JURASSIC PARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in a 1:6 articulated raptor. Dreaming, I know.

That would actually be REALLY cool. I could see Hot Toys designing a really neat armature underneath a rubber body like their ALIEN figures. But that's if they had the license.

There's no such thing as a high end dinosaur toy. As a collector and paleo-freak, trust me, I've looked. I see this as a huge opportunity for Sideshow, too good to be wasted. They need to venture out beyond the wimpy dioramas and do what Justin said.

May as well mention it here, Stan Winston passed away over the weekend, spent the last several years fighting illness but passed away comfortably at home with friends and family.

No way I'm letting this dio hit the cancel bin now, Stan Remembered with another piece in my collection :rock

A T-Rex was 40 Feet Long and 20 Feet tall.

So in 1/6 that'd be a little over 3 feet tall but 6 1/2 feet wide.

That's kinda the problem with having so many licenses, certain licenses are getting the red-headed step-child treatment (IMO).

Well in fairness to Sideshow, they're still trying to sell this dio, so sales often create the one trick pony pieces. JAWS maquette is still available almost 2 years later.

I'm glad they take on the licenses they do, but properties with smaller fanbases for customers aren't going to thrive well with $200+ pieces, and these things aren't that mass produced either, fairly limited.

I'd be interested in seeing a 1/6 Dr. Grant. Maybe Hot Toys can acquire part of the license to make articulated raptors?

Back