King Arts 1/4 Scale Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really love the base! And if the likeness isn't there when it ships then you can always pose him facing away, teaser poster style :)

This company caught me by suprise at Ani-Con.

I don't browse the statue threads much, so King Arts was nothing I was familiar with. Then i saw their 1/9 Iron Man figures.... quite nice... more competition in the market... then i saw their replica stuff... like Cap's shield.. then i saw this... and i was like.. WHAO.... how could company be off my raider for so long? Hope this company continues on and makes something of intrest for me...

This company caught me by suprise at Ani-Con.

I don't browse the statue threads much, so King Arts was nothing I was familiar with. Then i saw their 1/9 Iron Man figures.... quite nice... more competition in the market... then i saw their replica stuff... like Cap's shield.. then i saw this... and i was like.. WHAO.... how could company be off my raider for so long? Hope this company continues on and makes something of intrest for me...

What did you think of Cap's shield in person?

10433284_696364710457620_6056240146022413172_n.jpg

I was pretty dead set on it until I saw the Iron Studios one...and I might not even keep that one. Please do post lots of pics though...super interested in this one.

Not sure if anyone on the board purchased one of these. I have one arriving next week and will post some pics and a quick review once it arrives

Cool. I've been looking for a review of this. It seems like a nifty statue and power charger.

58b615e7ef9713663d2d53441153287f.jpg

Surprise!!

994814e097c556e93e07624a42465374.jpg

So I take Cap out the plastic and his head comes clean off. Luckily it just looks like whatever glue King Arts used didn't take and should be an easy fix.

The shield is absolutely gorgeous. Museum piece quality paint and metal. Unfortunately they went the cheap route with the straps and because it's metal I had a terrible time getting the shield to stay on Cap's arm. At one point it fell off and left a small indentation on my wooden bar/bench. I made a temporary fix using foam tabs from HT mk 43 to keep the shield on his arm.

The head sculpt looks very good close up but for some reason looks a little weird the further away you get. Going to upload the pictures I took in the next post. Forgive me for not owning a decent camera.

how is it compared to the iron studios one? quality and likeness?
Surprisingly well. Like really really surprising. I mean of course there is no comparison between poses, IS wins hands down, but the sculpts are very much on par. King Arts decided to use fabric on the shin guards, fake leather straps and belt, but everything else is sculpted. You can judge the shields yourself, but I was never a fan of the Iron Studios shield. I love this one, cheap strap issues aside.

Back