Joker Goon 1/6 Masks Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure guys, if someone drops out (because I already have 13 sets to make) I will pm you. Will start casting them next week and post pics of them on figures, then start confirming orders.
Dizzy

I am going to have to drop off because do not have all of the funds to piece together 5 complete figures and stands at the time being. thanks for the offer and they look great.

Could be Chouzi... I am going to start casting the first set tonight and ensure they fit, iron out any kinks etc. I hope to get 3 or 4 sets done over this coming week, so will do an updated list when you all see the results of the first proper set.
Dizzy

A quick progress update. It is 7:30 pm on Sunday and I have just finished casting the first set of masks and checking that they fit a variety of figures and don't look like Mr.Potato Head.
Please note that they do not have ears or hair yet as these are being cast separately then added prior to painting.
This will decrease the risk of air bubbles and ripping the mold when throwing out the casting.
I also have not trimmed them around the eye holes as the resin is still soft and the masks will end up with dents or bending out of shape.
Will post finished pics of this set as soon as done (probably tomorrow morning.
Also, while busy, my little sod of a son Adam (aged 10) has been playing with the camera and painting his own version of a Goon mask... he says that if anyone likes it he will sell it for £100 as it is his own design (call sign "Bogies")
He also got some Terminator Salvation toys and "borrowed" my endoskull casting for a photoshoot!
Dizzy:google (and Adam:rock)

Got three finished (except the ears) and decided to try using "real" hair... looks better than sculpted I think.
Dizzy

I'll probably keep the masks in storage for quite a while until i'm done with my priority expenditure on my display...and then pick up some cheap bodies and clothes to put these guys together

A quick progress update. It is 7:30 pm on Sunday and I have just finished casting the first set of masks and checking that they fit a variety of figures and don't look like Mr.Potato Head.
Please note that they do not have ears or hair yet as these are being cast separately then added prior to painting.
This will decrease the risk of air bubbles and ripping the mold when throwing out the casting.
I also have not trimmed them around the eye holes as the resin is still soft and the masks will end up with dents or bending out of shape.
Will post finished pics of this set as soon as done (probably tomorrow morning.
Also, while busy, my little sod of a son Adam (aged 10) has been playing with the camera and painting his own version of a Goon mask... he says that if anyone likes it he will sell it for £100 as it is his own design (call sign "Bogies")
He also got some Terminator Salvation toys and "borrowed" my endoskull casting for a photoshoot!
Dizzy:google (and Adam:rock)

Sweet ! I will just display them all on my shelf until I get the bodies up !

How are the masks lining up with the eyes ?

Is there a specific head we should pursue ? I don't want them to break when we go to put them on. :sick

I would get these but the Dark Knight line has drained me. I have so many figures at such a high price and I have customs in the making from this movie so I'm just not interested in getting anymore figures from this movie but congrats to all who get these :)

Lining up the eyes depends on which figure you put them on. The sculpted hair makes a difference, in real life it would flatten down, so I am trimming the masks so that with a figure with average hair and forehead height should line up just right. You cannot really see the eyes anyway unless you hold them close and peer inside because of the shadow, but I know some people are sticklers for detail. Those who are intending to do movie accurate bank robbers will probably need to do their own heads so the hair etc is right, plus the head would need a flattened down bit where the strap will go.
It is taking longer to do them with "real" hair, but the finished effect is worth it. I will also be re-doing the molds so that ears are already on... otherwise you get a demarcation line, or one sticks out more than the other, plus I would not want people to buy these and the ears drop off!
I am just putting the finishing touches to the first set and will post pics later today, then take the first set of orders if everyone is happy.
Dizzy

