Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty dam cool !! I'm definitely getting it . THANK YOU Fabio for being a stand up guy . The sculpt looks great !

KP definitely doesn't have to offer this for free. We were all planning on paying for the ML version until that went down the drain, so Fabio made the deluxe version to fill the void that was left behind from that fiasco. Makes complete sense that you would have to pay for this head sculpt.

As for me I'll wait to see a price before I decide.

Thanks for the update Fabio.

I like it. What I really like though is XXL in plain Caucasian or AA skin tone with double jointed arms or just a reissuing of the Heroik figures

I bought it 'cause I like the character, the actor & the movie of course.
I chose & paid for it because at the time no other company was making this figure
and the price was ok (I even had a muscular Kaustic spare body lying around at the time).
If there was another option, trust me I would have considered it.

I didn't say that you hid anything or the hs was different from the prototype.
My remark is that the head should have been better from the 1st version.

Listen Fabio because you are passionate about your products,
but I am also passionate about my collection and I like to pay "bang for my buck".
That's why I have very few hot toys figures in my collection and that 's why I consider every purchase,
because money especially nowdays in Greece are not easy to find.

So when I have to pay for a 2ond hs that I should have gotten at the 1st place,
and the company offering it is the same company that made the 1st set, then yes I feel cheated.
I wrote the same remarks to Pangaea when they planned to produce a 2ond version of their Greek Warrior.
The posts are there and you can find them but I think you know already.
In the past you have accused me, now I hope that at last you can see my point of view.

With that logic Hot Toys must have given me all those improved Jokers for free... :lol

Seriously, it was totally clear that the head was a "nice to have" but more likely something for the parts bin. The focus of the set was on the accessoires and this has been top!

Saying you feel "cheated" is really a little hard and overexagurating.

Modernlife had promised everyone amazing sculpts, and they bailed. Kaustic Plastik is trying to honour the commitment to their customers, and offer an improved version, which they're doing. There's no defect. They've sold a kit, you could take their parts to assemble the figure in whichever way you wanted. To me, this new head is already a very close likeness to Arnie.

With that logic Hot Toys must have given me all those improved Jokers for free...
Seriously, it was totally clear that the head was a "nice to have" but more likely something for the parts bin. The focus of the set was on the accessoires and this has been top!
Saying you feel "cheated" is really a little hard and overexagurating.

Yup, along with the various Terminator figures, the Predator figures, Batman figures, Iron Man figures, and so on and so on. Pay for one figure and get a lifetime replacements on any new version for free lol. Companies would go out of business real quick...

I rarely buy hot toys so I don't own the same figure 2,3 or 10 times.
I can't afford it, but then again if I had the cash I wouldn't do it because I think it's too much.
I prefer to invest my money on other loved movies and not on a milking marvel/dc universe,
acquiring 2Xhulk, 3Xblack widow, 4Xbatman and 10Xiron man.

Any way as I can see some don't mind spending their cash,
even when it is to buy the same head they should have gotten in the 1st place.
On the other hand I mind, it is my decision/opinion and I justify it with reasonable arguments.
When a company makes a figure or a set, it has to be completed and the best it can be.
It certainly doesn't feel right (at least to me), after 1 year to sell the same head as an "improved" version,
heck why didn't they produce it like that and sell it inside the 1st xxl set?
Where is the answer to that argument?

As for the modern life fiasco, KP advertised their "relationship" because they chose to do business with them.
So if they want to honor the commitment to their customers, they should offer it for free or with a discount to buyers of the 1st set.
That's called gratitude and is to be shown to customers who support you and buy your products.

Last I like when companies like Asmus or Pangaea respect their customers and offer improved items for free,
because they admit they were wrong and had "mistaken" products.
To that comment also no one made an effort to write anything, maybe it's a practice not acknowledged on this thread.#

Edit
KP: Others don't mind paying for the new head, I do.
If I post a photo of your 1st xxl set inside my home, will you send it for free or with a discount to me?
Choose whatever signal is to be shown, so you can verify it is my figure.
Prove to me that you are not making this new head to make money
and I will get the best customer service when buying your products also.

In the past you have accused me, now I hope that at last you can see my point of view.

In the past I accused you of trolling me and my company... Sorry to tell you, but I have the same feeling once again..
New product.. new thread.. Same attack against me (once again from you).
At that time was for Gladiator helm.. Now it's the head..
Next time what it will be?

