Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

This is an odd topic. I know all of the characters on both devil's and mike's list. I even own many of the great DC story lines over the last 30 years. I collected the Perez run on JLA. I even own Giffens 1st run on Legion, numerous Batman titles, the Wolfman and Perez run on the Teen Titans, as well as many other titles over the years. I do consider myself fairly veresed in the DCU. However, I am a Batman nut. The Bat-verse is all I really care about. As much as I have enjoyed all the DC stories I have read, it is the Bat and his supporting cast that I will pick up in statue form.

I consider myself a HUGE Marvel fan. In the end, I will have many more marvel pieces in my collection than DC. You may not be able to tell which company I like more by my comic collection....but if you look at my display shelves you would have no doubt that I'm a Marvel fan boy all the way. I enjoy both companies books but SSC won't make as much money off of me on their DC line. It will always be their Marvel line that creates the biggest whole in my bank account.

Now, bring on that Joker PF. It looks fantastic. I'm also DYING to finally see a Deathstroke statue. I just love me some Slade.

This is an odd topic. I know all of the characters on both devil's and mike's list. I even own many of the great DC story lines over the last 30 years. I collected the Perez run on JLA. I even own Giffens 1st run on Legion, numerous Batman titles, the Wolfman and Perez run on the Teen Titans, as well as many other titles over the years. I do consider myself fairly veresed in the DCU. However, I am a Batman nut. The Bat-verse is all I really care about. As much as I have enjoyed all the DC stories I have read, it is the Bat and his supporting cast that I will pick up in statue form.

I consider myself a HUGE Marvel fan. In the end, I will have many more marvel pieces in my collection than DC. You may not be able to tell which company I like more by my comic collection....but if you look at my display shelves you would have no doubt that I'm a Marvel fan boy all the way. I enjoy both companies books but SSC won't make as much money off of me on their DC line. It will always be their Marvel line that creates the biggest whole in my bank account.

Now, bring on that Joker PF. It looks fantastic. I'm also DYING to finally see a Deathstroke statue. I just love me some Slade.

:hi5:
Can't wait for more of Batman's rogues gallery!

That's a glaring list of something maybe Bowen would do for Marvel characters but is a pipedream for SSC's doing so. Many of the characters are not well-known and don't even have their own titles or aren't even superheroes. More like supporting cast....

A lot of female characters will get made if designed by AH!

It doesn't matter if they are obscure or not. Throw that in on whatever equation they use to determined what DC characters get made.

It doesn't matter if they are obscure or not. Throw that in on whatever equation tehy use to determined what DC characters get made.

All I meant by reference to Bowen is obviously Bowen makes any and all Marvel characters lately, a lot of obscure ones. Their scale and price may allow them. SSC's doesn't put them out as quick as Bowen seems to so they will likely stick with the main ones. Ironically, most of the ones I mentioned in DC will likely get made, so I guess SSC's isn't a fan of DC either. ;)

All I meant by reference to Bowen is obviously Bowen makes any and all Marvel characters lately, a lot of obscure ones. Their scale and price may allow them. SSC's doesn't put them out as quick as Bowen seems to so they will likely stick with the main ones. Ironically, most of the ones I mentioned in DC will likely get made, so I guess SSC's isn't a fan of DC either. ;)

Quality > Quantity :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I agree that the format Bowen uses allows him more freedom to spread out his choices. The only way to know for sure is by Sideshow doing something similar to the LOTR maquette line.

That said, Bowen would make a great art director for Sideshow's DC line. He picks characters well and does a good mix and match of classic and modern looks. He also doesn't go nuts with the poses like Sideshow does. The complexity of the Sideshow PF line makes each piece either a must have or a pass for me. Fabric, paints, etc. are less forgiving in the final product in that scale.

I don't think Sideshow will limit the 1:4 scale line to such a narrow standard.

One hopes not, but even a big license like SW has had a select few PF's and some are the same character just from a different movie and better sculpt. On this logic, SSC's should have a 1/4 Greedo and 1/4 Uncle Owen and Aunt Berue with EX charred switch out bodies.

I agree that the format Bowen uses allows him more freedom to spread out his choices. The only way to know for sure is by Sideshow doing something similar to the LOTR maquette line.

That said, Bowen would make a great art director for Sideshow's DC line. He picks characters well and does a good mix and match of classic and modern looks. He also doesn't go nuts with the poses like Sideshow does. The complexity of the Sideshow PF line makes each piece either a must have or a pass for me. Fabric, paints, etc. are less forgiving in the final product in that scale.

Yeah his poses are better for many of the characters. SSC's sometimes seem forced.

