Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke up this morning to find my Joker PF off the base with one of his legs still placed in the base. I've had him displayed in the same place for the past year. Faulty assembly or what? What do you guys think SS can do for me at this point?

I woke up this morning to find my Joker PF off the base with one of his legs still placed in the base. I've had him displayed in the same place for the past year. Faulty assembly or what? What do you guys think SS can do for me at this point?

That sucks. Any chance something came in contact with him (dog or cat in the house)?

Call SS it can't hurt to ask. I just wouldn't count on any thing from them.

As for the ex head, I display mine with the reg one. the ex head is too creepy for me.

That sucks. Any chance something came in contact with him (dog or cat in the house)?

Call SS it can't hurt to ask. I just wouldn't count on any thing from them.

As for the ex head, I display mine with the reg one. the ex head is too creepy for me.

No pets. I was home all day yesterday and no one went into the statue area. The wire frame inside the leg was broken. It would have taken quite some force to do that. Also he's on a shelf with a back and he fell forward from the very back of the shelf. The HT Batman I have beside him is still in the exact same position. I honestly think the leg was already weak when I got it last year.

Something would have had

No contact :( Also, the wire frame from the bottom part of the leg is sticking out and looking from the inside of the pant leg, the break happened within the leg as the wire is deeper inside. Dunno if that makes any sense.

Here are some pics

Pretty deep

As you can see this was at the back of my shelf.

If this was the result of a forced break wouldn't both sides have the wire break evenly as well not one side having more than the other? How is it that there's more wire on one side? One thing I think might be it is that it was previously broken and then glued. It's difficult to photograph but there seems to be a shiny residue on both sides of the break, like glue. The shiny stuff isn't evenly dispersed over either side of the break.

Last edited:
I've never seen that happen before

It's messed up right? I'd expect something like my Spidey com to form cracks in the arm or fall first because he hangs off a wall base but he's held up perfectly compared to Joker who has both feet planted on a flat base.

That's a bizarre story!! I'd be seriously choked if that ever happened to me...with any of my pieces.

I doubt SS will do anything after all this time. Can you glue it back together?

I suspected that the feet were cast separately from the body and glues on afterward (maybe that's common knowledge??)...if you look at pics and videos, it seems every one has the feet pointed/positioned at slightly different angles.

That's a bizarre story!! I'd be seriously choked if that ever happened to me...with any of my pieces.

I doubt SS will do anything after all this time. Can you glue it back together?

I suspected that the feet were cast separately from the body and glues on afterward (maybe that's common knowledge??)...if you look at pics and videos, it seems every one has the feet pointed/positioned at slightly different angles.

After reading your post I checked the legs again and it does seem that is the case. You can see a painted over area on the legs where they connect to the feet. It's a different white from the rest of the leg, it looks like white out. Anyways, I didn't mean to scare anyone but hopefully you can use this info to check your Jokers and prevent the same thing from happening if there is a problem present.

After inspecting some more I noticed the hair chipped and hands chipped. :monkey2

Quick question: How's the humidity/atmosphere in the room where you kept the Joker? Does it get humid in there, or is it temperature controlled? Perhaps the glue got a bit wet and then decided to slip enough to cause breakage?

Quick question: How's the humidity/atmosphere in the room where you kept the Joker? Does it get humid in there, or is it temperature controlled? Perhaps the glue got a bit wet and then decided to slip enough to cause breakage?

Temperature controlled room, doesn't get humid.

I'm guessing yours was glued onto the foot at just the wrong angle, creating an eccentric load. So, the body was probably "cranking" its weight around the foot joint, meaning that the glue was under constant stress...and eventually just failed (have to put my engineering degree to good use sometimes).

I'm guessing yours was glued onto the foot at just the wrong angle, creating an eccentric load. So, the body was probably "cranking" its weight around the foot joint, meaning that the glue was under constant stress...and eventually just failed (have to put my engineering degree to good use sometimes).

Ah a fellow engineer :wave

Back