I can't afford it, but then again if I had the cash I wouldn't do it because I think it's too much.
I prefer to invest my money on other loved movies and not on a milking marvel/dc universe,

On the other hand I mind, it is my decision/opinion and I justify it with reasonable arguments.
When a company makes a figure or a set, it has to be completed and the best it can be.
It certainly doesn't feel right (at least to me), after 1 year to sell the same head as an "improved" version,

As for the modern life fiasco, KP advertised their "relationship" because they chose to do business with them.
So if they want to honor the commitment to their customers, they should offer it for free or with a discount to buyers of the 1st set.
That's called gratitude and is to be shown to customers who support you and buy your products.

Last I like when companies like Asmus or Pangaea respect their customers and offer improved items for free,
To that comment also no one made an effort to write anything, maybe it's a practice not acknowledged on this thread.#

Edit
If I post a photo of your 1st xxl set inside my home, will you send it for free or with a discount to me?
I don't know how you ever end up buying anything. Companies make improvements all the time. They find better ways of doing things, hire better employees (sculptors, tailors, castors). As soon as something good comes out, something better is right around the corner. You will never have anything if you are waiting for the perfect whatever.

Edit

Self entitled whiner.

Edit

I believe you got one thing totally wrong. The first head was never ment to resemble anyone. If you chose to bash a figure with parts of the set and decide to use another head for example resembling The Rock or Arnold, it is up to you.
Noone is forcing you to buy the first set, the expansion set (that I have personally passed on) or the head. Dont like it, dont buy it. It is really up to you. If you dont like the way KP releases their stuff, noone is forcing you to buy, but if you buy, stop complaining. :duff

One thing that's not being really addressed is that there was only going to be one head. Then only after a bunch of people started whining once the kits got in-hand did KP try to find an alternative and approached ML. Until then, the original head was all there was ever going to be. Now, ML dropped the ball and KP picked it up and we're back in the game with an improved head. There is absolutely nothing to gripe about here. And so what if KP makes money off it? If that was their only reason at all to make a product, that's fine--that's what companies do. If they didn't try to make money, they'd be finished in no time. It's no sin to try to run a profitable business, but don't think the guys at KP are getting rich in 1/6. For smaller companies, this is a labor of love and a chance to work in an area they enjoy. We're not talking about Mattel or Hasbro here.

In the past I accused you of trolling me and my company... Sorry to tell you, but I have the same feeling once again..
New product.. new thread.. Same attack against me (once again from you).
At that time was for Gladiator helm.. Now it's the head..
Next time what it will be?

You have shown to me for the 2ond time you don't respect your clients.
When the constructive criticism is not likable to your business, you prefer to accuse your customer.
Learn to listen and be polite but I guess I am asking too much....
You have not replied to my remarks, but rather chose to be yet once again offensive.
There won't be a next time, not because you prefer it, rather me that had enough of you and your practices.
I regret buying your product, it's the 1st & last time I ever did.
Sorry to disturb your universe of happy customers.

You have shown to me for the 2ond time you don't respect your clients.
When the constructive criticism is not likable to your business, you prefer to accuse your customer.
Learn to listen and be polite but I guess I am asking too much....
You have not replied to my remarks, but rather chose to be yet once again offensive.
There won't be a next time, not because you prefer it, rather me that had enough of you and your practices.
I regret buying your product, it's the 1st & last time I ever did.
Sorry to disturb your universe of happy customers.

You might learn to do the same .... every single reply you are receiving is disagreeing with your stance so you simply dismiss all of them.
Sure it'd be nice to get free stuff but these companies are a business. If we get what is advertised then there is no place to complain. Just because company X has offered replacements doesn't mean everyone should or can for free.

And no one has the license to make 1/6 Arnie Conan figures anyway so demanding they make you more accurate heads of an unlicensed product is slightly bizarre. (And the examples you offer is for licensed products which is not an apples-to-apples argument)

(And the examples you offer is for licensed products which is not an apples-to-apples argument)

Wrong. Pangaea's Greek General is an unlicensed product. Yet after heavy criticism they offered the correct size helmet for free.
Oh, and that figure has a solid hs, as KP's 2ond xxl set Arena Fighter does, unlikely the 1st doesn't.
I can admit certain facts, the other side doesn't.
Criticism is not tolerated. Understood.

Maybe you don't mind paying for the same hs again, that doesn't make it right
and I certainly don't have to share this opinion.

How do you deal with yearly car upgrades? Or phones? Or computers? Everything has an improved model down the road. That happens, that's how a market works. I can see why you would feel you should have some compensation on the second sculpt, but I personally, and I feel a lot of others, disagree with this opinion completely. This is a small company that has stepped up to fulfill a gap that occurred due to various circumstances. KP didn't need to do this, there was one sculpt already out and available.

Seriously, where are the moderators ? No need to let one guy bash companies that try to build a positive relationship with the community

Back