I think the real limitation will be applied to the Legendary Scale Figure line. That will likely only see the big seven and complementary villains, and would take as many years to complete.

The Premium Format line has the room to turn out 2-3 a year, which is a conservative 30 characters in ten years. They've already done 18 Star Wars PF's, and it's only been 5 years since they started that license. Considering Sideshow's penchant for off the wall choices, I expect the unexpected to be the norm.

One hopes not, but even a big license like SW has had a select few PF's and some are the same character just from a different movie and better sculpt. On this logic, SSC's should have a 1/4 Greedo and 1/4 Uncle Owen and Aunt Berue with EX charred switch out bodies.

But comic characters have hundreds of incarnations. Star Wars characters at most have three or four.

And Owen and Beru are horrible examples. That's obscure. Most of the characters in my list are far more significant.

I think the real limitation will be applied to the Legendary Scale Figure line. That will likely only see the big seven and complementary villains, and would take as many years to complete.

The Premium Format line has the room to turn out 2-3 a year, which is a conservative 30 characters in ten years. They've already done 18 Star Wars PF's, and it's only been 5 years since they started that license. Considering Sideshow's penchant for off the wall choices, I expect the unexpected to be the norm.

But comic characters have hundreds of incarnations. Star Wars characters at most have three or four.

And Owen and Beru are horrible examples. That's obscure. Most of the characters in my list are far more significant.

They are? They only played a pivotal role in dying that got Luke to go join the Rebellion. Also showed up in young versions in the prequels.

Same list but grouped it differently. Basically, JLA characters are a must. Followed by Batman characters. Everyone else seems to take a backseat except for may be the ones I grouped in the Superman section. So...they need about 10-20 years or so to make a decent dent on that list, right?

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman
Zatanna
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Captain Marvel

Catwoman
Robin
Commissioner Gordon
Oracle
Huntress
Batgirl
Joker
Penguin
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
Bane
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Killer Croc
Solomon Grundy
Deadshot
Lady Shiva
Ra's al Ghul
Batwoman
Red Hood
Cheshire

Lois Lane
Lex Luthor
Brainiac
Darkseid
Supergirl
Power Girl

Kid Flash
Superboy
Starfire
Raven
Cyborg
Changeling
Wonder Girl

Dr. Zoom
Deathstroke
Adam Strange
Vandal Savage
The Phantom Stranger
The Spectre
The Question
Harbinger
Lobo
Deadman
Black Adam

The Justice Society
The Legion of Super-Heroes
The Green Lantern Corps......Kilowog, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Sinestro
The New Gods
The Suicide Squad

Yes, 10-20 years would be adequate. I think I'd group it more tightly though if I was making a list for serious consideration, and not just trying to show how easy it was to come up with an inordinate amount of characters with longevity and renown in the DCU.

Justice League
Gotham
Metropolis
Teen Titans
Green Lantern Corps
Justice Society of America

That strikes me as the real heart (appropriate villains included).

After that would be Legion of Super Heroes, New Gods, Suicide Squad, and characters like Lobo, Animal Man, Adam Strange, Deadman, Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Question, etc. I don't really know how to classify them.

How long would it really take? How insane is it to even think they'd scratch the surface of the core? I don't know. But as long as the world holds together, I'm in for the long haul.

^ The occult/magic side & outer space side? :dunno

I do wonder how Sideshow will approach the "base" for the PFs.
Seeing how beautifully intricate Joker's is, will they continue doing this "museum" type, which I favor personally.

Either way, it's a great time to get into Sideshow if you're a DC fan/drone.

I remember Adam saying he loved the era when he read comics, the 1970s which is why a lot of his Marvel pieces are inspired by them. I wonder if he will have the same nostalgia for DC given that he has actively worked there and his DC pieces aren't under that guise...

Ironically, most of the ones I mentioned in DC will likely get made, so I guess SSC's isn't a fan of DC either. ;)

SSC has been chasing this license openly since 2006 and I'm sure long before that. It was brought up almost repeatedly at every chat or con, I guarantee you that they'll milk the hell out of the licenses in all formats and so while they may stick big ticket for 1:4 I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Madame Xanadu or Klarion if someone at SSC has a soft spot for them obscure or not.

I remember Adam saying he loved the era when he read comics, the 1970s which is why a lot of his Marvel pieces are inspired by them. I wonder if he will have the same nostalgia for DC given that he has actively worked there and his DC pieces aren't under that guise...

He has done an insane amount of DC covers where you can see he loves these characters so I think so. I believe that Catwoman preview during SDCC looked like the usual Audrey Hepburn AH! look...

Back