Khai @ Kool Kollectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khai,
during the last years I have stumbled upon you reviews from time to time. Always very useful, I want to use this opportunity to thank you for your excellent work and dedication.

I couldn't help noticing this tour through your man cave and man... that's some cave!
I'd particularly like to highlight your use of artificial plants and rocks. One of the strongest aspects of your displays is always the base you put your figures on, which in many instances are customized and made with some kind of artificial stone and artificial plants.
I can't help asking: is it all from the aquarius shop? Any shop and product in particular? I have given it one or two tries and never came across such lush elements...!
Thanks for any trade secrets you might want to share!
Best,
m.

Uh, I think you might have me confused with someone else? My collection display does not make use of customised bases with plants and rocks? Where did you see that? All of my figures are either using their default base included in the set, or are not using a base at all. I dont use any other bases......

Uh, I think you might have me confused with someone else? My collection display does not make use of customised bases with plants and rocks? Where did you see that? All of my figures are either using their default base included in the set, or are not using a base at all. I dont use any other bases......

I see that here:

Here's the latest Kool Kollectibles YouTube channel trailer showing the photos I've taken of the collection over the past 3 months. Covers all things I collect from 1/6th scale, Transformers, 1/12th scale, and Lego too! Hope everyone can check it out :)

Let me know.
RfC
m.

I see that here:

Let me know.
RfC
m.

All the photos in that trailer video just show the stands included with the figures. Perhaps the only ones I think you're referring to are those for the Scout Trooper or Lord of the Rings figures? All of those bases came with the figure. It would be nice to build up custom bases, but I certainly dont have any in my collection.

All the photos in that trailer video just show the stands included with the figures. Perhaps the only ones I think you're referring to are those for the Scout Trooper or Lord of the Rings figures? All of those bases came with the figure. It would be nice to build up custom bases, but I certainly dont have any in my collection.

Oh **** you are right. I have re-watched the video. Not the one video I though it was!!! Sorry!!!
Anyways: thanks for your review video series! They have helped me many times in the past!
Sorry again,
m.

Holy **** my internet is slow!! First video is now up for my review of the new MP-44 accessories and truck mode comparison with MP-10. Hope you can check it out!

Here's part 2 to my review of the new MP-44 Optimus Prime. In this video i go through:
- Risky/tricky parts of transformation
- How to articulate knees to avoid damage
- Comparison against MP-10
- Final thoughts
Hope you can check it out! ��

Here's my look at the Storm Collectibles Ultra Street Fighter 2 Ryu and Ken. Overall, a nice couple of figures that brings back all the nostalgia from the arcade days! Looking forward to Guilde and Sagat!

Here's my look at the recent Legacy of Revoltech reissue of the Jessie figure from Toy Story. So glad I didnt have to pay the crazy Ebay scalper prices for this! Perfect complement to the Woody and Buzz figures!

Here's my review of the new Bandai Star Wars Movie Realization Captain Phasma. A nice looking figure, but mine does have a few QC paint issues.

I also dont particularly like some of the design choices they made with softer materials and ball joints for aspects of the kama.

Here's my look at MP-45 Bumblebee. Overall I think it's an improvement over MP-21. It would've been near perfect if only they had worked out a way to make the back of the feet hide away better! Hope you can check out my thoughts :)

Here's my look at the new Bandai Star Wars Movie Realization Kylo Ren. Looks pretty good overall, but a few nitpicks that are annoying. Hope you can check out the video :)

Back