Action Figure Joebizz34's The Thing "MacReady" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21mx2lh.jpg

Another awesome Mcready!

Here are some updated MacReady pics. I've seen some others done with him holding a lantern so I decided to add that to mine as well along with some flame action coming out of his torch. I also had some fun making the lantern look lit up in the dark.

More pics soon of my Thing monster I am still working on....

DSC_1367.jpg

DSC_1368.jpg

DSC_1374-1.jpg

DSC_1372-1.jpg

DSC_1370-2.jpg

DSC_1369-2.jpg

DSC_1373-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful and very life-like custom! Also, 'The Thing' was a great film and I dread the remaquel.

Last edited:
dig your updates to the flamethrower..............i might have to try that with mine.......:)
Picture039-2.jpg

looking forward to the monster you come up with.
i considered doing a norris spider head at one time but never did............may reconsider that sometime.

Very nice barryo, I hope you have your own thread for that to show it off and not just posting it here in mine. You need to get your own credit for that one.

Anyone have ideas on something I can use for the legs I am making for the crab thing? I have some thoughts but I would like to hear some suggestions....

Thanks

Anyone have ideas on something I can use for the legs I am making for the crab thing? I have some thoughts but I would like to hear some suggestions....

Thanks

didn't mcfarlane have some spider looking monsters? the tortured souls line maybe?

didn't mcfarlane have some spider looking monsters? the tortured souls line maybe?

Yeah that's true. I was thinking of finding soemthing that is bendy that I can use as a base to sculpt over. This way I can position the legs the way I want first and then sculpt over that. However what you mentioned is a good thought. I'm going to do a little digging. :)

Thanks

seb did a macready that had some spidery looking legs on it as well...........so you could check his out or pm him.
you could always just use copper wire (i have a ton of old coax i strip down to use for certain things i need) and then put your sculpting material/clay on that. you may want to leave some small gaps at the joints so you could bend it more easily without breaking your material. just a thought.........:)

seb did a macready that had some spidery looking legs on it as well...........so you could check his out or pm him.
you could always just use copper wire (i have a ton of old coax i strip down to use for certain things i need) and then put your sculpting material/clay on that. you may want to leave some small gaps at the joints so you could bend it more easily without breaking your material. just a thought.........:)

That's a great thought. I was thinking about using some kind of wire but pulling off being able to bend them to pose after the fact would be awesome. Thanks for the input.

Back