Just an Idea

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm half way through a Commander Neyo bash ( with thanks to Crimsonbob and Dorgmal ) and was contemplating building his BARC Speeder Bike . As reference is difficult to come by, ( I do have the Deagostini model) would anyone be able to provide plans , or at least a decent line drawing to help me in my task? I'm looking for a large scale diorama/vehicle to work on and it seems this would be the perfect project . If successful , any details of the build would be well documented with a mind to casting parts etc. ( Just an idea ).:wink1:

Not schematics, but i hope these are of some use.:)

PICT0062-1.jpg

PICT0063-1.jpg

PICT0060-1.jpg

PICT0059-1.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

BARC_comm.jpg

Last edited:
I may be able to draw up some 3D plans in my computer, at least some very rudimentary 3D stuff... then we (I) could tweak it inside the computer before making it for real...

I'll see about it if I have the time ;)

LOL Just posted a load of pics on another thread about doing one of these.. I think its a great IDEA.

I would be well up for helping out......

Imagine if we could make it in parts!!! and reproduce the parts LOL we could all have barc speeders HUmmmm.

I really like group projects. The Delta Squad project has gone really well so far and there is so much skill, talent and enthusiaum on the boards I have every confidence that a project like this could work.

We could do:
buckets and capes for commander faie
Barc Speeder

From what I can see this should be "do-able" . The bike appears to be made up of pretty rudimentary structures , nothing that would require major sculpting . Plasticard ( styrene) and aluminium tubing would seem to be the way to go .:clap

From what I can see this should be "do-able" . The bike appears to be made up of pretty rudimentary structures , nothing that would require major sculpting . Plasticard ( styrene) and aluminium tubing would seem to be the way to go .:clap

If any of the parts are similar to the scout speeder bike, I have one here that I would happily donate to the cause.

This project is still on as far as I'm concerned but as I'm waiting for a work colleague to draw me up some plans, I'm going to "Plan B" , which is basically get hold of a Hasbro BARC Speeder and scale it up ! I was watching a couple on ebay , but missed the end of the auction ! If anyone has one going spare , I'd be happy to take it off their hands ( of course I'd be happy to pay ). My idea was to make it "modular " and then hopefully someone would be able to make casts of the parts , enabling people to build it up themselves kit style( or have someone else make it up and paint it for them ). Sound like a plan ?:wink1:

Wow, I missed this thread. I can't really contribute since I can barely get my ideas completed, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out on this one. I've always loved the Biker Scouts, and since they already make them I was hoping to customize them into this. But I've been telling this to myself for the better part of 2 years without even attempting.

Wow, I missed this thread. I can't really contribute since I can barely get my ideas completed, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out on this one. I've always loved the Biker Scouts, and since they already make them I was hoping to customize them into this. But I've been telling this to myself for the better part of 2 years without even attempting.

:lol I feel exactly the same way man!

I always thought it'd be a good idea to make a Kashyyyk trooper out of a Scout Trooper.

Dorgs was talking about making some, since he already was making Scout Trooper armor. But, seeing as Dorgs isn't really in the condition for that sort of stuff just yet, it might not happen for a while.

It's a good idea though.

As DP said there has already been some talk of doing Clone scouts, and there is someone already working on a helmet sculpt, since the the helm is a lot different than a standard scouts, actually a lot lot pieces are different. I even started a new started a new pattern a while back for the cummerbund and pouches since its almost completely different.

since the the helm is a lot different than a standard scouts, actually a lot lot pieces are different. I even started a new started a new pattern a while back for the cummerbund and pouches since its almost completely different.
Actually Vivisect, the pouches really are not all that different, there are just more that go around. I think it's the helmet and most importantly the boots, that make this trooper (aside from the paint job). I can't wait to see what you come up with. Although after analyzing the helmet, it does look like it needs a ton of work.

i think Gentle Giant was supposed to come out with a bust of this guy? thought i remembered seeing a proto of him somewhere. idk may be wrong.

Actually Vivisect, the pouches really are not all that different, there are just more that go around. I think it's the helmet and most importantly the boots, that make this trooper (aside from the paint job). I can't wait to see what you come up with. Although after analyzing the helmet, it does look like it needs a ton of work.

Actually I have already done a ton of research on this, and if you look closely at this picture you posted you will notice that the cummerbund is completely different, and will take a lot more work if it is to be even close to screen accurate. I have better reference pictures I will get around to up loading soon.

attachment.php

You will notice it is very much styled after something like this.

ww-004-5-lg.jpg

Also the chest armor is a bit different and doesn't go do as far on the chest as the Imperial scouts.

CloneScouts.jpg

Clone_Scout_Trooper_01.jpg

As for the rest of it, it is pretty much all different in some way, even the shoulder bells are shaped different.

Anyhow to make one close to looking like the film version is going to be a lot of work, and if I did the cummerbund & pouches for these they will take 10 times more work than the regular ones due to all the details and the amount of pouches, so they would likely be a very limited run.

i am up for this as well. Cbib and I chatted about this a while back and I think he will have a bash at the helm. I can cast up a few buckets for him to play with.
As has been said the chest armour is quite a bit shorter but I am sure we can cobble something together between the lot of us!! Sounds like another group project is born!! Fantastic

Back