Lining up the eyes depends on which figure you put them on. The sculpted hair makes a difference, in real life it would flatten down, so I am trimming the masks so that with a figure with average hair and forehead height should line up just right. You cannot really see the eyes anyway unless you hold them close and peer inside because of the shadow, but I know some people are sticklers for detail. Those who are intending to do movie accurate bank robbers will probably need to do their own heads so the hair etc is right, plus the head would need a flattened down bit where the strap will go.
It is taking longer to do them with "real" hair, but the finished effect is worth it. I will also be re-doing the molds so that ears are already on... otherwise you get a demarcation line, or one sticks out more than the other, plus I would not want people to buy these and the ears drop off!
I am just putting the finishing touches to the first set and will post pics later today, then take the first set of orders if everyone is happy.
Dizzy

I don't doubt it. I am just trying to get the best head. I for one, would love to see the eyes through the slits. I just think it makes the figure.

Is there a particular head you can suggest that I can try and collect a few ?

When making a set I will try to trim each mask to your specs... let me know which head it is going on and (as long as I have one of those) I will trim the mask to fit. If I don't have that head we will try and get an aproximate match, or I can trim it extra large inside so you can use a little padding to custom fit. If you dont know, then I will let you know which head I have used to get the fitting.
This we can do via pm as I will let each person know when I am starting on their set.
Dizzy

Righty-ho, just finished completing the first set, hair and ears now on.
As you can see they all look in scale with the figures, and if you check previous posts you can see they all fit a variety of characters.
Bodies used as models: Sideshow (Buck), Hot Toys (Truetype), Medicom something-or-other (Blade).
I can start making these from tomorrow and will do them in batches so people don't stump up money, then see nothing for weeks. It should take about 48 hours to do each set and I am going to take 5 orders from the list of interested parties to start with. Then another 5, then the remainder.
Please confirm by pm that you still want a set, and when you are in a position to pay via Paypal, and I will get started.
Everone who has posted an interest (and not dropped out yet) is now on the list, but until these are all fulfilled I will be taking no more orders.
So, if you are able to pay now, pm me. If you will, but not until the end of the month, let me know, and I will make a work schedule, let you know estimated time of completion, and work out mask fitting details.
The list:
Full Set
Hbk007
Intothevoid
Chouzi
Teabelly83
Madcow (wants Bozo too)
Elvis1976
Old Grandpa
King Grayskull
Gargan (wants 2 sets)
Buttmunch
SRamos
Rockbottom

Part Sets
Deckard (Grumpy and Bus Driver)
Gattack FC (Grumpy).

Dizzy:google

Sweet, Thanks. If you can even show me which you use, I can search them out to snag them :)

Righty-ho, just finished completing the first set, hair and ears now on.
As you can see they all look in scale with the figures, and if you check previous posts you can see they all fit a variety of characters.
Bodies used as models: Sideshow (Buck), Hot Toys (Truetype), Medicom something-or-other (Blade).
I can start making these from tomorrow and will do them in batches so people don't stump up money, then see nothing for weeks. It should take about 48 hours to do each set and I am going to take 5 orders from the list of interested parties to start with. Then another 5, then the remainder.
Please confirm by pm that you still want a set, and when you are in a position to pay via Paypal, and I will get started.
Everone who has posted an interest (and not dropped out yet) is now on the list, but until these are all fulfilled I will be taking no more orders.
So, if you are able to pay now, pm me. If you will, but not until the end of the month, let me know, and I will make a work schedule, let you know estimated time of completion, and work out mask fitting details.
The list:
Full Set
Hbk007
Intothevoid
Chouzi
Teabelly83
Madcow (wants Bozo too)
Elvis1976
Old Grandpa
King Grayskull
Gargan (wants 2 sets)
Buttmunch
SRamos
Rockbottom

Part Sets
Deckard (Grumpy and Bus Driver)
Gattack FC (Grumpy).

Dizzy:google

I'm in.

Safe to assume you are still going to weather these and such right?

Yes, and they need a glossy finish to seal the paint.
Not doing any more to this set though... they are only to get a fit and iron out any problems... like the ears.
Dizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back