Action Figure Joebizz34's The Thing "MacReady" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging the talent in this thread. For the flamethrower flames: have you ever considered a sturdier material? Something you can get the dust off of without fear of breakage? The molded flames from the McFarlane "Call of Duty" figures would work. If it gets dusty---you can just wash it,lol.
callofduty_flamethrower_photo_04_dl.jpg

Digging the talent in this thread. For the flamethrower flames: have you ever considered a sturdier material? Something you can get the dust off of without fear of breakage? The molded flames from the McFarlane "Call of Duty" figures would work. If it gets dusty---you can just wash it,lol.
callofduty_flamethrower_photo_04_dl.jpg

Thanks and the flame on the thrower is actually cotton so I don't know if dust would affect it. However I figure that a piece of cotton would be easy enough to replace down the road if needed. :)

"Back off! Waaay off!!"
Love the bash, and a great movie. I have all the characters' names memorised from decades ago, LOL. There's 12, if anyone else ever counted. Nauls Fuchs Bennings blah blah blah

Anyone have ideas on something I can use for the legs I am making for the crab thing? I have some thoughts but I would like to hear some suggestions....

Thanks

the crab thing--you mean Norris's head on stilts? Spider thing? You need some wire with rubber foam cast around it. I need something similar for my (sometime) Fiend Without a Face, for the bendy spine. I have the brain, LOL--looks great!

EDIT--forgot how thin the legs are on that headspider thing...maybe just stiff, single core wire, with the knuckles carved/shaped with a soldering iron.

Last edited:
the crab thing--you mean Norris's head on stilts? Spider thing? You need some wire with rubber foam cast around it. I need something similar for my (sometime) Fiend Without a Face, for the bendy spine. I have the brain, LOL--looks great!

EDIT--forgot how thin the legs are on that headspider thing...maybe just stiff, single core wire, with the knuckles carved/shaped with a soldering iron.

Hey Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'm still working on that but yeah single core wire may be the way to go since it is so thin. I'll keep this thread updated as I go along.

Thanks for looking!!

Look forward to it! Incredible bash, forgot to mention that, specifically. Love the blizzard effect on him, stupendous.

Thank you to both of you. I will definitely keep it going. I am going to work hard on the "Thing" monster and post it here when ready.

I just bumbled in here and.... WOW! What a fantastic custom Mac! Gotta be the best McCready I've seen yet -- he looks honest-to-god cold. All you need is his hat slung behind him.

GREAT WORK! :bow

I just bumbled in here and.... WOW! What a fantastic custom Mac! Gotta be the best McCready I've seen yet -- he looks honest-to-god cold. All you need is his hat slung behind him.

GREAT WORK! :bow

Thank you very much!! I thought about adding the hat but with the flame thrower on his back the hat wouldn't really be able to hang back there.

Here is a video on YouTube shwoing my MacReady custom...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuUzWsKaVT4&feature=g-all-lik[/ame]

Damn that is friggin nice Joe. Is that cotton for the Flamethrower emitter? That weathering is spot on, nice lamp haha.

"Go ahead Childs, burn me."

Back