say in giving with the group involved, and more "respectful" answer.

That is all.

I accept that it won't happen.
I find it sad. It irks. I move on. So will the others eventually.
BUT, no one has explained it enough to ever stop the Krusading.
Not in my opinion.

Anyway, I had to say that in all sincereity, as I think Sideshow utterly RULES and their products are tops!

So, I remain...despite all this...

OPTIMISTIC for Sideshow in 2007! :D

dekadentdave said:
Alright so this Shaithis77 claims he's a SSC VIP and states that the Medieval Kurgan is not gonna happen. First of all, who are you? We know Brant, Dusty, Chicky and some others but what are your credentials as a spokesperson for SSC? Are you Tom Gilliland the Creative Director? I spoke briefly with Tom Gilliland at SDCC about additions to licenses like Bond, POTA and Highlander and while he didn't exactly confirm or deny, the indication that I got was that sales had been disappointing, at least that was the feeling I got from the coversation. Regardless, we have never been given an "official" announcement or explanation from Sideshow in regards to Medieval Kurgan other than the armor is difficult to make. Perhaps they are letting the Krusade beat the drum to rally demand for this figure and when it is ready will surprise everyone but if there is no intention whatsoever for Sideshow to ever produce this centerpiece figure of the Highlander line the least they could do is make an announcement in the podcast, in the newsletter, on the website, or have one of their official spokespersons break the bad news to us once and for all instead of some gnaysaying statement like "Not gonna happen. There. I said it." I would rather be let down by some kind of "official" statement from Sideshow that they will never produce this figure than hear it from some masquerading gnaysayer who may not have any affiliation with Sideshow whatsoever. If Dusty confirms it then we will know but until then I won't believe a word out of this gnaysayer's mouth.

SIDESHOW, COME ON, CANT YOU SEE ???? AFTER 7 MONTHS, I THINK,WE FANS, DESERVE SOME REAL ANSWERS HERE...CAN'T SOMEONE AT LEAST TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO FROM YOUR IVORY TOWERS TO ANSWER A LEGITIMATE QUESTION FROM SOME OF YOUR BIGGEST FANS AND BUYERS....STOP THE MYSTERY, WE WANT AN ANSWER THATS ALL....WILL A MEDIEVAL KURGAN FIGURE WILL BE MADE BY SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES ...YES OR NO ???? IS IT SO HARD ???? WE DESERVE AN ANSWER....RANDY FALK OF NECA DOES IT, BOWEN DOES IT,JERRY FROM SOTA USE TO DO IT TOO ....WHY CANT YOU JUST ANSWER A LEGITIMATE QUESTION ????

-PISS OFF AND TIRED OF KRUSADING WITHOUT ANSWERS,SHAI

Shaithis77 doesn't say he's an SSC VIP - that's a board title that I assigned because I know him. I don't allow just anyone to use that title and I have verified anyone with a similar type of title.

I forget his official SSC title, but he's in charge of dealing with the licensees, so if anyone is in a position to know about what figures from what licenses are coming - it's him. He kids around a lot, but about Kurgan, he ain't kiddin'.

Sideshow will never give us much in the way of details about how a license works, I assume because they'd rather not have half-truths and rumors being reported as facts and they'd rather maintain pristine relationships with their license partners than putting out information to fan boards.

They announce figures that they ARE going to make, they've never made an official announcement that they WILL NOT make a figure, just ain't gonna happen.

So take my word on it as well - Origins Kurgan is not to be.

....WHY CANT YOU JUST ANSWER A LEGITIMATE QUESTION ????
<<font resized to avoid brain damage>>

This thread didn't ask the Kurgan question - but Shaithis77 went ahead and answered it as well as providing information on a couple of other licenses that people keep demanding. That's as official as it's going to get.

Now bring on the 12" Money Pit figures!:D

The Medieval Kurgan prototype was done, Dave.Thrust me.This is what pisses me off the most.

It is sad news to hear about the Kurgan, not unexpected, but sad nonetheless...

But we will kontinue to krusade, now for a Kustom figure to fill out needs for a...

Medieval F'n Kurgan​

Although I'm sure we won't be threatening to behead our kustomizers :lol

galactiboy said:
It is sad news to hear about the Kurgan, not unexpected, but sad nonetheless...

But we will kontinue to krusade, now for a Kustom figure to fill out needs for a...

Medieval F'n Kurgan​

Although I'm sure we won't be threatening to behead our kustomizers :lol

I hope not! :lol

Great post Les. That is what I have wanted to know for ever. A LONG time ago, in the very early days of the Krusade, Me Shai and a few others "attacked" the Sideshow comments sections with Krusader stuff, to which Dusty responded in the Krusade to stop. She also emailed me to please quit posting in their comments section. She also stated that is was "well known" within Sideshow that there was a great desire to have an Origins Kurgan made. She also stated that there were individuals inside Sideshow that felt the same as the "krusaders".

I had always held out the hope that these "individuals" would somehow get this figure made. Dave has on many occasions stated that the armor for the figure was in fact made(to what extant he never really said, but he did see it), but production stopped for what ever reason.

