JURASSIC PARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just canceld mine.
priority for me is TDK HT stuff and IRON MAN bust and HT stuff.
I will get this dio one day.

I don't think it'll be that hard, they seem to be fighting to sell all of them off. I think the JAWS maquette is still available on their site and it's like 2 years old.

I would like to thank anyone who cancelled, my exclusive just converted, this statue is a must buy for me!!

I'm hoping to see the end scene T-Rex versus Raptors from JP1 with teh "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banners falling....that's the diorama I want to see!

It's such an obvious choice, I don't see how they could overlook how cool a collectible that would be.

I ordered the regular version a while ago, I think the exclusive was sold out by the time I pre-ordered mine.

Anyways, I just got an email saying they're upgrading mine to the exclusive version! Great customer service Sideshow!

You know, at the same time, this is bad news because it probably means this line isn't selling too well, so we may not get any future products...

You know, at the same time, this is bad news because it probably means this line isn't selling too well, so we may not get any future products...

That's exactly what it means. They're having such a hard time selling off the Ex. and probably getting many cancellations, they're going through the first regular orders in and converting them for folks until the Ex. is sold out.

Generally speaking, their dio line is not very popular with collectors, IMO. They would have gotten more interest by starting off the license with a maquette.

I don't want dioramas. I want 1:2 scaled dino busts, 1:1 dinosaur busts, 1:6 T-Rexs, raptor maquettes...and so on...

SS do not drop the ball on this license, it has so much potential and it's being ignored. And it's frustrating to us collectors.

I don't want dioramas. I want 1:2 scaled dino busts, 1:1 dinosaur busts, 1:6 T-Rexs, raptor maquettes...and so on...

SS do not drop the ball on this license, it has so much potential and it's being ignored. And it's frustrating to us collectors.

A 1:1 t rex. :lol Man... that would be awesome and ridiculous at the same time. :rock:rock:rotfl

I have a feeling this will be one of the last, if not the last, products in the "line".

I really really really REALLY want a T-Rex Marquette but if the JR line ends with only a dio, i'll be a :monkey2 and then i'll have to get the excl. dio.

I really really really REALLY want a T-Rex Marquette but if the JR line ends with only a dio, i'll be a :monkey2 and then i'll have to get the excl. dio.

I'd be prepared for the second part of that statement.

I just don't think JP has the kinda support high end collectibles need. There's not even like 20 of us regularly posting on this dio and wanting it and all, and I know some folks don't want it cuz if innaccurracies or whatever, but I just don't think the numbers are there to sustain a line. For some reason, SSC decided on an 1150 total ES for this dio, but only the 400 Ex. is sold out. Perhaps 1150 is what they needed to sell to balance things or whatever, so where a 400 ES makes more sense as far as customer base, it's not good for sales so maybe they don't do another dio.

Another factor could be the passing of Stan Winston. I'm not sure how much he was part of approvals of pieces and whatever, and there's always a chance that his studios are taking business practices in another direction after his passing, you just never know all the aspects of things.

I'm just glad the Rex was made, if the only dio'd been Nedry with a Dilophosaurus or something, that'd really suck, at least heare we get one featuring the 2 best dinos from the JP trilogy.

Back