Ki Adi Mundi 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry fellas, too busy charging those credit cards right now to call China and have them adjust the head.

The head is too big, but pretty accurate to the screen character. I don't think it's too wide, as some think, but perhaps not wide enough.

mace_n_mundi.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2154_press03-001.jpg

I think I'm gonna try to switch to a different body if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the head size to be expected in a 1/6th figure though?
Added to this is that the character has a huge dome already. Guess I'm just not bothered by it.

Isn't the head size to be expected in a 1/6th figure though?
Added to this is that the character has a huge dome already. Guess I'm just not bothered by it.

Yeah, if it's a Sideshow figure.

:gun

But the heads have been pretty well scaled recently.

I really like the look of this guy. Outfit looks good and its a pretty good sculpt. Looks better that ANH Luke IMO. He'll go really well with my other PT Jedi. Yes he is too expensive and the body sucks. However, the buck isnt really an issue as his clothing will more than hide it. Hopefully I'll get a cheap one on the secondary market.

Hello everybody, first time posting but been here from time to time "listening in" on the SSC discussions. I agree that Ki is too expensive for a secondary character introducing nothing new except a big head, that appears to be too thick from the SSC 360 view. And I also think his feet/boots are too small in looking at comparison shots of actor vs figure. That said I did preorder one...4 now anyway.

I bid you welcome Mr newguy :p
As fer the price, I agree, I'd like to see the newer body beeing used more, and I see it as a missed opportunity, but I'll get my hands on a spare prometheus ( Or more likely, one for every sideshow release ever) , and fix it myself when they're made avalable. On the other hand, this is, unfortunately, the pricepoint of sideshow's figures. Is it more than it should be? Yes, but then, so is gasoline. and like the cars the fuel our gas, we'll continue to pay it, grudgingly, but we will pay it.

That's a record -- LONGEST Star Wars sell-out.

Yes, the line is getting boring. And this figure can hardly be called interesting. Too expensive, boring character, goofy character design (granted, not SSC's fault), little accessories, ... . All in all a poor choice. Not that the accessories play a role in whether I buy a figure or not, but at this price, the figure should have at least the same extent of delivery as equally (over)priced figures.

I'm getting the impression that SSC is flogging a dead horse. I for one am a bit weary of tertiary characters and overhauled re-issues. I even start to feel that a (presumably) big hit like the armoured Vader will not change this. Because, what's coming after the first armoured Vader? A second one from an other film? And then a third? Come on, how many ways are there to suck the money out of our pockets, and then still continue to claim "we are fans ourselves"?

They don't force people to buy anything, I only buy what I want...

I wanted the whole Sith line, so I bought that, I don't have any other SW products from Sideshow...

Back