I have for a long time pretty much accepted the fact that SS would never make the figure. It was just a fools hope that someone in SS would one day say "Hey remember that Kurgan figure we never finished, lets finish it." But I guess that day is pretty much never ever gonna come.

At this point all I want is an Origins Kurgan, by any means necessary.

All I would have like to know from SS was not that its never gonna get made, which I have been sure of for sometime, but WHY. A really solid reason why. That closure to the situation would have been great. Oh well.

I will have an Origins Kurgan one day, Period!

Dave has on many occasions stated that the armor for the figure was in fact made(to what extant he never really said, but he did see it), but production stopped for what ever reason.

Okay, BIG FONT TIME:
WHOA NELLY!!!!!!
I never said any such thing. I have commented that tooling of armor makes a figure more costly than a regular figure. But I have never seen any armor of any sort and have never made that claim.

Darklord Dave said:
Okay, BIG FONT TIME:
WHOA NELLY!!!!!!
I never said any such thing. I have commented that tooling of armor makes a figure more costly than a regular figure. But I have never seen any armor of any sort and have never made that claim.

Of course Dave. ;)

Darklord Dave said:
Okay, BIG FONT TIME:
WHOA NELLY!!!!!!

You have Dave. In the Krusade, you stated that you had seen sculpting of the armor.

I like the large font too.

I will try to find the post in the Krusade that you stated it.

If I am wrong, than I apologize, but I am almost positive you stated that you had seen early production of the Origins Kurgan.

King, you better find that right now.

That is so incredibly far off from anything that I've ever said on the subject that it's laughable.

Well my faith and confidence in Sideshow Collectibles just took a monumental nose dive. If they had no intention to produce it then why only make a few mediocre figures in the license?!?!? The licenses aren't cheap. If they are going to pay for a license why not milk it for all they can get? It's like if they decided that it wasn't worth the trouble to make a Boba Fett or a Darth Vader figure for the Star Wars license because "the armor is too difficult to produce." That's a bunch of bulls***! How come NECA can make one and Sideshow can't? Because they get gunshy on their licenses that don't immediately sell out on pre-orders like Star Wars. Well I am glad there are competetive companies out their producing excellent quality figures like NECA and Hot Toys because if anyone deserves the license to produce a quality Medieval Kurgan figure then they should be the ones to produce it, not Sideshow. I suddenly lost my interest and enthusiasm for their products. I guess maybe it's time for a Hot Toys Freaks board.

Darklord Dave said:
King, you better find that right now.

That is so incredibly far off from anything that I've ever said on the subject that it's laughable.

Sorry if I'm off base Dave, I though you had stated that in the Krusade.

I found the quote!!

Darklord Dave said:
Hey everybody, the armor for the figure was in fact made, but production stopped for what ever reason.

Just kidding!! I faked that quote. Just a little humor here...

:D

Honestly, I know that these recent developments have to be difficult for the Krusaders. Say what you will about them and their Krusade, but it's clear that they have been passionate about seeing a cherished character produced by Sideshow. Many of us have just as strong a desire to see other pieces produced, and it would be a bummer if, for example, we were told that there would never be a Darth Vader 12" in the Star Wars line. Let's allow them to vent their frustration as they deal with this crushing blow. Nobody wants to see a dream die unfulfilled.

Personally, I am going to follow the old rule of "never say never" and continue to hope that one day their dream might come true. Boards like this exist because of passionate fans, and the passion shown throughout the Krusade is likely unsurpassable. Kurganites, I salute you!!!

Darklord Dave said:
Shaithis77 doesn't say he's an SSC VIP - that's a board title that I assigned because I know him. I don't allow just anyone to use that title and I have verified anyone with a similar type of title.

I forget his official SSC title, but he's in charge of dealing with the licensees, so if anyone is in a position to know about what figures from what licenses are coming - it's him. He kids around a lot, but about Kurgan, he ain't kiddin'.

It was actually nice to get a definitive answer on Blade Runner. Not the answer I wanted, but nice. It sounds like they actually looked into it.

And Dave, with the big font, for a moment I thought you had joined the Krusade! :lol

tomandshell said:
I found the quote!!

Just kidding!! I faked that quote. Just a little humor here...

:D

Honestly, I know that these recent developments have to be difficult for the Krusaders. Say what you will about them and their Krusade, but it's clear that they have been passionate about seeing a cherished character produced by Sideshow. Many of us have just as strong a desire to see other pieces produced, and it would be a bummer if, for example, we were told that there would never be a Darth Vader 12" in the Star Wars line. Let's allow them to vent their frustration as they deal with this crushing blow. Nobody wants to see a dream die unfulfilled.

Personally, I am going to follow the old rule of "never say never" and continue to hope that one day their dream might come true. Boards like this exist because of passionate fans, and the passion shown throughout the Krusade is likely unsurpassable. Kurganites, I salute you!!!
Thanks Tom. Its always a bummer to hear something you love is never gonna see the light of day. Its sad, but atleast its some closure to the whole thing.

I will forever be a Krusader, though the hopes of a Sideshow Medieval Kurgan are done, there are ways to see one made:cool:

I guess you dont have to buy me that Origins Kurgan after all Tom:lol

Back