Joss meeting with FX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Probably not worth talking about - apparently it's just a meet & greet and not even a pitch. But with stuff like The Shield and Damages - FX would be a great place for Joss to really let loose and get away from network interference.

Go, Joss, go!!!! :rock

Hopefully, it develops into something more. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!

That would be excellent news!

I always though Firefly would have been even better on a channel like FX where he has a bit more freedom.

It would have been great on FX or SciFi. But let's hope that if the meeting meant more than just a meet and greet, that we get something we can actually get into. Like Buffy/Angel.

I miss the days when FX would air Buffy early in the mornings....:monkey2

And then they had Thankgiving Day marathons....

Now....Nothing.

Interesting!

I'm guessing someone has something in mind either from FX's camp or Joss himself... i can't imagine it's just out of the blue...

*crosses fingers* Firefly ftw!

Buffy and Angel definitely aren't coming back, people have moved on pretty far. I guess they could start Firefly again, but I honestly doubt it.

But I'm up for new stuff, although if anything does come of it we won't hear about it for at least I year.

You mean as in a show like Buffy and Angel or more Buffy and Angel?

No no, I just meant something excellent, with longevity.
You should know me by now, there is nothing in this world to me as awesome and perfect as Buffy..and even Angel. Or Firefly...etc.

I hope something comes from his talks with FX. I think they'd actually give one of his shows a better chance of growing and finding an audience.

Just finished watching Season 1 of Dollhouse on Bluray. I liked it. Without giving anything away, there were moments where things felt a little rushed. I doubt Whedon pushed for some of those early reveals. We then saw the first two eps of Dollhouse... Here's hoping we enjoy what's left of the series. It appears to be going somewhere...

All this to say.... I miss Firefly!!!

I'd love to see Whedon working for a network who'll be willing to let him breathe a bit more.

Just finished watching Season 1 of Dollhouse on Bluray. I liked it. Without giving anything away, there were moments where things felt a little rushed. I doubt Whedon pushed for some of those early reveals. We then saw the first two eps of Dollhouse... Here's hoping we enjoy what's left of the series. It appears to be going somewhere...

I'd love to see Whedon working for a network who'll be willing to let him breathe a bit more.

Have you watched the original pilot of Dollhouse? It goes much much faster than the series was originally going

Have you watched the original pilot of Dollhouse? It goes much much faster than the series was originally going

I wonder if the original pilot may have been originally planned as a 2 hour season premiere because there were at least 20 minutes of deleted scenes from that ep on bluray.

P.S. S2 seems way darker a season so far... Love the guest stars too!

Speaking of rushed, anyone catch the series finale last night? Wow did THAT feel rushed! Easily two hours worth of material crammed into less than an hour.

What I hoped for was a dramatic cresendo was marred by the sound of screeching brakes.

And yes I REALLY miss Firefly. The old wounds... they never heal.

Speaking of rushed, anyone catch the series finale last night? Wow did THAT feel rushed! Easily two hours worth of material crammed into less than an hour.

What I hoped for was a dramatic cresendo was marred by the sound of screeching brakes.

And yes I REALLY miss Firefly. The old wounds... they never heal.

I've only watched 1 episode of dollhouse this year. I'll pick up the season set

I've only watched 1 episode of dollhouse this year. I'll pick up the season set

I might even wait for the Series Collection version... there 's only 26 epeisodes or so for the entire series.

But for now all of the episodes fit nicely in my DVR. :rolleyes:

Back