Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need to get to a Target today or tomorrow. I need those figures and the EC Rex! I got the SC Rex in the mail; completely unnecessary but whatever, Mattel did the right thing by assuming people just want a big ****ing dinosaur!

Todays haul:)
e2820ddbf0fa212b07e16c27cf194795.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Picked up the JP3 Pteranodon today. Pretty set with Legacy figs until the next wave, which I'll likely buy in its entirety. I might venture into the main line for the Carnotaurus, not sure. Unnecessary dinosaur for me, but the figure itself is so well-done.

Yeah, some pics are in post 467. I feel like Spinosaurus has potential but wasn’t efficiently used in JP3, and since everyone was mad about how it quickly dispatched with the Rex in JP3, they reduced it to a skeleton and not a live attraction of JW.

That’s why I’m reserved about Indoraptor, it looks cool from the trailers but I want to see it fully in action before dropping $20 on the figure.

Knowing how lousy Target is with actually putting their exclusives up for sale in stores, that big Funko T-rex will probably be hen's teeth. Makes me glad I very little to no investment in Funko products.

Knowing how lousy Target is with actually putting their exclusives up for sale in stores, that big Funko T-rex will probably be hen's teeth. Makes me glad I very little to no investment in Funko products.

why are they lousy?

why are they lousy?

Don't ask me. All I know is that every time there's a "Target exclusive" Funko POP, my stores never have them. I got so tired of waiting that I just ordered the hair-down Hela and Golden Jaguar suit Killmonger variants off eBay... I doubt my nearest store ever got them in. Will probably be the same case with the T-rex.

This guy has also had some bad experience with them:

im praying to god that i can get one.... it is gonna get stressful lol

Getting Thanos was a difficult task. Thing was sold out in a day.

Most of these big ones are held at the electronics counter to limit scalpers. Some stores do put them out and the scalpers grab them all. Just use brickseek to see when they come it. Each store gets about 6 of them.

Yeah, some pics are in post 467. I feel like Spinosaurus has potential but wasn’t efficiently used in JP3, and since everyone was mad about how it quickly dispatched with the Rex in JP3, they reduced it to a skeleton and not a live attraction of JW.

That’s why I’m reserved about Indoraptor, it looks cool from the trailers but I want to see it fully in action before dropping $20 on the figure.

It was a very cool dino but having it kill a t.rex was a bad move. Even after doing damage control and saying the rex was a juvi it still was a bad move. Pretty much the most hated dino. Kinda sucks it's dead but hey. DOn't **** with the king.

While killing Rex probably never would have sat right, I think if the fight had been as dramatic as the Indominous vs Rex fight, it would have at least sat better. Biggest problem is I think the filmmakers wanted to make audiences extra scared of the Spinosaurus by making it dispatch the previously most powerful dinosaur with ease, but again, it happens so fast that ultimately you’re just like, ok, they killed the most likable dinosaur in this franchise.

I thinking the JW films have done a good job of adding new dinosaurs and establishing them without sacrificing fan favorites and still giving this favorites their moment to shine. Rex wasn’t a big part of JW but that final shot roaring like queen of the island was one of the coolest moments in the entire movie.

Back