JURASSIC PARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ending, which people didn't see as an homage to Godzilla films, they saw it as cheddar. It's a shame, because inspiration derives from when an elephant escapes from a circus, and how much havoc those rampaging creatures could potentially cause. Now what if it weren't an elephant, but a 7-8 ton carnivore with an accelerated metabolic state (due to drugs intended to counteract the tranquilizer). I think it fit well, but not everyone does, and that's fine. Still, why people discount the entire movie based on that is beyond me, especially considering how it takes the social and behavioral roles of the dinosaurs into such great consideration. What makes the movie such a gem for me is that it places the animals within the sphere of their own environments, unconstrained.

Were t-rex's really that big , I was at some science thing and this guy said they only hit about 6 foot. I just couldn't imagine a full size rex at 6 foot. Then I thought about when they have the bones of the giant rex's in the museums.
The dude was talking bull right ?.
I guess your the Alan Grant of the forums. :lol

:rotfl Whoever he was, he is stunningly, and embarassingly full of ++++. All adult T.rex specimens found exceed 30 feet in length, and the average weight is usually somewhere between 5-7 tons (though the T.rex in the Jurassic Park novel apparently weighed in close to 8). I've honestly never heard anyone made such an accusation; hell, even Nanotyrannus tops 17 feet in length.

:rotfl Whoever he was, he is stunningly, and embarassingly full of ++++. All adult T.rex specimens found exceed 30 feet in length, and the average weight is usually somewhere between 5-7 tons (though the T.rex in the Jurassic Park novel apparently weighed in close to 8). I've honestly never heard anyone made such an accusation; hell, even Nanotyrannus tops 17 feet in length.

Totally. LOL! 6 foot my xxx.

https://www.aaskolnick.com/fieldmuseum/sue/sue.htm

Yep, I'm still waiting for some good movies to be released on Blu-Ray... Until then, I'll still enjoy all the good movies on my (dead format) HD-DVD player.

No doubt, I love my HD-DVD and all the movies. Hell, most of the old ones I got look way better than the older Blu-Ray movies I have. But now that I know JP will not be coming out in HD-DVD, I don't understand the wait for putting out a killer Blu-Ray boxed set. They would make mad money!

Yeah I figured it was a lod of crap , there was a rubber dinosaur that kept moving its head up and down real fast. I think it was having a seizure !!. :lol
They probably couldn't afford 30 foot props so made up some bull++++ about them being 6 foot ! :lol:lol

I wonder if it's similar to a display that I saw once, which featured a juvenile Tyrannosaur that was about 6-7 feet tall. Though there was an adult featured as well that was well over 15 feet at the hips... that's one very odd fellow you encountered.

Couldn't agree more about the dead HD-DVDs! I love the movies I have on HD-DVD. Some of which have no definitive release date for BR yet. I know Transformers will be coming out (though the date seems to still be up in the air), but other movies bred for HD like Beowulf still don't have a solid date scheduled for BR.

Just saw this in FelMarWETA's collection thread, this is what I really hope Sideshow creates at some point, a maquette like this.

trex5.jpg

OK, so I just finished watching Jurassic Park on AMC HD (and it was amazing looking, can't wait for this to come out in HD!!) and there is never a point in the end that one of the Raptors is in the T-Rex's mouth and one is on his back at the same time. Not that I'm complaining, because I love this Dio and can't wait for it, but it's not movie accurate, which is kinda hard to ^^^^ up. It's a big scene!! I guess they just wanted to go with more action or drama. Oh well, I can't wait for it to get here already cause it's gonna rock!! :rock

OK, so I just finished watching Jurassic Park on AMC HD (and it was amazing looking, can't wait for this to come out in HD!!) and there is never a point in the end that one of the Raptors is in the T-Rex's mouth and one is on his back at the same time. Not that I'm complaining, because I love this Dio and can't wait for it, but it's not movie accurate, which is kinda hard to ^^^^ up. It's a big scene!! I guess they just wanted to go with more action or drama. Oh well, I can't wait for it to get here already cause it's gonna rock!! :rock

I think you're missing the point with Sideshow's dioramas. None of them are exact replicas of any image you see in the film, some come close, but for the most part, they're artistic representations to capture the mood or the relation of characters in a moment. They designed the JP dio to create a dynamic looking piece that captured what was going on at the time even if it's not exact. If you're looking for exact dios of stills from the movie, you're probably not going to get that from Sideshow.

my wait list converted on this puppy. Here's hopin i have the funds to buy him when he gets here!

Cancelled the JP dio....too much better stuff coming out. Maybe I'll wait for a solo T-Rex to come out or something.

Or maybe Hot Toys will get the Jurassic Park license and make us a 1/6 scale T-Rex!!! :rock :rock

Of course, I know I'm not going to get the exact scene. I do understand, now, that they were adding in action and drama to the dio and well, it really works!! This will be an amazing piece. I love the dio and can't wait to get it.

I really just want a 1/6 piece though. I know that it would probably cost near what the Iron Man 1:1 is going for, but I would pay that to get one!!! It would be seriously frakin' glorious!!

1/6 would be great, but a T-Rex, that'd be almost the size of a person, you'll be talking thousands to get it and where to put it. 1/8, 1/9 would be more doable, equate to like 1/4 sale people pieces in size.

Yeah, you're right, I guess I was just thinking of the size of that scale. Yeah, with that standard size supposing to be about 20 ft tall, a 1/8 figure would be like 2.5 ft tall!!!! That would be perfect!!

I'd like about a 2 foot long T-Rex maquette, there are a couple other dinos I want maquettes of, but I'm not even sure the JP license will go beyond this diorama, there hasn't even been a tease of anything else coming. If something JP related, even if it's just words, doesn't come up during SDCC, I think it might be safe to expect nothing more of this property.

That would really suck. The reason I bought this was to get into a very interesting line-up. I will be very disappointed in SSC for screwing with us.

Dusty, please tell us this is only the beginning and that SSC is not just yanking our chain on this line!!!

I'd like about a 2 foot long T-Rex maquette, there are a couple other dinos I want maquettes of, but I'm not even sure the JP license will go beyond this diorama, there hasn't even been a tease of anything else coming. If something JP related, even if it's just words, doesn't come up during SDCC, I think it might be safe to expect nothing more of this property.

To say this would be an unmitigated tragedy would be an understatement. Here's hoping for an announcement in and around the Anniversary and SDCC.

I'm glad I have this Dio on order its one of the cooler moments in cinema IMO. I don't know if we'll see anything at SDCC but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. This line has some potential for not only movie fans but people who collect Dino's.

Back