John Wambo (2008)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: John Rambo (2008)

Outfit looks great, where did the boatman's outer shirt come from, it looks fantastc.

Not sure you want to risk it but if you want to go for the film look, i would snap the arrow holster off the bow, for some reason he has all Rambo 2 gear leftover despite the 3rd movie and the arrow holster on the bow was a Rambo 3 feature.

Also, what body is that on as the arrow aiming pose looks very nice and natural.

This looks great. I would love to have something like this on my shelf.

Im definitely going to remove those arrow holders on the bow. I used the new ACI Flamma muscular body. Modified the shoulder and neck. Original neck size is a bit too thin. Also gonna add more veins on the forearms.
As for the boatman shirt I found this japanese swordsman outfit which i'm going to mod it a bit. The material seem to be as close as the one Rambo wore in the movie. :)

wow....some good looking Rambo's in this thread.....I wish Hot Toys would quit milking the Iron Man and Batman licenses and give us some more Stallone and Schwarzenegger......

wow....some good looking Rambo's in this thread.....I wish Hot Toys would quit milking the Iron Man and Batman licenses and give us some more Stallone and Schwarzenegger......

They got our hopes up for more Stallone with their poll, since for awhile, it seemed like all of their polls led to releases, but so far, nothing from that one. Rambo 4 does seem to be independent from 1-3 as far as licensing, the BR 4-pack shows different studios as owning the rights, and NECA's upcoming figures are only covering 1-3 so far, it seems like 4 has to be acquired separately, but it's out there, HCG has it, Master Cutlery has it, there are products. Still, I want him in my HT lineup bad and as a figure, the HCG statue is ok for having a 12" but like xeno, I think I'll be moving forward with a custom.

rambo4-knife.jpg

Making his machete now... putting my expired credit card into good use. ;)

Creative solution, I chopped up and glued and sanded this thing into my knife and then wrapped some string around the handle for the grip.

DRL3-X204.jpg

Thanks for the tip on the boatman shirt, I was able to find one parted out on ebay, I agree, great fabric, lays just right on a figure and the color's great too, just needs some tweaks, particularly the sleeves.

Yep thats a quick way of doing Rambo4 machete too. I found some pics of Gil Hibben's one and shrunk pics in the size of 1/6 scale to make my machete :)

As for the boatman outfit... yeh that material is pretty close to what Sly wore in the movie just need to re-tailor some part of it.

Been waiting for an update on this project for a while, looks great. Hopefully it will become available.

Back