Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hand via @sirius_blck on Instagram.

JP1.jpeg

JP2.jpeg

Definitely an improvement over their last Rex in that scale. But boy, am I ready to see JP dinosaurs in something larger than 1/35.

1/20, 1/18, or 1/15 would be great.

It's me or this has been released sooner than expected? Do you think Prime 1 will release in this series Indominus, Indoraptor, Brachiosaurus, etc... more dinosaurs from all the saga?

EDIT: New photo of the prototype on display from the Generation Jurassic event

1651201549882.png

Target link

• See the Tyrannosaurus Rex as it appears in Jurassic Park with the premium design of this 24-inch long figure. It is designed in scale to humans and other dinosaur figures in the Hammond Collection, each sold separately, subject to availability
  • Let this Tyrannosaurus Rex action figure dominates the spotlight! Use the 14 points of articulation and appreciate its incredible movie-authentic detail, including color and texture from head to toe to tail!
  • This premium T. rex figure has detailed design features collectors will appreciate, including red glass eyes, stretchable jaw tendons and posable tongue, ensuring dramatic and unique displays

GUEST_05920d83-477f-4c2e-9e05-4ec60b4ca363

GUEST_22a1cc83-99b3-4435-942a-66c60921429f

GUEST_f0a6e8db-afa4-4813-9582-bf4a0706b149

GUEST_22cd4616-7281-4957-8714-936ba54f2133

GUEST_60db121e-ff01-461e-80f3-e748c656d9e6

For those who missed out, here's a video on the Hammond Collection:

It's a fully-articulated, premium-painted (according to Mattel) figure line like the Amber Collection, but in 1/18 scale. This allows them to make larger dinosaurs like the Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, T-Rex, etc.

Last edited:
I've been wanting a nice, fully posable one without gimmicks. Mattel has produced some amazing looking ones, but the only one without a toy gimmick to date was the Super Colossal which has very limited articulation.

Rex3.jpeg

Rex4.jpeg

Rex5.jpeg

Rex6.jpeg

Pretty sure this floor model is a production sample, the teeth have the traditional Mattel look where the product images look a little nice in this area.

I just wish they would stop with the giant oversized feet on all the bipedal dinos. It's not necessary, my old Kenner toys stood fine. Speaking of, a red and black Kenner style paint variant would be really cool.

I'll probably get this Rex, the only other new one I have is the Super Colossal. Now if they would just make some large scale Triceratops...

Only problem I see with the glass eyes on the HC Rex is they're either too deep, too round, or too small, hiding the pupil from most angles. It's a cool feature if they can get it right, but if not, I'd rather it be painted normally.

Cool, thanks. Is the Hammond collection worth the higher prices?
I watched Collect Jurassic's review on the Hammond Collection Velociraptor and decided to go all in on the line. It's basically the Amber Collection but scaled down to 1/18 and at a cheaper price without sacrificing most of the articulation and paint application.

Back