Kaustic Plastik 1/6 Toshiro Mifune

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaustic Plastik

12 m ·

Directly from our Stand in Lucca Comics!
😊

t8.jpg

I'm definitely going to get both and will probably modify. Its hard to tell but I wish the tsuka was wrapped, not sculpted.

KP, I just screamed like a little school girl who was told she’s getting a puppy - not one, but TWO! Mille gratzie!

Awesome stuff, really becoming quite the fan of KP's output. Three years ago I wouldn't have imagined we would be getting a Peter Sellers figure,never mind the legend that is Mifune!

Hello @Asta
Any info on when Toshiro will go up for preorder?

Seems like there is some kind of delay as Chuck Norris should have gone up for pre-order last month.

Thank you

Hello @Asta

Any info on when Toshiro will go up for preorder?
Seems like there is some kind of delay as Chuck Norris should have gone up for pre-order last month.

Thank you

TBOBF Shrug.gif

This was their last word on Facebook:

Kaustic Plastik

2 November ·

Live from Lucca Comics 2023. Toshiro Mifune, 1/6 Action Figure. Two versions, Samurai and Ronin. Pre order starting December 2023!

Decent, sculpts maybe a bit off but I'll want that yojimbo.

The katanas look a bit disappointing. Seems mostly sculpted? You can see some parts are missing and blade might even be plastic. If you take a look at a poptoys katana it has a metal blade and fittings, wrapped handle, and assembled pretty close to a real katana where you can take it apart.

It kinda weird that the figure isn’t totally a Yojimbo figure. The figure’s Mons are from the film Red Sun and represents the character he played named Kuroda Jubei. They have similar outfits but the Mons are different. The Hakama is correct for Yojimbo and incorrect for Kuroda. It is clearly supposed to be Yojimbo but still off on some of the details. It is the ito brown or black on the figure?

Attachments

• IMG_4610.jpeg
    IMG_4610.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
It kinda weird that the figure isn’t totally a Yojimbo figure. The figure’s Mons are from the film Red Sun and represents the character he played named Kuroda Jubei. They have similar outfits but the Mons are different. The Hakama is correct for Yojimbo and incorrect for Kuroda. It is clearly supposed to be Yojimbo but still off on some of the details. It is the ito brown or black on the figure?
Yeah the flowering quince kamon on the Yojimbo figure is incorrect. No idea what clan it belongs to, nor can I find a detailed pic of what it should look like; other than the standard photos from the film but hard to tell if those details are obfuscated from the old black and white film grain without a proper kamon comparison.

Yeah the flowering quince kamon on the Yojimbo figure is incorrect. No idea what clan it belongs to, nor can I find a detailed pic of what it should look like; other than the standard photos from the film but hard to tell if those details are obfuscated from the old black and white film grain without a proper kamon comparison.
The Kamon is the Akira Kurosawa Mon used in his films. Not too hard to find.

Attachments

• IMG_4636.png
    IMG_4636.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Has anyone ever done an older Lee Marvin HS? Would love to get one of these Mifune head sculpts and get a nice little "Hell In The Pacific" display going on.

Back